|Job Title: ||Regional Director, Experience in Care|
|Work Site: ||Vancouver General Hospital - 12th & Oak|
Regular Full Time
As soon as possible
Days off: Saturday, Sunday, Statutory Holidays
|Salary: ||$57.34 - $82.43 per hour|
Come work as a Regional Director, Experience in Care with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for Regional Director to join the Experience in Care team. Apply today to join our team!
Reporting to the Executive Director, Experience, Quality and Safety and leading in accordance with the Mission, Vision and Values, and strategic directions of Vancouver Coastal Health’s (VCH) patient, family and staff experience is a priority and a responsibility shared by everyone at VCH.
As a Director, Regional Director with Vancouver Coastal Health you will:
- Ensure continuous quality improvement inherent in the experiences patients, clients, residents, families, as well as staff and clinical providers encounter across the health authority.
- Be responsible and accountable for leading the strategic development, implementation, and evaluation of the Experience in Care Program to embed and support improved Patient Care Quality and overall Experience across the organization.
- Demonstrate strategic planning, leadership, expertise, situational management, and problem solving for Experience in Care across VCH, including the promotion of evidence-informed quality clinical practice, related activities, and engagement of stakeholders including all service providers, that enhance the patient experience and that advances a culture of human centred care.
- Lead the development and implementation a strategic framework, organizational policies and strategies in accordance with the Ministry of Health’s mandate, Accreditation Canada Required Organizational Practices, and VCH’s vision for VCH.
- Work and engage in close collaboration with stakeholders with focus on patients and families including the Patient Care Quality office, Indigenous Health, Leaders at all levels of the organization including medical staff.
- Identify and support opportunities to improve overall patient experience in a measurable way through embedding patient insights into clinical policy, education and planning and/or redesign strategies consistent with organizational goals and vision.
- Oversight and plan for success from the patient and family at the point of care, to the VCH Senior Executive and the Board.
- Promote high standards of patient and family centred care throughout the organization.
- Enhance alignment and cohesiveness across VCH, through meaningful data, measurement and improvement strategies related to patient experience.
- Be involved with various health sector and ministry/government committees, initiatives and legislation, locally, provincially and nationally, ensure VCH’s alignment with current and future strategic direction, research and goals in all areas of practice.
Education & Experience
- Master’s degree (or equivalent) or in a field related to health, business or other leadership relevant discipline.
- Ten (10) years’ recent, related experience within a clinical, patient experience, or quality improvement context involving engaging patients and families or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Certification in Patient Experience Leadership from the Beryl Institute is considered an asset.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Demonstrated compassionate leadership with the ability to manage complex and sensitive conversations with a focus on overall experience and mutually beneficial solutions.
- Demonstrates comprehensive expertise in experience in care theory into program strategy and direction.
- Knowledge of current and future health care issues that impact the designated portfolio.
- Demonstrated knowledge of structures and leadership roles to support patient-centeredness frameworks.
- Demonstrated exceptional communication skills to support bi directional communication with a diverse population of patients and families and healthcare providers.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and build cooperative and consultative partnerships with patients, families and partners.
- Demonstrated ability to identify and implement strategic goals and priorities for a new program facing multiple demands by a variety of stakeholders to ensure the work is directed towards measurable and high impact
- Strong leadership skills to supervise, coach, mentor and support teams to meet patient experience goals and objectives.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, as well as excellent facilitation skills to work effectively in a team setting and with a variety of patients, families, healthcare providers and other stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to obtain, assess, and evaluate data including surveys, meetings, focus groups etc. collecting quantitative and qualitative data related to patient experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of current advanced word processing, graphics presentation, and spreadsheet computer applications to prepare reports and presentations.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
As per the current Public Health Orders (Long Term Care/Seniors Assisted Living Provincial Health Officer Order and the Health Sector Order), as of October 26, 2021, all employees working for Vancouver Coastal Health must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Proof of vaccination status will be required.
WHY JOIN VANCOUVER COASTAL HEALTH?
VCH is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents. At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. We invite you to join us in creating healthy lives in healthy communities by showcasing our passion for care, connection to the communities we serve and our culture of teamwork that makes VCH a great place to work.
- Comprehensive health benefits package, including MSP, extended health and dental and municipal pension plan
- Grow your career with employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
- Wellness supports, including counselling, critical incident and innovative wellness services are available to employees and their immediate families
- Award-winning recognition programs to honour staff, medical staff and volunteers
- Access to exclusive discount offers and deals for VCH staff
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are essential to our goals of creating a great place to work and delivering exceptional care. We acknowledge and accommodate unique differences and ensure special measures are in place so that all prospective and current employees are given an opportunity to succeed.
We are committed to building a representative workforce and encourage applications reflecting diversity of sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, racialization or ancestry, disability, political belief, religion, marital or family status, age, and/or status as a First Nation, Metis, Inuit, or Indigenous person.
Vancouver Coastal Health is proud to be recognized as one of Canada's Top 100 Employers in 2022.
Please note that a resume is required to apply to this posting.
Hours of Work may vary due to project requirements.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.