|Job Title: ||Intake Nurse (RN/RPN) - Eating Disorders - Child and Youth|
Secondary Eating Disorders Program, Goldcorp Centre for Mental Health - Vancouver, BC
Pacific Spirit Community Health Centre - Vancouver, BC
|Status: ||Casual |
|Start Date: ||As soon as possible|
|Salary: ||$36.23 - $47.58 per hour|
|Hours: ||Various; Evenings required|
Come work as an Intake Nurse with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Registered Psychiatric Nurse or Registered Nurse to join the Secondary Eating Disorders team in Vancouver, BC. Apply today to join our team!
As an Intake Nurse with Vancouver Coastal Health you will:
- Perform initial screening and triage for referrals based on client needs, urgency of request and best practices to determine the appropriate treatment; educate and provide consultation to client/family and primary care provider(s).
- Provide consultation, case management on complex cases to individuals and families with and affected by serious and persistent eating disorders.
- Assess clients, provide treatment intervention and determine referral needs, provide group therapy and group education, liaise with community resources for specialized services and counsel clients.
- Formulate and implement treatment plans and provide comprehensive case consultation and follow-up support on treatment decisions in collaboration with members of the interdisciplinary team.
- Participate in a variety of team and/or local committees and internal and external case conferences and develop, coordinate and deliver in-services, presentations and training to clients, families and caregivers.
Education & Experience
Diploma in Nursing or Psychiatric Nursing supplemented with two (2) years’ recent related clinical experience working in a mental health setting, including counselling of clients and working with eating disordered clients, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Current practicing registration as a Registered Nurse with the British Columbia College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM).
Valid BC Drivers License. Local area travel may require the use of a personal vehicle.
- Child & Youth experience and Community based Eating Disorder treatment experience is an asset.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Knowledge of the principles of recovery in mental illness.
- Broad knowledge of community nursing theory and practice of the designated client population within the program.
- Broad knowledge of BCCNM standards for nursing/psychiatric nursing practice.
- Demonstrated and applied knowledge of eating disorders intervention strategies.
- Demonstrated ability to undertake client assessments utilizing mental health and eating disorders standardized tools.
- Ability to assess, plan, organize, implement, evaluate and problem-solve.
- Ability to communicate effectively with individuals, groups, and other professionals within an interdisciplinary environment in a diverse community.
- Ability to work effectively with others, including working effectively in a multicultural environment, independently, as part of an interdisciplinary team and understanding the frameworks of other disciplines.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with clients, families, staff and community agency personnel.
- Demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize workload in a complex environment.
- Demonstrated comprehensive knowledge of relevant regulations, policies and procedures, and other statutory duties.
- Ability to provide consultation to clients, families and healthcare professionals.
- Ability to develop, coordinate and deliver in-services, presentations, psycho-educational and support groups.
- Ability to make effective referrals, reflecting in-depth knowledge of community resources and strong collaborative skills in working with other community partners.
- Comprehensive knowledge of psychiatric diagnosis and professional practice guidelines for the treatment of various disorders.
- Demonstrated therapeutic skills in the areas of case management, individual and group therapy with adults with various mental disorders including eating disorders.
- Proficiency in the use of personal computers, including related word processing and database management software applications.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes.
As per the current Public Health Orders (Long Term Care/Seniors Assisted Living Provincial Health Officer Order and the Health Sector Order), as of October 26, 2021, all employees working for Vancouver Coastal Health must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Proof of vaccination status will be required.
WHY JOIN VANCOUVER COASTAL HEALTH?
VCH is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents. At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. We invite you to join us in creating healthy lives in healthy communities by showcasing our passion for care, connection to the communities we serve and our culture of teamwork that makes VCH a great place to work.
- Comprehensive health benefits package, including MSP, extended health and dental and municipal pension plan
- Grow your career with employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
- Wellness supports, including counselling, critical incident and innovative wellness services are available to employees and their immediate families
- Award-winning recognition programs to honour staff, medical staff and volunteers
- Access to exclusive discount offers and deals for VCH staff
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are essential to our goals of creating a great place to work and delivering exceptional care. We acknowledge and accommodate unique differences and ensure special measures are in place so that all prospective and current employees are given an opportunity to succeed.
We are committed to building a representative workforce and encourage applications reflecting diversity of sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, racialization or ancestry, disability, political belief, religion, marital or family status, age, and/or status as a First Nation, Metis, Inuit, or Indigenous person.
Vancouver Coastal Health is proud to be recognized as one of Canada's Top 100 Employers in 2022.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.