|Job Title: ||Supervisor (RN) - Patient Flow, Access and Operations|
|Work Site: ||Patient Management, Richmond Hospital - Richmond, BC|
|Status: ||Casual |
|Start Date: ||As soon as possible|
|Salary: ||$45.90 - $55.32 per hour|
Are you the next Supervisor, Patient Flow, Access and Operations at Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)? Apply today to join our team!
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Registered Nurse with leadership and management experience to join the Patient Management team at Richmond Hospital in Richmond, BC.
As a Supervisor, Patient Flow, Access and Operations you will:
- Administrate/oversee the provision of clinical care and provides supervision, leadership and guidance to designated staff and team professionals to achieve excellence in client care.
- Oversee patient flow and access on a 24/7 basis to ensure timely and appropriate patient placement from one care level to another.
- Work in conjunction with the Manager to identify and alleviate barriers to effective patient flow and provision of care.
- Coordinate work activities to ensure an efficient and high standard of care and effective utilization of client care resources to meet operational needs.
- Oversee and provide supervision to designated staff and team professionals including continuous communications, conflict resolution, performance recognition, coaching, performance management, safe work practices, workload and staffing issues.
- Conduct Attendance Wellness Promotion (AWP), Respectful Workplace, accommodation and other meetings in conjunction with an HR Advisor.
- Recruit, hire, select, mentor and retain staff.
- During evenings, nights, and weekends, deal with behavioural or clinical issues such as substance issues, clinical performance, sleeping more than 30 minutes on night shift, as they arise, by having a conversation with the employee to assess whether the employee is safe and competent to continue work or needs to be sent home during the shift.
- Follow up with Manager and HR Advisor promptly to review the next steps in the investigation process.
Education & Experience
- Current practicing registration as a Registered Nurse with the British Columbia College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM).
- Baccalaureate in Nursing, supplemented with leadership and business management courses.
- Five (5) years’ recent clinical experience including one (1) year of experience in bed utilization and/or two (2) years’ of progressive leadership experience in a supervisory and/or administrative capacity in an acute care setting or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Completion of post basic specialty nursing certificate/program may be required.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Demonstrated critical ability to function as a strong team leader, motivator, coach/mentor and team member within a complex multidisciplinary setting.
- Demonstrates a high level of clinical and performance management acumen.
- Demonstrated ability to continuously communicate effectively and strategically with colleagues, physicians and health care staff, both one-on-one and in groups.
- Demonstrated ability to provide clinical and administrative supervision and consultation.
- Utilizes strong critical thinking and problem solving skills when making decisions, resolving issues/conflict.
- Demonstrated listening and information seeking skills that promote open and direct communication and lead to a cooperative approach to problem solving.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, set priorities, organize work and meet deadlines.
- Comprehensive knowledge of various health care disciplines and their role within health care.
- Demonstrated strong facilitation and team building skills and ability work both independently and collaboratively.
- Demonstrated ability to model and foster a positive, collaborative and respectful team working environment.
- Demonstrated strong ability to manage and deal effectively with, and guide others in, the resolution of conflict issues.
- Demonstrated ability to adjust to new or unexpected events.
- Demonstrated systems analysis capability.
- Ability to maintain a high level of professional confidentiality.
- Demonstrated knowledge of basic research principles and practices.
- Demonstrated ability to operate related equipment.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Demonstrated skill in CPR techniques and Advanced Cardiac Life Support techniques.
- Advanced computer literacy to operate a computerized client care information system, bed management technology and word processing, spreadsheet, databases, Internet and e-mail software.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes.
As per the current Public Health Orders (Long Term Care/Seniors Assisted Living Provincial Health Officer Order and the Health Sector Order), as of October 26, 2021, all employees working for Vancouver Coastal Health must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Proof of vaccination status will be required.
WHY JOIN VANCOUVER COASTAL HEALTH?
VCH is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents. At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. We invite you to join us in creating healthy lives in healthy communities by showcasing our passion for care, connection to the communities we serve and our culture of teamwork that makes VCH a great place to work.
- Comprehensive health benefits package, including MSP, extended health and dental and municipal pension plan
- Grow your career with employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
- Wellness supports, including counselling, critical incident and innovative wellness services are available to employees and their immediate families
- Award-winning recognition programs to honour staff, medical staff and volunteers
- Access to exclusive discount offers and deals for VCH staff
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are essential to our goals of creating a great place to work and delivering exceptional care. We acknowledge and accommodate unique differences and ensure special measures are in place so that all prospective and current employees are given an opportunity to succeed.
We are committed to building a representative workforce and encourage applications reflecting diversity of sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, racialization or ancestry, disability, political belief, religion, marital or family status, age, and/or status as a First Nation, Metis, Inuit, or Indigenous person.
Vancouver Coastal Health is proud to be recognized as one of Canada's Top 100 Employers in 2022.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.