|Job Title: ||Person Centred Measurement (PCM) Leader|
|Work Site: ||Vancouver General Hospital 12th & Oak|
Regular Full Time
As soon as possible
Days off: Saturday, Sunday and Statutory Holidays
|Salary: ||$39.77 - $57.17 per hour|
Come work as a Person Centred Measurement (PCM) Leader with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!
Reporting to the Regional Manager for Quality Analytics, with a matrix reporting relationship to the Regional Manager, Patient Experience, and in accordance with the Mission, Vision and Values and strategic directions of Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH), the Person Centred Measurement (PCM) Leader contributes crucial expertise to the development of a robust strategy for the integration of person centred metrics in how VCH measures performance at a team, program and system-wide level. As such, the PCM Leader is able to bridge technical knowledge of data analysis and reporting, methodological knowledge of PCM best practices, and strong facilitation skills to continuously partner with provincial, regional and local stakeholders, including the Patient Experience team, clinical programs, providers and staff, and BC Patient Centred Measurement Steering Committee. The PCM Leader is also responsible for deployment of appropriate tools and VCH technical infrastructure to enable sustainable collection of person centred metrics, and for the design, development and production of analysis and reporting for a variety of audiences. The PCM Leader will have opportunity for innovation, and will collaborate with stakeholders to build organizational capacity for person centred measurement, provide full-circle support to initiatives aimed at improving experiences of care, and contribute to growing human connections in care. As such, the role may include providing person centred measurement expertise and collaboration on special projects and events, as well as ongoing initiatives and priorities aimed at advancing person centred care.
As a Person Centred Measurement (PCM) Leader with Vancouver Coastal Health you will:
- Participate in the BC Patient Centred Measurement Steering Committee as one of two VCH representatives, and contributes to the planning of Ministry of Health-led provincial surveys of patients and families.
- Coordinate with regional and local stakeholders to ensure VCH participation in provincial survey activities, including data quality and availability, following up on issues and timelines, and collaborating with the Patient Experience team to engage program stakeholders.
- Act as expert resource for the Patient Experience team on person centred measurement, including advising on validated tools and methodology based on best practices, developing metrics aligned with initiative goals, and ensuring technical feasibility of deliverables.
- Provide dedicated support to the Patient Experience team for quantitative and qualitative data analysis, including identification of key themes and development of visually engaging, intuitive reports for different audiences (frontline clinicians, operational leaders, senior and executive leaders, members of the public).
- Provide expert recommendations to the Patient Experience, System Improvement and Quality Analytics teams on VCH’s strategy for elevating person centred measures as an integral component of team, program and system-level performance monitoring, including end-to-end measurement approaches to sustainably report on and evaluate improvement.
- Contribute to the design of key enabling technical infrastructure and reporting processes for person centred measurement.
- Administer current and future-state infrastructure to ensure timely deployment, analysis and reporting of person centred measurement initiatives.
- Contribute to growing capacity for human experience improvement at VCH, including participation in design and delivery of education, presentations and literature, as well as participation in applicable communities of practice and stakeholder engagement (i.e. Beryl Institute, CIHI).
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in a field related to health, business, statistics or other relevant discipline
- Minimum of three (3) years’ recent, related experience within a clinical, research, evaluation or quality improvement context involving person centred measurement with validated PREMS and/or PROMs, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to build cooperative and consultative partnerships with provincial and health authority partners, including clinical programs, data analytics, IMITS/Health Records, Privacy Office.
- Demonstrated knowledge of person centred measurement tools, such as validated PREMs/PROMs and ability to match the right tools to the right populations and initiative priorities.
- Demonstrated experience with planning and implementing different survey methodologies to maximize equitable inclusion and engagement of diverse target populations.
- Demonstrated experience using database-driven technology to collect, extract, analyze and report on quantitative and qualitative data, including statistical analysis, thematic analysis, and/or joining to other health authority data sources where indicated.
- Demonstrated experience with quality improvement methodology and measurement for improvement and/or evaluation, including matching initiative objectives to the right mix of structure, process, outcome and balancing measures.
- Demonstrated ability to identify, synthesize and present key trends, lessons and recommendations from person centred data, tailored to generate engagement, understanding and commitment to action by different audiences.
- Demonstrated understanding of regionally integrated health systems and provincial health policy environment to appropriately analyze complex information and advance person centred care.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
As per the current Public Health Orders (Long Term Care/Seniors Assisted Living Provincial Health Officer Order and the Health Sector Order), as of October 26, 2021, all employees working for Vancouver Coastal Health must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Proof of vaccination status will be required.
WHY JOIN VANCOUVER COASTAL HEALTH?
VCH is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents. At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. We invite you to join us in creating healthy lives in healthy communities by showcasing our passion for care, connection to the communities we serve and our culture of teamwork that makes VCH a great place to work.
- Comprehensive health benefits package, including MSP, extended health and dental and municipal pension plan
- Grow your career with employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
- Wellness supports, including counselling, critical incident and innovative wellness services are available to employees and their immediate families
- Award-winning recognition programs to honour staff, medical staff and volunteers
- Access to exclusive discount offers and deals for VCH staff
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are essential to our goals of creating a great place to work and delivering exceptional care. We acknowledge and accommodate unique differences and ensure special measures are in place so that all prospective and current employees are given an opportunity to succeed.
We are committed to building a representative workforce and encourage applications reflecting diversity of sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, racialization or ancestry, disability, political belief, religion, marital or family status, age, and/or status as a First Nation, Metis, Inuit, or Indigenous person.
Vancouver Coastal Health is proud to be recognized as one of Canada's Top 100 Employers in 2022.
Please note that a resume is required to apply to this posting.
Hours of Work may vary due to project requirements.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.