|Job Title: ||Social Worker - Integrated Care Team/DTES|
|Work Site: ||Integrated Care Team, Pender Community Health Centre, Downtown Eastside (DTES) - Vancouver, BC|
|Status: ||Temporary Full Time|
|Start Date: ||As soon as possible until September 2023|
|Salary: ||$36.99 - $46.27 per hour|
Days off: Monday, Saturday, Sunday, and statutory holidays
Come work as a Social Worker with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Social Worker with a Master's Degree to join the Integrated Care Team at the Pender Community Health Centre in Vancouver, BC. Apply today to join our team!
As a Social Worker with Vancouver Coastal Health you will:
- Work to address client and family centred care needs supported by an integrated health service team and delivery model.
- Work collaboratively to coordinate a plan of care across multiple sites, clinics, and services within an integrated health service delivery model and interdisciplinary care team that includes primary care; mental health and substance use; private General Practitioner (GP) partners; and other Community Care Services.
- Care for clients and families who are experiencing health challenges such as, but not limited to, end of life, chronic disease, mental health and substance use and are adversely affected by the social determinants of health to coordinate a plan of care and support transitions between services.
- Use health management and/or self-care management principles to identify problems, address issues or variances from the plan of care in collaboration with the entire interdisciplinary team and any other health care services involved.
- Act as a resource for the DTES integrated team by providing information and support based on theory and practice related to clients with complex health care needs.
- Provide direct care activities such as psycho-social assessing, planning, implementing, evaluating and documenting client care as part of the Integrated Care Team and collaboratively with other Community Care Services.
- Establish, maintain and enhance therapeutic relationships based on respect.
Education & Experience
- Master’s Degree in Social Worker plus two (2) years’ recent related experience providing care through a holistic mental health, substance use and primary care lens or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Current full registration with the British Columbia College of Social Workers.
- Valid BC Drivers License preferred.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Comprehensive knowledge of other health care disciplines and their role in client care.
- Demonstrated ability in dealing with a variety of situations and responsibilities requiring initiative, creativity and professional judgment.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of a client and family centered recovery model in mental illness.
- Knowledge and skills to provide care coordination to a select caseload of clients.
- Knowledge of appropriate acts; e.g. Mental Health Act, Adult Guardianship, Public Health Act as it relates to the rights and obligations of clients and staff.
- Knowledge and experience in providing culturally safe and competent care, specifically pertaining to Aboriginal people.
- Knowledge and experience in Trauma Informed Practice, Harm Reduction and Recovery Oriented Care.
- Broad knowledge of crisis intervention and supportive counseling skills.
- Broad knowledge of mental health illness and treatment.
- Broad knowledge of substance abuse and addictions treatment.
- Broad knowledge of other facilities and community resources.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct mental status exams and suicide risk assessments.
- Demonstrated ability to provide care planning, supportive counseling, crisis intervention, and case coordination.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with clients and their families, colleagues, physicians, and other health care staff, both one-on-one and in groups. Demonstrated listening and information seeking skills that promotes communication and lead to a cooperative approach to problem solving within a multidisciplinary setting.
- Demonstrated ability to establish workload priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to adjust schedule to deal with unexpected situations.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and collaboratively as a member of a multidisciplinary team.
- Demonstrated ability to provide consultation and leadership.
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve and use critical thinking skills.
- Demonstrated ability to deal effectively with conflict situations.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Basic computer literacy to operate a computerized client care information system and word processing, Internet and email software.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes.
As per the current Public Health Orders (Long Term Care/Seniors Assisted Living Provincial Health Officer Order and the Health Sector Order), as of October 26, 2021, all employees working for Vancouver Coastal Health must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Proof of vaccination status will be required.
WHY JOIN VANCOUVER COASTAL HEALTH?
VCH is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents. At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. We invite you to join us in creating healthy lives in healthy communities by showcasing our passion for care, connection to the communities we serve and our culture of teamwork that makes VCH a great place to work.
- Comprehensive health benefits package, including MSP, extended health and dental and municipal pension plan
- Grow your career with employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
- Wellness supports, including counselling, critical incident and innovative wellness services are available to employees and their immediate families
- Award-winning recognition programs to honour staff, medical staff and volunteers
- Access to exclusive discount offers and deals for VCH staff
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are essential to our goals of creating a great place to work and delivering exceptional care. We acknowledge and accommodate unique differences and ensure special measures are in place so that all prospective and current employees are given an opportunity to succeed.
We are committed to building a representative workforce and encourage applications reflecting diversity of sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, racialization or ancestry, disability, political belief, religion, marital or family status, age, and/or status as a First Nation, Metis, Inuit, or Indigenous person.
Vancouver Coastal Health is proud to be recognized as one of Canada's Top 100 Employers in 2022.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.