|Job Title: ||Project Manager, Facilities Planning|
|Work Site: ||Richmond Hospital|
Regular Full Time
As soon as possible
Days off: Saturday, Sunday, Statutory Holidays
|Salary: ||$39.77 - $57.17 per hour|
Come work as a Project Manager, Facilities Planning with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Project Manager, Facilities Planning to join the Facility Functional Planning team. Apply today to join our team!
Reporting to the Manager, Planning and Projects or designate, the Project Manager is responsible for overseeing and supporting the planning, design and/or implementation of assigned mid-range facilities projects of moderate scope and complexity across Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH), including project planning, project management, communications, and contract management. Oversees assigned staff and provides leadership by directing work teams, contractors and consultants as needed on a project-by-project basis.
As a Project Manager, Facilities Planning with Vancouver Coastal Health you will:
- Manage the planning and implementation of facilities projects of moderate scope and complexity from the initial planning and design stages through to implementation and completion; provides support by conveying policies and priorities, directing work and ensuring issues are resolved or escalated to appropriate level(s) to meet project deliverables and timelines.
- Function as the single point of contact for assigned projects. Liaises with various internal and external stakeholders, conveys information and responds to queries, concerns, etc. with respect to project status, design and construction matters, and provides frequent clear and concise reports to Facilities and organizational leadership regarding ongoing issues, progress updates, challenges and opportunities.
- Carry out project plans according to established departmental project methodologies and systems to ensure successful and coordinated completion of project components by facilitating consensus with stakeholders. Monitors project charter, plans, budget, scope, schedule, expenditures, client satisfaction and risks, reports on variances and impacts to deliverables, and makes recommendations to departmental leadership to mitigate cost overruns, maintain adherence to allocated budgets and timelines, and ensure delivery of a successful project.
- Participate in and/or lead meetings throughout the project lifecycle; seeks input from stakeholders (physicians, staff, Infection Control, Housekeeping, external users, etc.) during all stages of the project. Attends and/or leads construction meetings to manage issues, problems, and schedules, and to direct activities as required, ensures the health authority’s interests are represented in resolution of problems, and ensures meeting outcomes and decisions are accurately documented and follow-up actions are completed in a timely manner.
- Coordinate and develop project business plans for assigned projects through conducting feasibility studies, analysis and solution development, documentation of the project charter, identifying functional requirements, scope and design concepts, reviewing budgets and implementation schedules to ensure business plans are consistent with user needs and expectations.
- Support site space planning committees; develops strategies to manage site or organization wide space pressures. Provides recommendations on options to improve the operation, efficiency and effectiveness of impacted business units.
- Manage planning, design and contract preparation by liaising with clinical planners, equipment planners, design consultants and various user groups for assigned projects; reviews schematic designs, design development documents, and working drawings and specs for functionality, attainment of program/facility needs, adherence to technical standards and specifications, efficiency and cost-effectiveness of the design solution, consistency with best practices, energy & environmental sustainability, and building code compliance.
- Sign off on drawings and changes as required and within authorized limits; maintains current copies of drawings, plans, manuals, proposals, etc. for assigned projects. Files and/or archives completed project materials in accordance with departmental protocols.
- Participates in and provides input on consultant selection and project tendering; administers contracts and oversees performance to ensure that consultants and contractors complete on obligations and deliverables, and that corresponding payments are processed. Arranges for procurement of furniture and minor equipment required to implement projects.
- Liaise with Planning and Engineering Departments of municipalities in geographic areas supported by the Organizations to obtain building and other required permits for assigned projects.
- Coordinate and/or advise on potential impacts of work activities affecting site operations. Arranges scheduled shutdown of systems, power interruptions, etc. based on operational requirements. Identifies, communicates, and works with appropriate stakeholders to mitigate potential risk management issues.
- Monitor adherence to established safety, infection control and risk mitigation protocols by contractors and organizational staff during project implementation. Reports exceptions to appropriate personnel, and takes corrective action as required.
- Lead and/or facilitate operational commissioning and any project-related decanting or moves. Supports the organizational leaders in the identification and implementation of operational changes required for successful project completion.
- Provide leadership to other Facilities Planning staff, including coaching, mentoring and direct supervision on a project-by-project basis as assigned.
- Carry out responsibilities in accordance with health and safety requirements. Immediately reports unsafe situations by notifying supervisor or other appropriate personnel.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Architecture, Interior Design, Engineering, or a related field together with five (5) to seven (7) years' recent related experience managing, leading and directing facilities projects in a complex institutional environment, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Knowledge of capital project planning and implementation processes including design, construction and procurement within current standards, codes, bylaws and regulations.
- Comprehensive knowledge of project management principles and methodologies.
- Ability to interpret construction drawings and construction specifications.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage planning, design and construction projects simultaneously.
- Ability to supervise, provide direction to team members and foster a respectful and motivating environment in which individual competencies can thrive.
- Demonstrated ability to identify, plan, organize, prioritize and implement projects in a timely manner.
- Demonstrated ability to work within a dynamic project environment with changing priorities.
- Demonstrated attention to detail.
- Ability to operate related equipment including related software applications.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
As per the current Public Health Orders (Long Term Care/Seniors Assisted Living Provincial Health Officer Order and the Health Sector Order), as of October 26, 2021, all employees working for Vancouver Coastal Health must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Proof of vaccination status will be required.
WHY JOIN VANCOUVER COASTAL HEALTH?
VCH is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents. At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. We invite you to join us in creating healthy lives in healthy communities by showcasing our passion for care, connection to the communities we serve and our culture of teamwork that makes VCH a great place to work.
- Comprehensive health benefits package, including MSP, extended health and dental and municipal pension plan
- Grow your career with employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
- Wellness supports, including counselling, critical incident and innovative wellness services are available to employees and their immediate families
- Award-winning recognition programs to honour staff, medical staff and volunteers
- Access to exclusive discount offers and deals for VCH staff
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are essential to our goals of creating a great place to work and delivering exceptional care. We acknowledge and accommodate unique differences and ensure special measures are in place so that all prospective and current employees are given an opportunity to succeed.
We are committed to building a representative workforce and encourage applications reflecting diversity of sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, racialization or ancestry, disability, political belief, religion, marital or family status, age, and/or status as a First Nation, Metis, Inuit, or Indigenous person.
Vancouver Coastal Health is proud to be recognized as one of Canada's Top 100 Employers in 2022.
Please note that a resume is required to apply to this posting.
Hours of Work may vary due to project requirements.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.