|Job Title: ||Regional Clerical Coordinator Medical Imaging|
|Work Site: ||Vancouver General Hospital, 12th & Oak|
Temporary Full Time
As soon as possible
Days off: Saturday, Sunday, Statutory Holidays
|Salary: ||$30.33 - $43.60 per hour|
Come work as a Regional Clerical Coordinator Medical Imaging with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!
Reporting to the Regional Director, Medical Imaging and Healthcare Technology Management, the Coordinator oversees the clerical support functions for the Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) Medical Imaging department across multiple sites in the health authority (HA). Develops and implements departmental goals and objectives for clerical areas in consultation with the Regional Director and health service delivery area (HSDA) departmental directors. Participates in workforce and long-term strategic planning of the area, manages the budget and resources, implements policies and goals and manages the clerical component of regional projects and analysis. Key partnerships are with departmental management and technical leaders, as well as corporate human resource and finance staff. Reporting directly to the Regional Clerical Coordinator are the Clerical Supervisors from each site and the Regional Transcription Supervisor.
As a Regional Clerical Coordinator Medical Imaging with Vancouver Coastal Health you will:
- Develop and executes annual goals and objectives for the area that are consistent with the strategic objectives of the department and wider VCH vision and strategic direction.
- Provide leadership and guidance to unionized staff using effective management techniques (e.g., coaching, mentoring, skill and leadership development, performance management) to support the achievement of required outcomes. Investigates work and staff issues and initiates disciplinary action up to and including terminations.
- Create an effective workforce plan to meet operational demands and environmental resource constraints.
- Assess workload and staffing requirements at the various sites across the HA and establishes job descriptions and performance expectations for the various positions.
- Plan, develop, recommend and implement ongoing workflow and systems process analysis, as well as reviews procedures, policies, and services to maximize departmental clerical and administrative efficiencies while addressing service level requirements of the technical areas. Standardizes and implements new departmental policies and procedures.
- Prioritize workload by monitoring clerical work assignments and adjusting to meet department needs. Reviews vacancies and leave requests to determine necessity of replacement staff of the reassignment of duties. Oversees the staff scheduling function for the clerical and administrative area to authorize the filling of vacancies and ensure that call-in procedures are followed. Consult with Technical Leaders to resolve clerical workload issues.
- Participate in annual department budgeting process by identifying clerical and administrative support requirements and providing input into the overall department budget. Manages the clerical budget by overseeing expenditures and reporting on variances.
- Develop and implement systems and mechanisms to monitor the effectiveness of clerical area and recommends improvements.
Education & Experience
- Degree in Business Administration or diploma
- Three (3) to five (5) years’ recent, related experience including leadership and supervisory experience in a large complex healthcare environment or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Utilizes sound business acumen to manage the fiscal resources of assigned area in a manner that is fiscally responsible and consistent with the overall goals of the organization.
- Demonstrated leadership, supervisory and coordination skills, including ability to performance manage, inspire and direct teams as well as engage and involve stakeholders in the planning and implementation processes.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with stakeholders at all levels of the organization.
- Collaborates to develop and monitor program budget, monitors expenditures, provides feedback and analysis on variances and makes recommendations for corrective remedial action.
- Demonstrated analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Works independently and effectively under time pressure to meet deadlines, balance work priorities and resolve problems in a timely manner.
- Intermediate to advanced skills using a variety of computerized office software applications and familiarity with Radiology Information Systems.
- Employs the ability to handle confidential and sensitive information with skill, tact and diplomacy.
As per the current Public Health Orders (Long Term Care/Seniors Assisted Living Provincial Health Officer Order and the Health Sector Order), as of October 26, 2021, all employees working for Vancouver Coastal Health must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Proof of vaccination status will be required.
WHY JOIN VANCOUVER COASTAL HEALTH?
VCH is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents. At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. We invite you to join us in creating healthy lives in healthy communities by showcasing our passion for care, connection to the communities we serve and our culture of teamwork that makes VCH a great place to work.
- Comprehensive health benefits package, including MSP, extended health and dental and municipal pension plan
- Grow your career with employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
- Wellness supports, including counselling, critical incident and innovative wellness services are available to employees and their immediate families
- Award-winning recognition programs to honour staff, medical staff and volunteers
- Access to exclusive discount offers and deals for VCH staff
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are essential to our goals of creating a great place to work and delivering exceptional care. We acknowledge and accommodate unique differences and ensure special measures are in place so that all prospective and current employees are given an opportunity to succeed.
We are committed to building a representative workforce and encourage applications reflecting diversity of sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, racialization or ancestry, disability, political belief, religion, marital or family status, age, and/or status as a First Nation, Metis, Inuit, or Indigenous person.
Vancouver Coastal Health is proud to be recognized as one of Canada's Top 100 Employers in 2022.
Please note that a resume is required to apply to this posting.
Hours of Work may vary due to project requirements.
Please note this is a temporary position until approximately January 2024.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.