|Job Title: ||Quality Leader, Clinical Quality and Safety|
|Work Site: ||Lions Gate Hospital - NS|
Regular Full Time
As soon as possible
Days off: Saturday, Sunday, Statutory Holidays
|Salary: ||$39.77 - $57.17 per hour|
Come work as a Quality Leader, Clinical Quality and Safety with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!
Reporting to the Director, Quality, Safety and Improvement, the Quality Leader provides specialized skills in the support of achieving Vancouver Coastal Health’s (VCH’s) organizational and quality improvement strategic direction. The position provides expertise and support to clinical operations, corporate services and unit-based teams directed at improving the safety and quality of care and client experience at VCH. The position ensures that initiatives are aligned with organizational goals, objectives and improvement priorities.
The Quality Leader promotes the development and enrichment of an organization-wide improvement culture, and works as part of the team to achieve outcomes, provide leadership to specific projects, support the identification of system improvement opportunities, support the development of knowledge, and the use of quality improvement methods and tools to improve work processes.
The Quality Leader functions at all levels of the organization, across all programs and sites, partners with point-of-care teams (physicians, nursing, and allied care) and interacts with senior leadership, clinical directors, patient and resident care management and corporate and support leaders.
This position will be based out of Lions Gate Hospital but will require travel across the Coastal Community of Care, access to a personal vehicle car is preferred
As a Quality Leader, Clinical Quality and Safety with Vancouver Coastal Health you will:
- Provide expert advice and support in the preparation of organization-wide quality and safety improvement plans, promoting consistency with organizational strategic priorities as well as compatibility with relevant professional and accreditation standards in collaboration with leaders.
- Provide leadership, facilitation, and coordination as required to organizational committees, improvement groups and operational/implementation groups.
- Support leaders and teams in the identification of opportunities to improve the quality and safety as well as the design and implementation of strategies to make these improvements.
- Identify and supports resolution to problems or barriers to ensure success of the project.
- Identify the information requirements of teams, projects and/or initiatives, and develops strategies to meet those needs.
- Research regional, provincial, national and international health care trends and innovations.
- Provide information, reports, analyses, recommendations and sustainment plans to teams, Director, Quality, Safety and Improvement, organizational leaders and Senior Leadership Team as required to support evaluation and decision-making.
- Maintain expert knowledge related to the methods and tools of continuous quality improvement and their application.
- Ensure a consistent application of the methods and tools of continuous quality improvement in the organization. Acts as a resource and coach to others in this regard. Role models quality improvement principles by promoting staff involvement in decision-making.
PROJECT AND CHANGE MANAGEMENT
- Provide project and change management expertise to advance the strategic priorities in the organization to achieve outcomes.
- Ensure a consistent application of change management practices in the organization.
- Monitor the budgets and human resource needs for assigned projects.
- Identify risks associated in the duration of the project.
- Facilitate learning and delivers educational sessions aligned with quality improvement, successful management and integration of change and quality improvement.
- Provide coaching and facilitation as required to organizational committees, planning groups and operational/implementation groups.
- Promote and provides assistance in accreditation preparations, and supports leaders in the organization to ensure compliance of standards as part of the commitment to continuous improvement.
- Build strong relationships with key internal stakeholders to successfully complete projects and initiatives across VCH.
- Work collaboratively with external stakeholders to successfully complete joint initiatives, both regionally and provincially.
- Carry out responsibilities in accordance with health and safety requirements. Immediately reports unsafe situations by notifying supervisor or other appropriate personnel.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Education & Experience
- Master’s Degree in Health Services Administration, Science or Business Administration of related studies, with three (3) to five (5) years recent, related experience with quality improvement, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Expert knowledge and three (3) years’ experience utilizing the methodology and tools of continuous improvement to support process improvement and system redesign.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Knowledge of and experience with quality improvement methodologies (Model for Improvement, LEAN, Six Sigma), techniques (measurement, learning models, change management theory, influencing techniques) and tools (e.g., process mapping, workflow diagrams, system monitoring and evaluation, PDSA cycles, data display with run and control charts).
- Displays comprehensive knowledge of project management principles and methodologies and ability to coach team members on these skills.
- Utilizes independent thinking and creative problem-solving abilities.
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills to function within a complex interdisciplinary environment.
- Works effectively under time pressure to meet deadlines, balance work priorities and resolve problems in a timely manner.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
As per the current Public Health Orders (Long Term Care/Seniors Assisted Living Provincial Health Officer Order and the Health Sector Order), as of October 26, 2021, all employees working for Vancouver Coastal Health must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Proof of vaccination status will be required.
WHY JOIN VANCOUVER COASTAL HEALTH?
VCH is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents. At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. We invite you to join us in creating healthy lives in healthy communities by showcasing our passion for care, connection to the communities we serve and our culture of teamwork that makes VCH a great place to work.
- Comprehensive health benefits package, including MSP, extended health and dental and municipal pension plan
- Grow your career with employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
- Wellness supports, including counselling, critical incident and innovative wellness services are available to employees and their immediate families
- Award-winning recognition programs to honour staff, medical staff and volunteers
- Access to exclusive discount offers and deals for VCH staff
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are essential to our goals of creating a great place to work and delivering exceptional care. We acknowledge and accommodate unique differences and ensure special measures are in place so that all prospective and current employees are given an opportunity to succeed.
We are committed to building a representative workforce and encourage applications reflecting diversity of sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, racialization or ancestry, disability, political belief, religion, marital or family status, age, and/or status as a First Nation, Metis, Inuit, or Indigenous person.
Vancouver Coastal Health is proud to be recognized as one of Canada's Top 100 Employers in 2022.
Please note that a resume is required to apply to this posting.
Hours of Work may vary due to project requirements.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.