|Job Title: ||Social Worker 2 (Psychotherapy) - Operational Stress Injury Clinic|
|Work Site: ||Operational Stress Injury Clinic (OSI) - Vancouver, BC|
|Status: ||Regular Full Time|
|Start Date: ||As soon as possible |
|Salary: ||$36.99 - $46.27 per hour|
Days off: Saturday, Sunday, and statutory holidays
Come work as a Social Worker with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Social Worker with a Master's Degree to join the Operational Stress Injury Clinic at Vancouver General Hospital in Vancouver, BC. Apply today to join our team!
As a Social Worker with VCH you will:
- Work independently and as a member of an interdisciplinary team to provide evidence-based psychotherapy, psycho-social support and other therapeutic interventions, and education and consultation to client/family to clients referred to the Operational Stress Injury (OSI) Clinic.
- Deliver education regarding OSI to individuals, couples, families and community professionals.
- Assess clients’ progress and provide ongoing support.
- Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with stakeholders including Veteran Affairs Canada, RCMP, Department of National Defense and external agencies involved in the care of clients.
- Work with the Canadian network of OSI clinics and follow guidelines of the National Centre for Operational Stress Injuries.
About the Operational Stress Injury Clinic (OSI)
The Operational Stress Injury (OSI) Clinic provides specialized mental health assessment and treatment to clients and their families who are experiencing work-related psychological stress and trauma (e.g. Post Traumatic Stress Disorder and other anxiety disorders; depression; chronic pain, etc.). These clients are referred by Veterans Affairs Canada, RCMP and the Department of National Defense,
Education & Experience
- Masters degree in Social Work from an accredited University.
- Minimum five (5) years recent, related, clinical experience working with psychological stress, trauma, and psychotherapy, and working with members of the military or police services and working with couples, families experiencing operational stress injuries or an equivalent combination of education training and experience.
- Current full registration with the British Columbia College of Social Workers.
- Valid B.C. Drivers License and requires the use of a personal vehicle. Occasional work travel may be required.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Comprehensive knowledge of empirically supported therapeutic psychotherapy and other interventions for individuals, couples and families experiencing operational stress injuries.
- Knowledge of the culture of Canadian Forces, veterans, RCMP; their peacekeeping experience, war experience and psychosocial impact.
- Demonstrated ability in providing psychotherapy to address psychological stress and trauma.
- Demonstrated ability to apply of Trauma Informed Principles to practice.
- Demonstrated ability to apply culturally safe and competent care, including when working with Indigenous peoples.
- Demonstrated understanding of health care ethics and ability to incorporate ethical decision making in practice.
- Basic knowledge of legislation and government policies and procedures as it relates to the rights of clients and obligations of staff.
- Broad knowledge of substance use and addictions issues and treatment.
- Broad knowledge of research process and methodology.
- Demonstrated ability to function as a team member, leader and facilitator.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with, and deal effectively with, co-workers, clients and their families, both one-on-one and in groups.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct comprehensive risk assessments. Demonstrated ability to work independently and in collaboration with others.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage conflict situations and aggressive behavior and use non-violent crisis intervention and behavioral management techniques.
- Demonstrated ability to establish workload priorities in collaboration with others.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Demonstrated ability to operate related equipment.
- Basic computer literacy.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes.
As per the current Public Health Orders (Long Term Care/Seniors Assisted Living Provincial Health Officer Order and the Health Sector Order), as of October 26, 2021, all employees working for Vancouver Coastal Health must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Proof of vaccination status will be required.
WHY JOIN VANCOUVER COASTAL HEALTH?
VCH is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents. At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. We invite you to join us in creating healthy lives in healthy communities by showcasing our passion for care, connection to the communities we serve and our culture of teamwork that makes VCH a great place to work.
- Comprehensive health benefits package, including MSP, extended health and dental and municipal pension plan
- Grow your career with employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
- Wellness supports, including counselling, critical incident and innovative wellness services are available to employees and their immediate families
- Award-winning recognition programs to honour staff, medical staff and volunteers
- Access to exclusive discount offers and deals for VCH staff
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are essential to our goals of creating a great place to work and delivering exceptional care. We acknowledge and accommodate unique differences and ensure special measures are in place so that all prospective and current employees are given an opportunity to succeed.
We are committed to building a representative workforce and encourage applications reflecting diversity of sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, racialization or ancestry, disability, political belief, religion, marital or family status, age, and/or status as a First Nation, Metis, Inuit, or Indigenous person.
Vancouver Coastal Health is proud to be recognized as one of Canada's Top 100 Employers in 2022.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.