|Job Title: ||Community Health Nurse|
|Work Site: ||Texada Island Health (financial relocation assistance may be available)|
Regular Full Time
As soon as possible
Days off: Saturday, Sunday, Statutory Holidays
Come work as a Community Health Nurse with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Community Health Nurse to join the Private Clinics Health Centre team. Apply today to join our team!
As a Community Health Nurse with Vancouver Coastal Health you will:
- Work within a client and family model of care with acute, chronic and palliative populations within the community and within the context of the vision and values of the organization.
- Work in accordance with the standards of professional practice and code of ethics as outlined by the British Columbia College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM) and standards of professional practice.
- Work in partnership with the client and family to establish goals that are safe, realistic, and reasonable by assessing, planning, coordinating, organizing, implementing, evaluating, and transitioning nursing and other services for the client in collaboration with the primary care provider.
- Facilitate the development, implementation, and adaptation of a care plan, delivers direct car to assist clients to manage their own care and navigate through the various services available within the community setting.
Education & Experience
- Current practicing registration as a Registered Nurse with the British Columbia College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM).
- Two years’ recent clinical experience that includes emergency and/or critical care experience preferably in a rural setting.
- ACLS Certification an asset.
- Valid BC Driver’s License required as local area travel may require the use of a personal vehicle.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Demonstrated knowledge and skills within a specific knowledge of community health nursing theory and practice within a client and family centred model of care.
- Broad knowledge of the BCCNM standards of practice and guidelines for clinical practitioners.
- Knowledge of the Community Health Nurse of Canada (CHNC) competencies and standards of practice.
- Basic knowledge of nursing standardized tests and measures.
- Knowledge and demonstrated skill in the provision of evidence-based clinical practice related to designated client populations.
- Knowledge of provincial acts, regulations, and program policies and guidelines related to home and community care.
- Knowledge of acute, chronic disease, palliative and health management and self-management support.
- Knowledge of community resources available for client/family support and related health services.
- Knowledge of transitions through continuums of care.
- Demonstrated ability to provide leadership, supervision, and work direction.
- Knowledge of other health care professions and their role in client care.
- Knowledge of research, quality improvement, evaluation process and methodologies.
- Knowledge of adult education principles, methods and tools.
- Demonstrated ability to promote client-focused care that demonstrates care for and with clients and significant others, sensitive to diverse cultures and preference, client advocacy and social justice concerns.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively as a member of a professional team.
- Demonstrated ability to adjust to new or unexpected events.
- Demonstrated ability to manage psychosocial and behavioural issues.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively through verbal, nonverbal, written, electronic and social media.
- Demonstrated ability to employ effective conflict resolution and reconciliation approaches and techniques.
- Demonstrated ability to teach, facilitate and coach.
- Demonstrated ability to employ teaching/learning strategies to transfer knowledge to engage clients/families in planning and self management of care.
- Demonstrated ability to promote staff morale, cooperation, assertiveness, creative planning for change and innovations, implementation of policies or other protocols and ongoing professional development of self.
- Demonstrated ability to develop rapport, trust and ethical relationships with clients/families, family care providers and other health care professionals and providers.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, organize, schedule and prioritize work.
- Demonstrated skill in CPR techniques.
As per the current Public Health Orders (Long Term Care/Seniors Assisted Living Provincial Health Officer Order and the Health Sector Order), as of October 26, 2021, all employees working for Vancouver Coastal Health must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Proof of vaccination status will be required.
WHY JOIN VANCOUVER COASTAL HEALTH?
VCH is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents. At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. We invite you to join us in creating healthy lives in healthy communities by showcasing our passion for care, connection to the communities we serve and our culture of teamwork that makes VCH a great place to work.
- Comprehensive health benefits package, including MSP, extended health and dental and municipal pension plan
- Grow your career with employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
- Wellness supports, including counselling, critical incident and innovative wellness services are available to employees and their immediate families
- Award-winning recognition programs to honour staff, medical staff and volunteers
- Access to exclusive discount offers and deals for VCH staff
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are essential to our goals of creating a great place to work and delivering exceptional care. We acknowledge and accommodate unique differences and ensure special measures are in place so that all prospective and current employees are given an opportunity to succeed.
We are committed to building a representative workforce and encourage applications reflecting diversity of sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, racialization or ancestry, disability, political belief, religion, marital or family status, age, and/or status as a First Nation, Metis, Inuit, or Indigenous person.
Vancouver Coastal Health is proud to be recognized as one of Canada's Top 100 Employers in 2022.
Please note that a resume is required to apply to this posting.
Hours of Work may vary due to project requirements.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.