|Job Title: ||ReAct Adult Protection Program Manager|
|Work Site: ||West Vancouver Community Health Centre|
Regular Full Time
As soon as possible
Days off: Saturday, Sunday, Statutory Holidays
|Salary: ||$39.77 - $57.17 per hour|
Come work as a ReAct Adult Protection program Manager with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!
Reporting to the Director, ReAct Adult Protection Programresponsible and accountable for providing leadership in the management of clinical and operational risk concerning patient care quality complaints and statutory compliance. Represents Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) when working with legal counsel and other external agencies when investigating and managing reports involving patients/clients and identifying and resolving other risk management issues specifically related to statutory compliance. Supervises members of the ReAct team and assigned administrative staff, as required. Collaborates with regional Client Relations and Risk Management Adult Protection Leads (APL) and Designated Responders/Coordinators (DR/DRC) by working to ensure overall consistency and standardization of processes and systems pertaining to ReAct. Client Relations, Risk Management and statutory compliance. Provides leadership and support to senior VCH leaders, physicians and staff in ensuring that quality improvement strategies and processes are applied to the management of client relations, risk management and statutory compliance issues.
As a ReAct Adult Protection Program Manager with Vancouver Coastal Health you will:
- Minimize risk exposure through the proactive prevention, identification and management of events which may lead to harm or related exposure for the organization. Supports Operations to identify and onboard responders to ensure capacity of response. Monitors and supports responders with compliance with applicable legislative and statutory policies.
- Develop effective systems, methods and supports to enable optimal management of administrative, operational and clinical risk and statutory compliance including the application of quality improvement strategies and processes. Consults with the internal and external stakeholders on the use of intrusive tools and/or application of the legislative framework. Implements client relations and/or statutory compliance practices across VCH.
- Provide clinical evaluation of incapacity assessments for Statutory Property Guardianship, Adult Guardianship and related court applications. Audits incapacity assessments and consent procedures for the applicable statutes and ensures notification of patient/client’s rights are given and legislated requirements are met in all AGA interventions. Reviews patient/client health records for redactions on AGA ROI requests.
- Consult with the various management teams regarding prevention and/or proposed remedial or follow up actions in response to patient/client complaints, statutory non-compliance or related situations. Liaises with Director and Legal Services when preparing for court applications.
- Collaborate with Legal Services and Operational Leaders by interpreting legal and other regulatory obligations and responsibilities in the context of applicable legislation, regulations, common law and other changing standards and advises on implementation at the operational/policy level.
- Work with Professional Practice on documentation standards and the application of legislation supporting and consulting Adult Protection Leads (APL) and Designated Responders/Coordinators (DR/DRC) including the monitoring of legislated tools such as Support and Assistance Plans and Emergency Assistance.
- Establish financial and workforce plans within operational demands and environmental constraints and provides overall leadership and direction to project and team members.
- Develop, implement and present advanced education on a wide variety of topics related to BC legislation, incapability assessments, and regulatory compliance to a wide variety of stakeholders. Including effective performance management processes in an interdisciplinary and multi-site environment.
- Supervise ReAct team and administrative staff as assigned.
- Participate on local and Regional AGA Coordinating Committees, as required.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Education & Experience
- Master’s Degree in Social Work, Health Administration or related discipline
- Five (5) to seven (7) years’ recent, related experience in progressively senior leadership roles leading client relations, statutory compliance and other risk and issues management activities, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Knowledge & Abilities:
- Effectively and proactively coordinates strategies, systems, and processes to reduce risk, minimize and manage client complaints and support statutory compliance, and collaborates with others to improve quality, safety, and statutory compliance for VCH.
- Expertly applies technical and analytical expertise to assess and support risk and situation management activities, and to establish and implement risk management and quality improvement strategies to support the organization.
- Superior communication skills and ability to assist leaders, staff and complainants to resolve complaints.
- Applies superior judgment and political expertise to communicate sensitive information, and effectively persuade and negotiate with a variety of internal and external stakeholders
- Expertly interprets and implements legal and other regulatory obligations and responsibilities of VCH in the context of relevant legislation, regulations, common law and other changing standards.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
As per the current Public Health Orders (Long Term Care/Seniors Assisted Living Provincial Health Officer Order and the Health Sector Order), as of October 26, 2021, all employees working for Vancouver Coastal Health must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Proof of vaccination status will be required.
WHY JOIN VANCOUVER COASTAL HEALTH?
VCH is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents. At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. We invite you to join us in creating healthy lives in healthy communities by showcasing our passion for care, connection to the communities we serve and our culture of teamwork that makes VCH a great place to work.
- Comprehensive health benefits package, including MSP, extended health and dental and municipal pension plan
- Grow your career with employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
- Wellness supports, including counselling, critical incident and innovative wellness services are available to employees and their immediate families
- Award-winning recognition programs to honour staff, medical staff and volunteers
- Access to exclusive discount offers and deals for VCH staff
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are essential to our goals of creating a great place to work and delivering exceptional care. We acknowledge and accommodate unique differences and ensure special measures are in place so that all prospective and current employees are given an opportunity to succeed.
We are committed to building a representative workforce and encourage applications reflecting diversity of sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, racialization or ancestry, disability, political belief, religion, marital or family status, age, and/or status as a First Nation, Metis, Inuit, or Indigenous person.
Vancouver Coastal Health is proud to be recognized as one of Canada's Top 100 Employers in 2022.
Please note that a resume is required to apply to this posting.
Hours of Work may vary due to project requirements.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.