|Job Title: ||Healthy Public Policy Analyst|
|Work Site: ||Office of the Chief Medical Officer – 601 W Broadway|
Regular Full Time
As soon as possible
Days off: Saturday, Sunday, Statutory Holidays
|Salary: ||$33.35 - $47.94 per hour|
Come work as a Healthy Public Policy Analyst with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Healthy Public Policy Analyst to join the PopHlth Policy & Strategy Team. Apply today to join our team!
The Healthy Public Policy Analyst will support the Office of the CMHO in developing evidence reviews and position statements to inform healthy public policy interventions aimed at addressing the determinants of health. In addition, the Public Policy Analyst will work on qualitative research, evidence appraisal, review, and report writing.
We seek someone with experience conducting evidence appraisals, report writing, and developing policy statements, as well as expertise in evidence reviews, knowledge translation, report writing, and policy development.
As a Healthy Public Policy Analyst with Vancouver Coastal Health you will:
- Report to the Population Health Manager, and working closely with Policy Leads, Practice Leads, Public Health Communications and other staff, the Healthy Public Policy Analyst provides key policy research and analysis to advance the Office of the Chief Medical Health Officer’s (MHO) strategic health promotion priorities.
- Have a strong background in both qualitative and quantitative methodologies, excellent report writing and other technical writing skills, and experience producing rigorous and comprehensive analysis in dynamic decision-making environments with demanding timelines.
- Be a key strategic resource for Population Health and other programs across the Office of the Chief MHO.
Education & Experience
- Graduate Degree in Public Policy, Research, Planning, Sociology, Public Health, or another relevant field with three (3) to five (5) year's recent, related experience that includes policy research, analysis, report writing, briefing and other technical documents preferably in the government sector, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Demonstrates strong knowledge, skills and experience in public policy analysis, applied strategic research methodologies, and policy communication.
- Demonstrates broad knowledge of population health, social, environmental, and behavioural determinants of health.
- Demonstrates applied knowledge of social, economic, political and health trends and statistics.
- Maintains the most current and up-to-date knowledge of policy research and analysis practices and tools.
- Experience leading and coordinating research projects which may include working groups and steering and advisory committees, and involve senior internal and external stakeholders, senior personnel from other departments, levels of government, and dedicated project team staff and consultants.
- Experience applying for research grant funding (Eg. CIHR, NRC, SSHRC, Innovation Funds).
- Excellent communication skills to function within a complex interdisciplinary environment including ability to communicate with senior members of government including federal, provincial and municipal.
- Computer literacy with word-processing, spreadsheet, presentation, project management and database applications. Expertise using SPSS, NVivo and other statistical analysis software, data visualization platforms, and GIS software.
- Demonstrated knowledge of data management and data science best practices.
- Able to lead strategic efforts, manage conflict, and to exercise a high degree of judgement and independence toward delivery of outcomes.
- Demonstrates comprehensive knowledge, skills and experience in project management principles and methodologies, including the ability to set and adapt to changing priorities in a complex, fast paced work environment, and ability to coach other team members on these skills.
- Demonstrates thorough understanding, and experience engaging, available resources for projects and relevant stakeholder groups.
- Utilizes initiative, vision, independent thinking and creative problem-solving abilities to implement project plans and realize project completion.
- Able to provide strong feedback and detailed analysis on project processes, and make recommendations as required.
- Utilizes effective facilitation, persuasion and negotiation abilities to achieve consensus, resolve conflict and achieve desired outcomes.
- Provides rapid policy reviews, memos, and other internal communication materials as requested.
- Works effectively under time pressure to meet deadlines, balance work priorities, and resolve problems to achieve deliverables and outcomes in a timely manner.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
As per the current Public Health Orders (Long Term Care/Seniors Assisted Living Provincial Health Officer Order and the Health Sector Order), as of October 26, 2021, all employees working for Vancouver Coastal Health must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Proof of vaccination status will be required.
WHY JOIN VANCOUVER COASTAL HEALTH?
VCH is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents. At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. We invite you to join us in creating healthy lives in healthy communities by showcasing our passion for care, connection to the communities we serve and our culture of teamwork that makes VCH a great place to work.
- Comprehensive health benefits package, including MSP, extended health and dental and municipal pension plan
- Grow your career with employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
- Wellness supports, including counselling, critical incident and innovative wellness services are available to employees and their immediate families
- Award-winning recognition programs to honour staff, medical staff and volunteers
- Access to exclusive discount offers and deals for VCH staff
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are essential to our goals of creating a great place to work and delivering exceptional care. We acknowledge and accommodate unique differences and ensure special measures are in place so that all prospective and current employees are given an opportunity to succeed.
We are committed to building a representative workforce and encourage applications reflecting diversity of sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, racialization or ancestry, disability, political belief, religion, marital or family status, age, and/or status as a First Nation, Metis, Inuit, or Indigenous person.
Vancouver Coastal Health is proud to be recognized as one of Canada's Top 100 Employers in 2022.
Please note that a resume is required to apply to this posting.
Hours of Work may vary due to project requirements.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.