|Job Title: ||Regional Practice Initiatives Lead Immunization|
|Work Site: ||Chief Med Health Officer, Van|
Regular Full Time
As soon as possible
Days off: Saturday, Sunday, Statutory Holidays
|Salary: ||$47.39 - $68.12 per hour|
Come work as a Regional Practice Initiatives Lead Immunization with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Regional Practice Initiatives Lead Immunization to join the Communicable Disease Control Team. Apply today to join our team!
Reporting to the Regional Director of Communicable Disease Control and with linkages to Professional Practice, this position is responsible for promoting excellence and advancing autonomous professional practice relevant to the strategic direction in the Immunization Program
Working in close collaboration with Medical Health Officers, Operations Directors and Program Managers/Leaders, Clinicians, Educators, Nurses, Environmental Health Officers and other interdisciplinary team members along with external stakeholders, the incumbent guides the application and standardization of practice standards, regulations and best practices within the organization. Provides leadership and expert consultative advice on scope of practice, clinical informatics, resource planning and research to enhance the practice environments and achieve effective and efficient quality of care.
As a Regional Practice Initiatives Lead Immunization with Vancouver Coastal Health you will:
- Promotes consistent care to our patients / clients / residents / families across sites, programs and professions through standardization, integration and promotion of evidence informed best practice resources using specialized knowledge of Immunization and Vaccine Preventable Diseases
- Facilitates and recommends program planning and development of practice guidelines for VCH that supports best practices, improved client access, and efficient flow of clients across the care continuum by identifying current practice needs and future directions, reviewing current best practices, consulting with Directors/Managers, using best utilization methods, developing and documenting implementation plans, presenting recommendations, and ensuring deliverables are on time and within mandate.
- Implements, in consultation with Regional Director of Communicable Disease Control and Professional Practice Director(s), effective strategies for advancing autonomous professional practice within Service(s)/Program(s) that are consistent with the corporate vision and strategic direction for VCH and Professional Practice.
- Completes specific goals and objectives for approved VCH initiatives/projects by facilitating and supporting team activities, defining and analyzing issues, guiding and directing project activities for one or more nursing/allied health practice projects through developing workplans to plan, organize, direct and control projects, in consultation with Director(s).
- Fosters strategic and working relationships with internal and external stakeholders that result in sharing of knowledge, monitoring practice trends, identification of opportunities to promote innovation, exploration and partnerships for improvement, and ensuring consistent delivery of quality practice/services throughout the Service(s)/Program(s) within VCH.
Education & Experience
- Master’s Degree in Public Health, Nursing, MBA or other relevant discipline supplemented with three (3) to five (5) year’s recent, related experience in a complex health care environment including clinical informatics, program planning, education, facilitation and project leadership.
- Current practicing registration in a regulated Health Care Profession.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Demonstrated Immunization and Vaccine Program experience
- Demonstrated experience working with school aged children and youth and working in partnership with school boards, districts and families to deliver public health services
- Facilitates, collaborates and negotiates for effective resolution of practice issues.
- Keeps informed about evolving trends and practices, shares knowledge and supports Nurses and Allied Health staff to integrate evidence-based practice in the delivery of quality care/services.
- Fosters collaborative and effective working relationships to support the professional practice and ongoing development of staff and contribute to an atmosphere of trust and mutual respect.
- Extensive experience/base in clinical practice document/protocol development and implementation.
- Extensive understanding of Health Professions Act.
- Demonstrates an ability to embed a health promotion and population health lens into decisions impacting local service delivery across VCH.
- Knowledge and experience in trauma informed practice, cultural safety, and harm reduction.
- Advocates for diversity, equity and inclusion in all aspects of life and work.
- Experience managing complex regional projects with diverse stakeholders
As per the current Public Health Orders (Long Term Care/Seniors Assisted Living Provincial Health Officer Order and the Health Sector Order), as of October 26, 2021, all employees working for Vancouver Coastal Health must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Proof of vaccination status will be required.
WHY JOIN VANCOUVER COASTAL HEALTH?
VCH is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents. At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. We invite you to join us in creating healthy lives in healthy communities by showcasing our passion for care, connection to the communities we serve and our culture of teamwork that makes VCH a great place to work.
- Comprehensive health benefits package, including MSP, extended health and dental and municipal pension plan
- Grow your career with employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
- Wellness supports, including counselling, critical incident and innovative wellness services are available to employees and their immediate families
- Award-winning recognition programs to honour staff, medical staff and volunteers
- Access to exclusive discount offers and deals for VCH staff
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are essential to our goals of creating a great place to work and delivering exceptional care. We acknowledge and accommodate unique differences and ensure special measures are in place so that all prospective and current employees are given an opportunity to succeed.
We are committed to building a representative workforce and encourage applications reflecting diversity of sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, racialization or ancestry, disability, political belief, religion, marital or family status, age, and/or status as a First Nation, Metis, Inuit, or Indigenous person.
Vancouver Coastal Health is proud to be recognized as one of Canada's Top 100 Employers in 2022.
Please note that a resume is required to apply to this posting.
Hours of Work may vary due to project requirements.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.