|Job Title: ||Mental Health & Addiction Clinician - Outreach|
|Work Site: ||Alternate School Program, Richmond Mental Health Services - Richmond, BC|
|Status: ||Temporary Full Time|
|Start Date: ||Approximately July 2022 until August 2023|
|Salary: ||$35.65 - $44.56 per hour|
Days off: Saturday, Sunday, and statutory holidays
Come work as a Mental Health and Addiction Clinician with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Clinician with a Master's Degree to join the Mental Health team in Richmond, BC. Apply today to join our team!
As a Mental Health and Addiction Clinician, you will:
- Provide treatment and case management services that are both inclusionary and flexible for individuals with mental illness and concurrent disorders (i.e. addictions) to meet the needs of the client and to provide integration and continuity across the care continuum.
- Establish and maintain relationships with and consults with clients, their families and colleagues to provide appropriate treatment services based on best practices and client need.
- Perform key duties such as, intake, mental health assessment, treatment planning, crisis intervention, consultation, and individual counseling and group therapy to facilitate and coordinate client access to services.
- Support multi/interdisciplinary team to provide quality client care by providing information based on specialized theory/practice and/or participating in direct client and family as appropriate.
Education & Experience
- Master’s degree in Social Work, Psychology, Education or Behavioural Sciences and three (3) years’ recent related experience working with the designated client population, providing treatment services to individuals with mental health issues or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Valid BC Drivers License. Local area travel requires the use of a personal vehicle.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Broad knowledge of mental illness and treatment.
- Broad knowledge of substance abuse and addictions treatment.
- Broad knowledge of psychopharmacology (indications and side-effects).
- Broad knowledge of psychotherapeutic and counseling skills.
- Broad knowledge of other facilities and community resources.
- Broad knowledge of other health care disciplines and their role in client care.
- Broad knowledge of adult education principles, methods and tools.
- Broad knowledge of legislation and government policies and procedures that relate to client.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct assessments, and provide treatment planning and crisis intervention.
- Demonstrated ability to apply knowledge of theory and practice to a case management process.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with clients and their families, colleagues, physician, and other health care staff, both one-on-one and in groups.
- Demonstrated listening and information seeking skills that promotes communication and lead to a co-operative approach to problem solving within a multi/interdisciplinary setting.
- Demonstrated ability to establish workload priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and collaboratively as a member of a multi/interdisciplinary team.
- Demonstrated ability to work with individuals with diverse backgrounds.
- Demonstrated ability to adjust to new or unexpected events, problem solve and set priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to deal effectively with conflict situations.
- Demonstrated ability to provide consultation, leadership and work direction.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Basic computer literacy to operate a computerized patient care information system.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes. Successful applicants may be required to complete a Criminal Records Review Check.
As per the current Public Health Orders (Long Term Care/Seniors Assisted Living Provincial Health Officer Order and the Health Sector Order), as of October 26, 2021, all employees working for Vancouver Coastal Health must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Proof of vaccination status will be required.
WHY JOIN VANCOUVER COASTAL HEALTH?
VCH is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents. At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. We invite you to join us in creating healthy lives in healthy communities by showcasing our passion for care, connection to the communities we serve and our culture of teamwork that makes VCH a great place to work.
- Comprehensive health benefits package, including MSP, extended health and dental and municipal pension plan
- Grow your career with employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
- Wellness supports, including counselling, critical incident and innovative wellness services are available to employees and their immediate families
- Award-winning recognition programs to honour staff, medical staff and volunteers
- Access to exclusive discount offers and deals for VCH staff
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are essential to our goals of creating a great place to work and delivering exceptional care. We acknowledge and accommodate unique differences and ensure special measures are in place so that all prospective and current employees are given an opportunity to succeed.
We are committed to building a representative workforce and encourage applications reflecting diversity of sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, racialization or ancestry, disability, political belief, religion, marital or family status, age, and/or status as a First Nation, Metis, Inuit, or Indigenous person.
Vancouver Coastal Health is proud to be recognized as one of Canada's Top 100 Employers in 2022.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.