|Job Title: ||Director, Quality Data Analytics, Quality, Patient Safety and Infection Control|
|Work Site: ||Vancouver General Hospital, 12th & Oak|
Regular Full Time
As soon as possible
Days off: Saturday, Sunday and Statutory Holidays
|Salary: ||$52.11 - $74.90 per hour|
Come work as a Director, Quality Data Analytics, Quality, Patient Safety and Infection Control with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!
Reporting to the Regional Director, the Director, Quality Data Analytics is accountable to lead the defining of a sustainable long-term technological infrastructure, and data management and analytics strategy that, building on successes to date, enhances the health authority’s ability to be data driven in its QPS-IPAC initiatives by integrating and transforming data into meaningful and actionable information through advanced analytics, epidemiological research and interactive data visualization. A key objective is to provide point-of-care teams with valid, reliable, timely, meaningful and actionable information that supports continuous improvement. The Director provides strategic leadership of quality data analytics through the management and supervision of a designated data analytics team.
As a Director, Quality Data Analytics, Quality, Patient Safety and Infection Control with Vancouver Coastal Health you will:
- Develop and enhance a quality data analytics function and strategy, supported by a long-term technical QPS-IPAC system architecture plan, for the health authority to inform and drive continuous quality improvement and QPS-IPAC business decisions. Gains buy-in and support from key stakeholders.
- Develop tools, resources and sustainable processes designed to streamline data collection by programmatically pulling and integrating required data from primary data sources into QPS-IPAC databases, reducing redundant data collection, and promoting standardization, where possible.
- Collaborate with various stakeholders across the health system to provide analysis and insight to solve challenging problems and identify opportunities in quality, patient safety and infection control, presenting insights effectively to spur organizational leadership into action.
- Lead the design, development and implementation of business solutions to support QPS-IPAC reporting needs.
- Drive the analysis of organizational and business needs as required for long range planning, budgeting, and implementation of QPS-IPAC technology systems and services.
- Direct and manages the Quality Data Analytics portfolio and provides governance and oversight of all data functions across QPS-IPAC to ensure that data architecture, analysis and reporting is consistent and supports of the goals of the Quality Data Analytics Strategy.
- Provide leadership in the areas of quality improvement and epidemiological analytics, QPS-IPAC integrated system improvement, Systems & Operations Performance Improvement, Data Governance and Data Management policies and procedures.
- Provide leadership to the development and implementation of common data management, interactive data visualization, target-setting and benchmarking, and quality improvement science and epidemiological analytic methodologies to increase quality improvement, performance monitoring and evaluation skills and capabilities of internal stakeholders within Vancouver Coastal Health.
- Assess and directs architecture and analytics of existing technology solutions, information reports and ensures strategic standards are part of all data considerations and final reports.
- Ensure the quality (i.e., validity, reliability, timeliness and completeness) of the data used to generate reports to support accurate and timely decision-making. Establishes a global data governance framework, including global data standards and oversees regular audits of quality, patient safety and infection control data and leads efforts to address issues to be corrected.
- Collaborate with subject matter experts across functional areas to promote data governance and stewardship, and to improve overall strategic and operational performance and insight.
Education & Experience
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration, Epidemiology, Computer Science, Informatics or other related field.
- Seven (7) to ten (10) years’ recent, related experience in data production within a large complex organization and a strong knowledge of QPS-IPAC and data reporting, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Proven experience in the supervision and leadership of diverse data teams.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Demonstrated ability to design and implement multiple, complex, and diverse system solutions.
- Demonstrated excellent problem solving capabilities and analytical skills.
- Demonstrated critical thinker with attention to detail, bias for action, and client focus.
- Demonstrated excellent communication skills with a variety of audiences.
- Demonstrated successful track record for strong project management leadership across a series of competing priorities.
- Demonstrated excellent leadership skills, and the ability to foster a motivating and respectful environment where individual competencies can thrive.
- Demonstrated ability to function in a dynamic environment subject to changes in schedules and priorities.
- Demonstrated change management experience in solving technical business issues.
- Demonstrated sound proficiency with spreadsheet, database and related office software packages using technology efficiently.
- Familiarity with analytical tools, statistical packages and relational databases.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
As per the current Public Health Orders (Long Term Care/Seniors Assisted Living Provincial Health Officer Order and the Health Sector Order), as of October 26, 2021, all employees working for Vancouver Coastal Health must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Proof of vaccination status will be required.
WHY JOIN VANCOUVER COASTAL HEALTH?
VCH is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents. At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. We invite you to join us in creating healthy lives in healthy communities by showcasing our passion for care, connection to the communities we serve, and our culture of teamwork that makes VCH a great place to work.
- Comprehensive health benefits package, including MSP, extended health and dental and municipal pension plan
- Grow your career with employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
- Wellness supports, including counselling, critical incident and innovative wellness services are available to employees and their immediate families
- Award-winning recognition programs to honour staff, medical staff and volunteers
- Access to exclusive discount offers and deals for VCH staff
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are essential to our goals of creating a great place to work and delivering exceptional care. We acknowledge and accommodate unique differences and ensure special measures are in place so that all prospective and current employees are given an opportunity to succeed.
We are committed to building a representative workforce and encourage applications reflecting diversity of sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, racialization or ancestry, disability, political belief, religion, marital or family status, age, and/or status as a First Nation, Metis, Inuit, or Indigenous person.
Vancouver Coastal Health is proud to be recognized as one of Canada's Top 100 Employers in 2022.
Please note that a resume is required to apply to this posting.
Hours of Work may vary due to project requirements.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.