|Job Title: ||Physiotherapist 2 - Home Health|
|Work Site: ||Home Health, Pacific Spirit Community Health Centre - Vancouver, BC|
|Status: ||Regular Full Time |
|Start Date: ||As soon as possible|
|Salary: ||$37.24 - $46.39 per hour|
Days off: Saturday, Sunday, and statutory holidays
Come work as a Physiotherapist with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH). Apply today to join our team!
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Physiotherapist to join the Home Health team working out of the Pacific Spirit Community Health Centre in Vancouver, BC. Apply today to join our team!
As a Physiotherapist you will:
- Work without general supervisor to plan, deliver, evaluate and provide care coordination to address the needs of clients and families experiencing physical impairment and acute/chronic disease within community, ambulatory and institutional settings.
- Collaborate with family members or significant others, inter-disciplinary team members, educational resources and other health care professionals/providers to address the client’s functional/physical/social/cognitive/perceptual/environmental needs to maximize capabilities, community participation, recovery from, or adaptation to, illness/impairment and achieve excellence in health services and education.
- Contribute to the organization and the delivery of physiotherapy services by participating in program quality assurance initiatives, meetings, research and education.
The Patient Population
As a Home Health Physiotherapist in Vancouver, you will support a diverse population of adult and older adult clients who have acute episodic or chronic conditions with musculo-skeletal, cardio-respiratory, neurological and/or other needs, including palliative care needs.
The Nature of Your Work
- You will provide community-based physiotherapy services to enable clients to achieve and maintain optimal health outcomes by:
- performing assessments
- establishing client-centered treatment plan, developing and implementing an intervention strategy, evaluating the effectiveness of the plan at regular intervals
- The goal is to promote client self-management in order to maintain/improve client’s physical performance, function and participation in daily activities so clients can remain in their chosen homes as long as possible.
- You will partner with clients/caregivers and a diverse interdisciplinary team, as well as other VCH teams and external care providers in the course of your work.
Education & Experience
- Degree in physiotherapy or rehabilitation medicine.
- Current full registration with the College of Physical Therapists of BC (CPTBC).
- Eligible for membership in the Physiotherapy Association of British Columbia (PABC).
- As required, valid BC Driver’s License. Local travel requires the use of a personal vehicle.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Basic knowledge of evidence-based clinical practice related to designated program/area.
- Basic knowledge of physiotherapy standardized tests and measures.
- Broad knowledge of physiotherapy theory and practice within a client and family centred model of care.
- Basic knowledge of research process and methodology.
- Broad knowledge of other health care disciplines and their role in client care.
- Demonstrated ability to function as an effective team member.
- Demonstrated ability to teach and empower clients to assume control over their health.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with co-workers and clients both one-on-one and in groups.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in collaboration with others.
- Demonstrated ability to provide effective consultation.
- Demonstrated ability to establish workload priorities in collaboration with others in a complex health care environment.
- Demonstrated ability to recognize when referral to another health care professional is required.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Skill in the use of equipment and in the techniques appropriate to physiotherapy treatment.
- Basic computer literacy
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes. Successful applicants may be required to complete a Criminal Records Review Check.
As per the current Public Health Orders (Long Term Care/Seniors Assisted Living Provincial Health Officer Order and the Health Sector Order), as of October 26, 2021, all employees working for Vancouver Coastal Health must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Proof of vaccination status will be required.
WHY JOIN VANCOUVER COASTAL HEALTH?
VCH is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents. At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. We invite you to join us in creating healthy lives in healthy communities by showcasing our passion for care, connection to the communities we serve and our culture of teamwork that makes VCH a great place to work.
- Comprehensive health benefits package, including MSP, extended health and dental and municipal pension plan
- Grow your career with employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
- Wellness supports, including counselling, critical incident and innovative wellness services are available to employees and their immediate families
- Award-winning recognition programs to honour staff, medical staff and volunteers
- Access to exclusive discount offers and deals for VCH staff
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are essential to our goals of creating a great place to work and delivering exceptional care. We acknowledge and accommodate unique differences and ensure special measures are in place so that all prospective and current employees are given an opportunity to succeed.
We are committed to building a representative workforce and encourage applications reflecting diversity of sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, racialization or ancestry, disability, political belief, religion, marital or family status, age, and/or status as a First Nation, Metis, Inuit, or Indigenous person.
Vancouver Coastal Health is proud to be recognized as one of Canada's Top 100 Employers in 2022.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.