|Job Title: ||Mental Health & Addictions Case Coordinator Nurse (RN/RPN)|
|Early Psychosis Intervention (EPI), HOpe Centre, Lions Gate Hospital - North Vancouver, BC|
|Status: ||Regular Part Time (0.8 FTE)|
|Start Date: ||As soon as possible|
|Salary: ||$36.23 - $47.58 per hour|
0830-1630 (Mon-Wed) 1030-1830 (Thurs)
Days off: Friday, Saturday, Sunday and statutory holidays
Come work as a Mental Health & Addictions Case Coordinator Nurse with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Registered Nurse OR Registered Psychiatric Nurse to join the Early Psychosis Intervention team as a Mental Health & Addictions Case Coordinator Nurse. Apply today to join our team!
As a Mental Health & Addictions Case Coordinator Nurse with VCH you will:
- Work as part of a multidisciplinary mental health and addictions care team to provide treatment and case management services that are both inclusionary and flexible for individuals with mental illness and concurrent disorders (i.e. addictions).
- Establish and maintain relationships with, and consult with, clients, their families and colleagues to provide appropriate treatment services based on best practices and client need.
- Perform key duties such as: intake, mental health assessment, treatment planning, crisis intervention, consultation, individual counseling, education, and support groups to facilitate and coordinate client access to services.
About Early Psychosis Intervention (EPI)
EPI is a comprehensive, evidence-based approach to treating and supporting adolescents and young adults, ages 13-30, who are experiencing early and first episode psychosis. Treating psychosis as quickly as possible provides young people with the best opportunity for recovery. The EPI team will deliver this specialized service in our home community and improve access to care.
Education & Experience
- Diploma in Nursing or Psychiatric Nursing.
- Two (2) years’ recent related experience providing treatment services to individuals with mental health issues, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Current practicing registration as a Registered Nurse or Registered Psychiatric Nurse with the BC College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM).
- Valid BC Drivers License. Local area travel may require the use of a personal vehicle.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Broad knowledge of nursing theory and practice within a client and family centred care model.
- Broad knowledge of BCCNM standards for nursing/psychiatric nursing practice.
- Broad knowledge of mental illness and treatment.
- Broad knowledge of substance abuse and addictions treatment.
- Broad knowledge of psychopharmacology (indications and side-effects).
- Broad knowledge of counseling skills and group facilitation skills.
- Broad knowledge of other facilities and community resources.
- Broad knowledge of other health care disciplines and their role in client care.
- Broad knowledge of adult education principles, methods and tools.
- Broad knowledge of legislation and government policies and procedures that relate to client.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct mental health assessments, and provide treatment planning and crisis intervention.
- Demonstrated ability to apply knowledge of theory and practice to a case management process.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with clients and their families, colleagues, physician, and other health care staff, both one-on-one and in groups.
- Demonstrated listening and information seeking skills that promotes communication and lead to a co-operative approach to problem solving within a multidisciplinary setting.
- Demonstrated ability to establish workload priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and collaboratively as a member of a multidisciplinary team.
- Demonstrated ability to work with individuals with diverse backgrounds.
- Demonstrated ability to adjust to new or unexpected events.
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve.
- Demonstrated ability to deal effectively with conflict situations.
- Demonstrated ability to provide consultation, leadership and work direction.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Basic computer literacy to operate a computerized client care information system and word processing, spreadsheet, Internet and e-mail software.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes.
As per the current Public Health Orders (Long Term Care/Seniors Assisted Living Provincial Health Officer Order and the Health Sector Order), as of October 26, 2021, all employees working for Vancouver Coastal Health must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Proof of vaccination status will be required.
WHY JOIN VANCOUVER COASTAL HEALTH?
VCH is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents. At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. We invite you to join us in creating healthy lives in healthy communities by showcasing our passion for care, connection to the communities we serve and our culture of teamwork that makes VCH a great place to work.
- Comprehensive health benefits package, including MSP, extended health and dental and municipal pension plan
- Grow your career with employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
- Wellness supports, including counselling, critical incident and innovative wellness services are available to employees and their immediate families
- Award-winning recognition programs to honour staff, medical staff and volunteers
- Access to exclusive discount offers and deals for VCH staff
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are essential to our goals of creating a great place to work and delivering exceptional care. We acknowledge and accommodate unique differences and ensure special measures are in place so that all prospective and current employees are given an opportunity to succeed.
We are committed to building a representative workforce and encourage applications reflecting diversity of sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, racialization or ancestry, disability, political belief, religion, marital or family status, age, and/or status as a First Nation, Metis, Inuit, or Indigenous person.
Vancouver Coastal Health is proud to be recognized as one of Canada's Top 100 Employers in 2022.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.