|Job Title: ||Manager, Enterprise Risk Management|
|Work Site: ||Internal Audit and Enterprise Risk |
Regular Full Time
As soon as possible
Days off: Saturday, Sunday, Statutory Holidays
|Salary: ||$47.39 - $68.12 per hour|
Come work as a Manager, Enterprise Risk Management with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!
Reporting to the Executive Director, Internal Audit and Enterprise Risk, the Manager is responsible for guiding and directing the organizational risk management strategy, ensuring the timely identification and appropriate management of key risks across Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH). Provides leadership and subject matter expertise to the development, maintenance and improvement of the Enterprise Risk Management framework and supporting systems for the ERM program. Working closely with senior leaders, the Manager provides expert consultation to the VCH Executive team and Board of Directors in developing ERM initiatives based on unique program design and requirements, resource allocation, and ERM system parameters. Conducts ongoing identification of new and trending enterprise risks, provides support and guidance in determining mitigation strategies, and acts as positive change agent in a complex system with the ability to develop relationships with stakeholders both internal and external to VCH. A hybrid working arrangement is available to be discussed with the successful candidate.
As a Manager, Enterprise Risk Management with Vancouver Coastal Health you will:
- Lead the development and implementation of Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) within VCH. Plans, coordinates, monitors the development, implementation, and ongoing functioning of an Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) System, and works closely with Senior Executive team and senior leadership teams on the implementation, evaluation, monitoring and communication of ERM programs.
- Lead the execution of ERM development, evaluation, and sustainment projects, ensuring timelines and milestones are met in an effective manner that aligns to organizational objectives and adheres to applicable institutional and ethical policies, procedures, and privacy legislation. Supports asset mapping to determine both strengths and gaps with respect to project initiatives.
- Lead the implementation of Executive/Board approved strategies and mitigation plans based on risk assessments and the VCH risk registry while ensuring alignment with best practices and legislation
- Provide advice and consultation to VCH Executive and Board of Directors on the evaluation, management, control, and governance of risks, and supports stakeholders in identifying, developing, and prioritizing risk management strategies and plans.
- Prepare periodic enterprise risk management reporting for the Executive Director, Internal Audit and Enterprise Risk, Senior Executive Team, VCH Board Finance and Audit Committee, and other stakeholders.
- Maintain knowledge of current enterprise risk management best practices and standards to identify and support the enhancement of the VCH enterprise risk framework
- Conduct environmental scanning and monitors VCH and industry data to identify changes in the risk landscape and proactively engages stakeholders with direction on enterprise risk identification, assessment, and response.
- Proactively review potential future risk events, analyzes likelihood and impact of occurrence.
- Maintain the corporate risk register, including working with leadership across VCH to gather enterprise risk information. Supports teams/programs/departments wishing to conduct enterprise risk assessments and develop their risk registers.
- Be responsible for supporting leaders in assessing, articulating and reporting on key organizational risks. Provides leadership and consultation on the evaluation, management, control, and governance of risks, and support stakeholders in identifying, developing, and prioritizing risk management strategies and plans
- Facilitate ongoing consultation with key stakeholders to coordinate activities with other programs, identifies unmet or emerging ERM needs, and provides leadership and support in developing approaches to meet these needs.
- Manage complex projects and project resources including vendor contract negotiation and management, budget allocation and monitoring of variances. Aligns appropriate risk management approaches, recommends process changes, leverages external partners and communicates with internal and external stakeholders as necessary.
- Leverage technology into ERM processes to maximize efficiency and stakeholder engagement and experience.
- Provide support, education, and training to staff around enterprise risk management awareness. Recommends, develops and conducts risk management training.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Education & Experience
- Undergraduate degree (Master’s preferred) with a minimum of five (5) years' experience in enterprise risk management, risk management advisory services in a large complex organization, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- A risk management designation or certification as well as previous public sector, operations or other industry experience would be an asset.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Knowledge of health systems, legislation, policy, and quality improvement methodology.
- Demonstrated analytical and critical thinking skills and ability to lead and manage responsively in a complex environment, including the ability to re-direct and mobilize teams.
- Superior writing and verbal communication abilities and demonstrated ability to organize complex information into executive level reporting.
- Demonstrated skills in project management and change management methods. Demonstrated ability to identify variances and implement strategies that lead to desired outcomes.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships at all levels of the organization.
- Expert proficiency with relevant computer software including Microsoft Office suite and knowledge exchange platforms.
As per the current Public Health Orders (Long Term Care/Seniors Assisted Living Provincial Health Officer Order and the Health Sector Order), as of October 26, 2021, all employees working for Vancouver Coastal Health must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Proof of vaccination status will be required.
WHY JOIN VANCOUVER COASTAL HEALTH?
VCH is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents. At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. We invite you to join us in creating healthy lives in healthy communities by showcasing our passion for care, connection to the communities we serve and our culture of teamwork that makes VCH a great place to work.
- Comprehensive health benefits package, including MSP, extended health and dental and municipal pension plan
- Grow your career with employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
- Wellness supports, including counselling, critical incident and innovative wellness services are available to employees and their immediate families
- Award-winning recognition programs to honour staff, medical staff and volunteers
- Access to exclusive discount offers and deals for VCH staff
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are essential to our goals of creating a great place to work and delivering exceptional care. We acknowledge and accommodate unique differences and ensure special measures are in place so that all prospective and current employees are given an opportunity to succeed.
We are committed to building a representative workforce and encourage applications reflecting diversity of sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, racialization or ancestry, disability, political belief, religion, marital or family status, age, and/or status as a First Nation, Metis, Inuit, or Indigenous person.
Vancouver Coastal Health is proud to be recognized as one of Canada's Top 100 Employers in 2022.
Please note that a resume is required to apply to this posting.
Hours of Work may vary due to project requirements.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.