|Job Title: ||Occupational Therapist 2 - Continuing Health Services (CHS)|
|Work Site: ||Richmond Continuing Health Services - Richmond, BC|
|Status: ||Regular Full Time|
|Start Date: ||As soon as possible |
|Salary: ||$37.24 - $46.39 per hour|
Days off: Saturday, Sunday, and statutory holidays
Come work as an Occupational Therapist with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for an Occupational Therapist to join the Continuing Health Services team in Richmond, BC. Apply today to join our team!
As an Occupational Therapist you will:
- Work without general supervision and provide occupational therapy services to enable clients to achieve and maintain optimal health outcomes.
- Provide services in private homes, facilities, the Palliative Care Unit, hospices, group homes and schools.
- Peform duties including: assessing client’s occupational performance utilizing an evidence-based approach, planning and implementing goal directed services, evaluating the effectiveness of the service, preparing and maintaining records, participating in interdisciplinary research, demonstrating safe and effective resource utilization and quality management and contributing to the development, review and promotion of occupational therapy services.
- As required, contribute to the organization and delivery of occupational therapy services, and participate in departmental/program quality improvement initiatives, meetings, research and education.
- Utilize relevant software applications such as PARIS, Microsoft Word and Access.
Education & Experience
- Master's or Bachelor's Degree in Occupational Therapy and two to three years’ recent related experience.
- Current full registration with the College of Occupational Therapists of British Columbia (COTBC).
- Eligible for membership in the Canadian Association of Occupational Therapists (CAOT).
- Valid B.C. driver’s license in good standing. Local area travel requires the use of a personal vehicle for which mileage reimbursement is paid.
- An Ability to speak a second language may be required.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Working knowledge of occupational therapy theory and practice including the application of standardized tests/tools and measures.
- Working knowledge of the determinants of health and health promotion principles and practices.
- Working knowledge of community health agencies and available community resources.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully analyze situations, problem solve and facilitate resolutions.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, implement, evaluate and modify rehabilitation services
- Demonstrated ability to prescribe and/or recommend a variety of self-aids and rehabilitation equipment.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct relevant assessments per established standards of practice.
- Demonstrated ability to independently plan, organize and prioritize workload.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as a member of an interdisciplinary team.
- Demonstrated ability to plan/deliver/evaluate health education for individuals and groups.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain collaborative working relationships with clients, caregivers/families and community partners.
- Ability to provide effective service in a variety of community settings and with diverse populations.
- Demonstrated computer knowledge in relevant software applications.
- Working knowledge of research process and methodology.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes. Successful applicants may be required to complete a Criminal Records Review Check.
As per the current Public Health Orders (Long Term Care/Seniors Assisted Living Provincial Health Officer Order and the Health Sector Order), as of October 26, 2021, all employees working for Vancouver Coastal Health must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Proof of vaccination status will be required.
WHY JOIN VANCOUVER COASTAL HEALTH?
VCH is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents. At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. We invite you to join us in creating healthy lives in healthy communities by showcasing our passion for care, connection to the communities we serve and our culture of teamwork that makes VCH a great place to work.
- Comprehensive health benefits package, including MSP, extended health and dental and municipal pension plan
- Grow your career with employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
- Wellness supports, including counselling, critical incident and innovative wellness services are available to employees and their immediate families
- Award-winning recognition programs to honour staff, medical staff and volunteers
- Access to exclusive discount offers and deals for VCH staff
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are essential to our goals of creating a great place to work and delivering exceptional care. We acknowledge and accommodate unique differences and ensure special measures are in place so that all prospective and current employees are given an opportunity to succeed.
We are committed to building a representative workforce and encourage applications reflecting diversity of sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, racialization or ancestry, disability, political belief, religion, marital or family status, age, and/or status as a First Nation, Metis, Inuit, or Indigenous person.
Vancouver Coastal Health is proud to be recognized as one of Canada's Top 100 Employers in 2022.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.