|Job Title: ||Therapist - Eating Disorders Eating Disorders Program|
|Work Site: ||Secondary Eating Disorders, Goldcorp Centre for Mental Health - Vancouver, BC|
|Status: ||Temporary Part Time (0.40 FTE)|
|Start Date: ||As soon as possible until October 2024|
|Salary: ||$35.65 - $44.56 per hour|
Days off: Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Saturday, Sunday, and statutory holidays
Come work as a Therapist, Eating Disorders with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Therapist, Eating Disorders with a Master's Degree in a behavioural science to join the Vancouver Secondary Eating Disorders team. Apply today to join our team!
As a Therapist focused in Eating Disorders you will:
- Provide treatment services for the designated client population (adults, children and/or youth) with eating disorders.
- Perform psychosocial assessments and provide treatment services such as individual therapy, family therapy, and education.
- Provide consultation, case management and therapy on complex cases.
- Participate in the collaborative process of developing and adjusting treatment plans, and initiate and participate in case conferences/meeting with clients and families.
- Provide information to families and the general public, consult with other service providers, and collaborate with colleagues which may include school districts, physicians, community agencies, hospitals and others.
- Provide referrals to appropriate community treatment alternatives and services.
- Participate in committees, community initiatives, team meetings, community education and engage in ongoing team planning and quality improvement activities.
Education & Experience
- Master's degree in a behavioral science from a recognized program.
- Two (2) years’ recent related experience providing individual, group and / or family therapy to the designated client population within the program (Adult or Child and Youth) with disordered eating.
- Valid BC Driver’s License. Local travel may require the use of a personal vehicle.
- Community-based Eating Disorder treatment experience is preferred
Knowledge & Abilities
- Knowledge of the principles of recovery in mental illness.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the diagnosis and treatment of disordered eating in the designated client population including best practices and modalities of treatment.
- Comprehensive knowledge of psychotherapeutic and counselling skills.
- Broad knowledge of legislation and government policies and procedures relating to clients and their families.
- Broad knowledge of community resources, service mandates and referral guidelines.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with clients and their families, colleagues, physicians and other health care professionals, both one-on-one and in groups.
- Demonstrated listening and information seeking skills that promote communication and lead to a co-operative approach to problem solving within an interdisciplinary team.
- Demonstrated ability to provide supervision, consultation, leadership and facilitation.
- Demonstrated ability to set priorities, organize work and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and in collaboration with others as a member of an interdisciplinary team.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct mental health assessments and provide treatment planning and case coordination.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with community partners.
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve, adjust to new or unexpected events, and deal effectively with conflict situations.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with individuals from diverse backgrounds.
- Demonstrated ability to operated related office equipment.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Basic computer literacy and ability to operate a computerized client care information system and work processing, spread sheet, Internet and email software.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes. Successful applicants may be required to complete a Criminal Records Review Check.
As per the current Public Health Orders (Long Term Care/Seniors Assisted Living Provincial Health Officer Order and the Health Sector Order), as of October 26, 2021, all employees working for Vancouver Coastal Health must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Proof of vaccination status will be required.
WHY JOIN VANCOUVER COASTAL HEALTH?
VCH is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents. At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. We invite you to join us in creating healthy lives in healthy communities by showcasing our passion for care, connection to the communities we serve and our culture of teamwork that makes VCH a great place to work.
- Comprehensive health benefits package, including MSP, extended health and dental and municipal pension plan
- Grow your career with employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
- Wellness supports, including counselling, critical incident and innovative wellness services are available to employees and their immediate families
- Award-winning recognition programs to honour staff, medical staff and volunteers
- Access to exclusive discount offers and deals for VCH staff
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are essential to our goals of creating a great place to work and delivering exceptional care. We acknowledge and accommodate unique differences and ensure special measures are in place so that all prospective and current employees are given an opportunity to succeed.
We are committed to building a representative workforce and encourage applications reflecting diversity of sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, racialization or ancestry, disability, political belief, religion, marital or family status, age, and/or status as a First Nation, Metis, Inuit, or Indigenous person.
Vancouver Coastal Health is proud to be recognized as one of Canada's Top 100 Employers in 2022.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.