|Job Title: ||Social Worker 2|
|Work Site: ||ED iCare/QRT - Personalized Support and Stabilization plus team (PSS+) , Central Community Health Centre - North Vancouver, BC|
|Status: ||Temporary Full Time|
|Start Date: ||As soon as possible until June 2023|
|Salary: ||$36.99 - $46.27 per hour|
Days off: Saturday, Sunday, and statutory holidays
Come work as a Social Worker with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Social Worker to join the PSS+ team in North Vancouver, BC. Apply today to join our team!
The Personalized Support and Stabilization plus team is a community rapid response team that supports medically complex and frail adult populations for up to 8 weeks post hospital discharge. The team enables safe and timely hospital transitions and works with clients to maintain and improve functionality and independence once home.
As a Social Worker 2 with VCH you will:
- Provide clinical and consultative social work services to individuals with chronic health and mental health issues, poverty and victims of violence.
- Perform professional social work services such as conducting comprehensive social and psychosocial assessments, preparing comprehensive case histories, providing psycho-education and interventions, establishing, maintaining and enhancing therapeutic relationships, evaluating clients’ response to treatment plan, and coordinating individualized goal-oriented treatment.
- Develop and enhance community communications/relationships, provide consultation services, engage in on-going team planning, development, evaluation and quality improvement activities to achieve excellence in client care.
- May act as a Designated Responder under the Adult Guardianship Act.
Education & Experience
- Current full registration with the British Columbia College of Social Workers.
- Master’s degree in Social Work from an accredited university.
- Two (2) years’ recent related experience working with individuals with mental health issues in a health care setting or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Valid BC Driver’s License and access to a personal vehicle for business-related purposes.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and collaboratively as a member of a multidisciplinary team.
- Comprehensive knowledge and demonstrated ability to apply case management principles.
- Broad knowledge of case management and practice within a client and family centred care model for clients with complex health care needs.
- Broad knowledge of mental illness issues and care.
- Broad knowledge of psychotherapeutic, counseling skills and clinical practice models.
- Broad knowledge of psychopharmacology (indications and side effects).
- Broad knowledge of other health disciplines and their role in healthcare.
- Broad knowledge of legislation and government policies and procedures that relate to the client.
- Demonstrated ability to apply systems theory to practice in Social Work assessment and intervention.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct social and psychosocial assessments.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and influence group and inter-group processes, decision-making and problem solving.
- Demonstrated ability to establish rapport with clients and families in order to explore issues that are beyond the initial presented concerns.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with clients and their families, colleagues, physicians, and other health care staff.
- Demonstrated listening and information seeking skills that promotes communication and lead to a co-operative approach to problem solving within a multidisciplinary setting.
- Demonstrated ability to establish workload priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to teach, demonstrate and coach clients and co-workers both one-on-one and in groups
- Demonstrated ability to work with a culturally diverse population.
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve.
- Demonstrated ability to adjust to new or unexpected events.
- Demonstrated ability to deal effectively with conflict situations.
- Skilled in the use of equipment, and in the techniques appropriate for treatment.
- Ability to operate related equipment including applicable software applications.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes.
As per the current Public Health Orders (Long Term Care/Seniors Assisted Living Provincial Health Officer Order and the Health Sector Order), as of October 26, 2021, all employees working for Vancouver Coastal Health must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Proof of vaccination status will be required.
WHY JOIN VANCOUVER COASTAL HEALTH?
VCH is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents. At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. We invite you to join us in creating healthy lives in healthy communities by showcasing our passion for care, connection to the communities we serve and our culture of teamwork that makes VCH a great place to work.
- Comprehensive health benefits package, including MSP, extended health and dental and municipal pension plan
- Grow your career with employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
- Wellness supports, including counselling, critical incident and innovative wellness services are available to employees and their immediate families
- Award-winning recognition programs to honour staff, medical staff and volunteers
- Access to exclusive discount offers and deals for VCH staff
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are essential to our goals of creating a great place to work and delivering exceptional care. We acknowledge and accommodate unique differences and ensure special measures are in place so that all prospective and current employees are given an opportunity to succeed.
We are committed to building a representative workforce and encourage applications reflecting diversity of sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, racialization or ancestry, disability, political belief, religion, marital or family status, age, and/or status as a First Nation, Metis, Inuit, or Indigenous person.
Vancouver Coastal Health is proud to be recognized as one of Canada's Top 100 Employers in 2022.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.