|Job Title: ||Social Worker 2|
|Work Site: ||Youth Intensive Case Management Team, Youth Mental Health & Addictions - North Vancouver, BC|
|Status: ||Regular Part Time (0.50 FTE)|
|Start Date: ||As soon as possible|
|Salary: ||$36.99 - $46.27 per hour|
Days off: Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and statutory holidays
Come work as a Social Worker with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Social Worker to join the North Shore Youth Mental Health & Addictions team in North Vancouver, BC. Apply today to join our team!
As a Social Worker 2 with VCH you will:
- Provide advanced clinical and consultative social work services (assessment, treatment, referrals) to youth and their families in mental health crisis.
- Within a trauma informed practice, harm reduction and recovery oriented care management model, conduct substance use, social and psychosocial assessments, provide individual, family and group counselling/therapy services.
- Develop and implement outcome orientated treatment plans that cover both mental health and substance use disorders.
- Collaborate with the multidisciplinary team by participating in case conferences/meetings to identify and manage client’s mental health and substance use issues.
- Maintain client records, identify applicable community resources for clients and facilitate care throughout the continuum.
Education & Experience
- Master’s Degree in Social Work plus three years (3) recent related clinical experience providing professional social work services to youth with substance use issues and/or concurrent disorders.
- Current full registration with the British Columbia College of Social Workers.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Knowledge of systems thinking as it related to social work process.
- Knowledge and experience in Trauma Informed Practice, Harm Reduction and Recovery Oriented Care.
- Demonstrated ability to assess clients at risk and knowledge of appropriate acts; ie Mental Health Act, as it relates to the rights of clients and staff.
- Knowledge of other health disciplines and their role in healthcare.
- Knowledge and experience in providing culturally safe and competent care, specifically pertaining to Indigenous people
- Knowledge of crisis intervention and supportive counseling skills.
- Knowledge of mental health illness and treatment.
- Knowledge of substance abuse and addictions treatment.
- Knowledge of other facilities and community resources.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct mental status exams and suicide risk assessments.
- Knowledge of research methodology.
- Knowledge of counselling skills and clinical practice models.
- Knowledge of family, group and change therapy.
- Knowledge of legislation and government policies and procedures that relate to the client.
- Demonstrated ability to apply systems theory to practice in Social Work assessment and intervention.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct social and psychosocial assessments, care planning and case management.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and influence group and inter-group processes, decision making and problem solving.
- Demonstrated ability to establish rapport with clients and families in order to explore issues that are beyond the initial presented concerns.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with patients, families, team members, other groups and community agency personnel.
- Demonstrated ability to adjust to new or unexpected events.
- Demonstrated ability to deal effectively with conflict situations.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively as a member of an interdisciplinary team.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Skilled in the use of equipment, and in the techniques appropriate for treatment.
- Basic computer literacy.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes.
As per the current Public Health Orders (Long Term Care/Seniors Assisted Living Provincial Health Officer Order and the Health Sector Order), as of October 26, 2021, all employees working for Vancouver Coastal Health must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Proof of vaccination status will be required.
WHY JOIN VANCOUVER COASTAL HEALTH?
VCH is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents. At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. We invite you to join us in creating healthy lives in healthy communities by showcasing our passion for care, connection to the communities we serve and our culture of teamwork that makes VCH a great place to work.
- Comprehensive health benefits package, including MSP, extended health and dental and municipal pension plan
- Grow your career with employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
- Wellness supports, including counselling, critical incident and innovative wellness services are available to employees and their immediate families
- Award-winning recognition programs to honour staff, medical staff and volunteers
- Access to exclusive discount offers and deals for VCH staff
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are essential to our goals of creating a great place to work and delivering exceptional care. We acknowledge and accommodate unique differences and ensure special measures are in place so that all prospective and current employees are given an opportunity to succeed.
We are committed to building a representative workforce and encourage applications reflecting diversity of sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, racialization or ancestry, disability, political belief, religion, marital or family status, age, and/or status as a First Nation, Metis, Inuit, or Indigenous person.
Vancouver Coastal Health is proud to be recognized as one of Canada's Top 100 Employers in 2022.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.