|Job Title: ||Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)|
|Work Site: ||Emergency Department (ED) iCare Quick Response Team, Richmond Continuing Health Services - Richmond, BC|
|Status: ||Casual |
|Start Date: ||As soon as possible|
|Salary: ||$28.43 - $32.98 per hour|
Come work as a Licensed Practical Nurse with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!
Are you a dedicated healthcare worker and enjoy working as a member of an interdisciplinary care team? Do you thrive in both independent and collaborative environments? Apply to work as a Licensed Practical Nurse at Vancouver Coastal Health today!
As an LPN at Vancouver Coastal Health you will:
- Support clients and families to achieve and maintain optimal health by performing the following duties and responsibilities.
- Provide care to clients and families who are experiencing health challenges such as end of life and chronic diseases based on predictable outcomes and the needs/outcomes can be managed by following an established plan of care or under the direction/supervision/guidance of a Registered Nurse (RN).
- Work collaboratively with the Registered Nurse in direct care activities such as assessing, planning, implementing, evaluating and documenting client care.
- Assist the Care Team in the completion of designated client assessments using Resident Assessment Instruments (RAI-HC) as per established policies/procedures.
- Establish, maintain and enhance therapeutic relationships based on respect.
Education & Experience
- Graduation from a recognized program for Practical Nurses.
- Current practicing registration as a Licensed Practical Nurse with the British Columbia College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM).
- Two (2) years recent experience working as a Licensed Practical Nurse providing care in acute (medical/surgical/palliative) and one (1) year in community settings or an equivalent combination of training, education and experience.
- Valid BC Drivers License. Local area travel requires the use of a personal vehicle for which mileage will be reimbursed.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Demonstrated ability in nursing practice related to designated client group � geriatric, chronic disease and end of life client populations.
- Demonstrated knowledge of pathophysiology related to common diagnosis related to designated client group (e.g. dementia, depression, COPD, UTI, diabetes, CA, CHF)
- Demonstrated ability to provide nursing assessments & interventions related to common diagnosis and specific clinical situations relevant to the designated client group (e.g. CA, end-stage liver disease; renal failure; simple wound care; diabetes; COPD), including safe medication practices (eg. Best Possible Medication History, transcription and administration).
- Demonstrated ability to anticipate potential complications and care issues relevant to the designated client group by communicating with the RN.
- Demonstrated ability in correct usage of equipment and maintains competency in working with catheters and tubes for client population.
- Demonstrated ability to document client care on appropriate systems/forms in accordance with organizational and unit standards in a timely and accurate manner, including RAI-HC reassessments.
- Demonstrated skill in chronic disease and palliative symptom management of clients.
- Demonstrated skill in simple wound dressings of ostomy/wounds, insertion and care of urinary catheter, bowel care and provides care of body after death.
- Demonstrated skill in performing LPN scope of practice and standards of care relevant to designated client population including infection control, etc.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes.
As per the current Public Health Orders (Long Term Care/Seniors Assisted Living Provincial Health Officer Order and the Health Sector Order), as of October 26, 2021, all employees working for Vancouver Coastal Health must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Proof of vaccination status will be required.
WHY JOIN VANCOUVER COASTAL HEALTH?
VCH is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents. At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. We invite you to join us in creating healthy lives in healthy communities by showcasing our passion for care, connection to the communities we serve and our culture of teamwork that makes VCH a great place to work.
- Comprehensive health benefits package, including MSP, extended health and dental and municipal pension plan
- Grow your career with employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
- Wellness supports, including counselling, critical incident and innovative wellness services are available to employees and their immediate families
- Award-winning recognition programs to honour staff, medical staff and volunteers
- Access to exclusive discount offers and deals for VCH staff
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are essential to our goals of creating a great place to work and delivering exceptional care. We acknowledge and accommodate unique differences and ensure special measures are in place so that all prospective and current employees are given an opportunity to succeed.
We are committed to building a representative workforce and encourage applications reflecting diversity of sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, racialization or ancestry, disability, political belief, religion, marital or family status, age, and/or status as a First Nation, Metis, Inuit, or Indigenous person.
Vancouver Coastal Health is proud to be recognized as one of Canada's Top 100 Employers in 2022.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.