|Job Title: ||Solutions Architect, CST Integrated Technologies|
|Work Site: ||CST - 590 W. 8th|
Regular Full Time
As soon as possible
Days off: Saturday, Sunday, Statutory Holidays
Shifts may include 24 hr support, some weekends, on call rotations
|Salary: ||$39.77 - $57.17 per hour|
Come work as a Solutions Architect with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Solutions Architect to join the CST Project Integrated Technologies team. Apply today to join our team!
About the The Clinical & Systems Transformation (CST) Project
The Clinical & Systems Transformation (CST) Project is one of the largest health care projects in British Columbia's history. It is a joint undertaking between Vancouver Coastal Health, the Provincial Health Services Authority and Providence Health Care to complete a significant transformation of clinical practices and systems. This is an exciting initiative that will deliver key benefits for our patients, health care providers and health organizations.
As a Solutions Architect with Vancouver Coastal Health you will:
- Be responsible for providing leadership in overall vision and execution of system solutions for CST.
- Translate high level business requirements into system requirements that guide the blueprint for the design and development teams.
- Lead the analysis, documentation, prioritization, and alignment of requests and requirements, and provide expert consultation, vision and leadership in the analysis, feasibility, design, planning, implementation, and use of CST solutions.
- Provide options or solution recommendations that are sustainable, align with the clinical, operational, business, enterprise architecture and project requirements, and ensures a cohesive and integrated solution across the Cerner solutions, interfaces and other applications.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Business Administration, Clinical Informatics, Computer Science, Engineering or related discipline
- Minimum of seven (7) years’ recent, related experience in a large, complex organization, including but not limited to, project management, systems analysis, application development, architecture, and operations or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Coordinating People: acting with integrity and trust; building a team environment; communicating clearly; fostering potential.
- Leading Change: striving for personal mastery; leading with Vision; inspiring and engaging; promoting innovation.
- Partnering: focusing on customers; engaging stakeholders.
- Achieving Results: conceptualizing, demonstrating accountability. Business Acumen: managing resources; possessing health environment and political awareness.
- Ability to act as a visionary and strategist for solution product area.
- Excellent analytical and technical skills. Knowledge of all components of a solution architecture.
- Understanding of the political climate of the enterprise and how to navigate the politics. Ability to understand the long-term (big-picture) and short-term perspectives of situations.
- Ability to translate business needs into technical architecture requirements.
- Ability to estimate financial impact of technical architecture alternatives.
- Ability to apply multiple technical solutions to business problems.
- Ability to quickly comprehend the functions and capabilities of new technologies.
- Highly developed business writing and verbal communication skills with the ability to document work appropriately.
- Knowledge of project structures; business case development; contract management; documentation of workflows; health care setting and analytical tools.
- Demonstrable skills planning scope, directing staff members, handling change requests, impacts, and tracking tasks, actions, risks, issues and impacts.
- Resourceful; well-organized; systematic analysis; strategic thinking; critical thinking; attention to detail; leadership and management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to use database, spreadsheet and word processing software at an advanced level.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the job.
As per the current Public Health Orders (Long Term Care/Seniors Assisted Living Provincial Health Officer Order and the Health Sector Order), as of October 26, 2021, all employees working for Vancouver Coastal Health must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Proof of vaccination status will be required.
WHY JOIN VANCOUVER COASTAL HEALTH?
VCH is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents. At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. We invite you to join us in creating healthy lives in healthy communities by showcasing our passion for care, connection to the communities we serve and our culture of teamwork that makes VCH a great place to work.
- Comprehensive health benefits package, including MSP, extended health and dental and municipal pension plan
- Grow your career with employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
- Wellness supports, including counselling, critical incident and innovative wellness services are available to employees and their immediate families
- Award-winning recognition programs to honour staff, medical staff and volunteers
- Access to exclusive discount offers and deals for VCH staff
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are essential to our goals of creating a great place to work and delivering exceptional care. We acknowledge and accommodate unique differences and ensure special measures are in place so that all prospective and current employees are given an opportunity to succeed.
We are committed to building a representative workforce and encourage applications reflecting diversity of sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, racialization or ancestry, disability, political belief, religion, marital or family status, age, and/or status as a First Nation, Metis, Inuit, or Indigenous person.
Vancouver Coastal Health is proud to be recognized as one of Canada's Top 100 Employers in 2022.
Please note that a resume is required to apply to this posting.
Hours of Work may vary due to project requirements.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.