|Job Title: |
Senior Manager, CST Implementation
|Work Site: |
CST - 590 W. 8th
Some travel may be required
Regular Full Time
As soon as possible
Days off: Saturday, Sunday, Statutory holidays, shifts may include 24hr support, some weekends and on call rotations
|Salary: ||$52.11 - $74.90 per hour|
Come work as a Senior Manager, CST Implementation with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Senior Manager to join the CST Project Implementation team. Apply today to join our team!
Reporting to the Director, CST Implementation & SustSainment, the Senior Manager, CST Implementation will co-lead with the local operational leader for their assigned CST Implementation and execute the enterprise wide implementation approach across multiple groups/ sites by engaging clinical leaders and stakeholders, ensuring successful implementation and adoption in a manner that maximizes the opportunities for clinical and system transformation and the associated improvements on patient outcomes. Working collaboratively with CST and local site health organization leaders, the Senior Manager applies the enterprise wide implementation approach for the seamless rollout of clinical content, clinical workflow processes and the clinical information system in each clinical setting in a manner that minimizes disruption to patient care delivery, meets the specific requirements of the clinical setting, and maximizes adoption by clinicians. This role will ensure implementation activities are within scope and budget and are coordinated across all sites as per the timelines and sequence outlined in the Road map. They will ensure seamless coordination of activities within their assigned setting, including those related to clinical content, clinical and system workflows, change management, education, technical infrastructure, clinical implementation, devices, health information management, data quality, command centres, communications, human resources, data legacy, data analytics, reports distribution, and integration requirements and facilitate teams to deliver their services in an integrated and seamless manner. The Senior Manager is accountable to engage both health organization leaders and local stakeholders in developing the approach and ensuring effective clinical and technical resources and support are available throughout implementation and the initial stabilization period. Support development of an enterprise sustainment strategy in partnership with the HOs to ensure associated project plans are implemented that includes ongoing support for clinicians, an approach for continuously improving the clinical information system to foster further clinical and system transformation, and the approach for transitioning project services into organizational structures that include clinical and technical requirements and the associated resourcing and support structures. Supports the HO’s in the development of their respective CST sustainment strategies and operationalization/localization of implementation strategies to ensure readiness and promote adoption. Successful implementation will leave a powerful legacy for future generations: a learning culture, supported by sound clinical processes and a robust clinical information system that will empower health professionals to continuously improve the quality, safety and consistency of patient care.
About the The Clinical & Systems Transformation (CST) Project
The Clinical & Systems Transformation (CST) Project is one of the largest health care projects in British Columbia's history. It is a joint undertaking between Vancouver Coastal Health, the Provincial Health Services Authority and Providence Health Care to complete a significant transformation of clinical practices and systems. This is an exciting initiative that will deliver key benefits for our patients, health care providers and health organizations.
As a Senior Manager, CST Implementation with Vancouver Coastal Health you will:
- Lead CST and local health organization leaders in the planning and execution of the implementation plan and the initial stabilization activities within the local site and in communicating the vision for the project including the associated clinical and system activities that will foster transformation.
- Partner and work closely with the local site lead to ensure a coordinated approach to implementation is applied in a manner that minimizes disruption to patient care and care delivery and maximizes the adoption of clinical and system transformation, thereby optimizing improvements in patient outcomes.
- Ensure the enterprise implementation approach is translated into a site specific implementation plan that provides direction for implementation of the clinical and systems transformation into a particular clinical setting in a manner that minimizes disruption to patient care delivery, maximizes adoption by clinicians, and maximizes the success of all CST and HO teams in contributing seamlessly to improving the quality of patient care outcomes.
- Use the enterprise-wide approach as a guide to ensure that all activities related to preparation, implementation, and immediate stabilization can be delivered in an integrated manner by the various teams and supports the ability of each team to implement their accountabilities within a seamless structure.
- Participate in regular reviews of the Enterprise Implementation Approach and the CST Roadmap, and contributes feedback and input to ensure that the issues and successes of each implementation are reflected in the Enterprise Implementation approach, supporting continuous improvement.
- Ensure regular and ad hoc status reports and presentation for various project stakeholders.
- Ensure the management of the respective team risk, issues, actions and change requests. Identifies areas of risk, ensures mitigation strategies are in place, and monitors risk through the life cycle of the project.
- Identify risks and analyze potential impact to the project, escalates issues as required and ensures plan activated within existing resources and operational demands.
- Develop, manage and maintain effective working relationships with key strategic clients, organizational leaders, and staff at all levels of the organization to understand needs, coordinate resource requirements and ensure client satisfaction to support timely decision making.
- Establish and foster effective relationships across the CST and HO’s stakeholders to maintain sponsorship support for the approach to implementation, keeps relevant stakeholders aware of project status, and creates partnerships and opportunities for development.
- Supervise, lead and performance, manage designated staff using effective management techniques such as coaching, mentoring, and skill development.
- Collaborate on opportunities to improve and sustain service and quality throughout CST.
- Be accountable for the CST Implementation budget management and stewardship.
- Assess and address operational resource impacts/needs across all phases of the project.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Education & Experience
- Master’s degree in Health Administration, Business (MBA), Information Management or a related discipline.
- Seven (7) years’ experience in a complex clinical applications environment including a minimum of five (5) years’ leadership experience in managing large, cross-functional teams and/or projects or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Experience in managing the implementation of large scale clinical transformation supported by a clinical information system across multiple health care settings a strong asset. CST Cerner and Informatics experience preferred.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Strong leader with demonstrated ability to develop a strong plan with key deliverables and outcomes.
- Demonstrated experience in engaging senior and front line leaders to sustain a large-scale clinical transformation and supporting clinical information systems across multiple health care settings.
- Demonstrated strong expertise and experience with project management across multiple, large, cross-functional teams or projects.
- Displays comprehensive knowledge of project management principles and methodologies (including documentation requirements) and ability to coach team members on these skills.
- Demonstrable skills organizing work and people to meet project scope and objectives.
- Works independently and effectively under time pressure to meet deadlines, balance work priorities and resolve problems in a timely manner.
- Demonstrated expertise in change management within a complex, multi-team or multi-site implementation.
- Driven to provide the highest quality product, even when faced with significant constraints.
- Builds mutually beneficial partnerships; trusts the expertise of others.
- Takes initiative, breaks down barriers and finds creative solutions; accepts accountability for achieving results.
- Innate optimism, resiliency and courage, coupled with a knack for solving the toughest problems
- Inspires a shared vision and aligns performance goals and objectives for team and individuals to ensure alignment with strategy while maintaining group cohesiveness, motivation, commitment and effectiveness.
- Demonstrates strong leadership, supervision and management of teams, fostering a respectful, motivating and supportive environment.
- Utilizes initiative, vision, independent thinking and creative problem-solving abilities to implement project plans and realize project completion.
- Applies superior conflict management skills and expertise to persuade and negotiate effective resolution of issues/disputes.
- Establishes and fosters collaboration and effective working relationships with stakeholders that promote cooperative goals and contribute to an atmosphere of trust and mutual respect.
- Uses sound business acumen to manage the fiscal resources of assigned projects/services in a manner that is financially responsible and consistent with overall goals of the organization.
- Strong facilitation and communication skills including written, oral, and presentation.
- Maintains a thorough understanding of available resources for projects and applicable stakeholder groups; provides feedback and detailed analysis on project processes and makes recommendations as required.
- Demonstrated commitment to on-going learning and professional development.
- Employs excellent verbal and written communication skills to effectively present information to relevant stakeholders at all levels of the organization.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the job.
As per the current Public Health Orders (Long Term Care/Seniors Assisted Living Provincial Health Officer Order and the Health Sector Order), as of October 26, 2021, all employees working for Vancouver Coastal Health must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Proof of vaccination status will be required.
WHY JOIN VANCOUVER COASTAL HEALTH?
VCH is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents. At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. We invite you to join us in creating healthy lives in healthy communities by showcasing our passion for care, connection to the communities we serve and our culture of teamwork that makes VCH a great place to work.
- Comprehensive health benefits package, including MSP, extended health and dental and municipal pension plan
- Grow your career with employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
- Wellness supports, including counselling, critical incident and innovative wellness services are available to employees and their immediate families
- Award-winning recognition programs to honour staff, medical staff and volunteers
- Access to exclusive discount offers and deals for VCH staff
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are essential to our goals of creating a great place to work and delivering exceptional care. We acknowledge and accommodate unique differences and ensure special measures are in place so that all prospective and current employees are given an opportunity to succeed.
We are committed to building a representative workforce and encourage applications reflecting diversity of sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, racialization or ancestry, disability, political belief, religion, marital or family status, age, and/or status as a First Nation, Metis, Inuit, or Indigenous person.
Vancouver Coastal Health is proud to be recognized as one of Canada's Top 100 Employers in 2022.
Please note that a resume is required to apply to this posting.
Hours of Work may vary due to project requirements.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.