|Job Title: ||Clinical Supervisor 5 - Child & Youth - Mental Health & Substance Use|
Eating Disorders, Transitions - Richmond, BC
Youth Mental Health & Substance Use, Richmond Mental Health Services - Richmond, BC
|Status: ||Regular Full Time |
|Start Date: ||As soon as possible|
|Salary: ||$41.37 - $51.72 per hour|
Days off: Saturday, Sunday, and statutory holidays
Come work as a Clinical Supervisor with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Clinical Supervisor to join the Richmond Mental Health & Substance Use / Eating Disorders team in Richmond, BC. Apply today to join our team!
* Kindly include a cover letter with your application *
As a Clinical Supervisor 5 you will:
- Supervise at least one (1) other Health Sciences Professional and a total staff of more than eight (8) up to and including sixteen (16) FTEs and be responsible to provide expert clinical supervision and consultation at an advanced specialist level to staff in providing quality Child and Child Mental Health and Substance Use Care.
- Enable interdisciplinary standards of care; review client/family needs and/or progress and provide clinical advice and guidance in the management of a client/client group, adoption and/or modification of professional standards and quality practice and effectiveness of service delivery.
- Participate in staff development in group facilitation, client care planning, case conferencing, treatment approaches and prevention strategies; provide clinical direction in the implementation of mental health treatment plans, early intervention programs, mental health promotion strategies and community involvement approaches.
- Develop in-service education and participate in the training and orientation of new staff.
- Consult with local and regional health care professionals to develop guidelines for interdisciplinary care planning and case conferencing.
- Identify new areas of service delivery and supports/promotes integrated service delivery.
Education & Experience
- Master’s degree in a behavioural science from a recognized program.
- Five (5) years’ experience advanced clinical supervision in child and youth mental health and substance use including one to one and group therapy with a concurrent disorders youth population and 3 years’ experience developing/implementing best practice protocols and practice guidelines or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Valid B.C. driver's license. Local area travel requires the use of a personal vehicle for which mileage reimbursement will be paid.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Demonstrated knowledge of maternal child health, early childhood development, child and adolescent mental health and psychiatric diagnostic manual and standards of practice.
- Demonstrated ability to provide supervision, leadership, work direction and guidance, facilitate staff professional development, change and perform needs assessments.
- Demonstrated knowledge of harm reduction practices with youth as well as transtheoretical model of change related to substance use.
- Demonstrated knowledge of culturally safe and trauma informed practices.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Demonstrated knowledge of facilitation, mediation, and conflict resolution techniques, and demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated case management, teaching/training, clinical support and consultation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain collaborative working relationships, with a commitment to the development of a client-centered integrated community-based service delivery program and community involvement approach.
- Ability to carry out the physical demands of the job.
- Basic computer literacy.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes. Successful applicants may be required to complete a Criminal Records Review Check.
As per the current Public Health Orders (Long Term Care/Seniors Assisted Living Provincial Health Officer Order and the Health Sector Order), as of October 26, 2021, all employees working for Vancouver Coastal Health must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Proof of vaccination status will be required.
WHY JOIN VANCOUVER COASTAL HEALTH?
VCH is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents. At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. We invite you to join us in creating healthy lives in healthy communities by showcasing our passion for care, connection to the communities we serve and our culture of teamwork that makes VCH a great place to work.
- Comprehensive health benefits package, including MSP, extended health and dental and municipal pension plan
- Grow your career with employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
- Wellness supports, including counselling, critical incident and innovative wellness services are available to employees and their immediate families
- Award-winning recognition programs to honour staff, medical staff and volunteers
- Access to exclusive discount offers and deals for VCH staff
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are essential to our goals of creating a great place to work and delivering exceptional care. We acknowledge and accommodate unique differences and ensure special measures are in place so that all prospective and current employees are given an opportunity to succeed.
We are committed to building a representative workforce and encourage applications reflecting diversity of sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, racialization or ancestry, disability, political belief, religion, marital or family status, age, and/or status as a First Nation, Metis, Inuit, or Indigenous person.
Vancouver Coastal Health is proud to be recognized as one of Canada's Top 100 Employers in 2022.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.