|Job Title: ||Social Worker 2 - Case Manager|
|Work Site: ||Home Health, South Health Unit - Vancouver, BC|
|Status: ||Temporary Part Time (0.80 FTE)|
|Start Date: ||As soon as possible until November 2022|
|Salary: ||$36.99 - $46.27 per hour|
Days off: Saturday, Sunday, and statutory holidays
Come work as a Social Worker with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Social Worker with a Master's Degree to join its Home Health team in Vancouver, BC in a Case Management capacity. Apply today to join our team!
As a Social Worker with the Home Health Team you will:
- Provide case management services and clinical and consultative social work services to a select population of clients and families experiencing brittle support systems, family conflict, social functioning and mood and behaviour issues.
- Conduct social and psychosocial assessments, and provide individual, family and group counselling services.
- Maintain client records.
- Attend interdisciplinary clinical/case conferences.
- Provide Home and Community Care assessments.
- Identify applicable community resources for clients, and contribute to the effectiveness and development of community resources.
- Plan with clients for care and support in accordance with their health needs.
- Provide continuity of care across the continuum by liaising with team members, developing/evaluating care plans and coordinating, implementing clinical interventions, evaluating client outcomes based on client goals for care, and coordinating ongoing care and supporting transition.
- Consult, confer, and collaborate with multidisciplinary team members, physicians, educational resources and other health care professionals to achieve excellence in client-centred education and research.
ABOUT HOME HEALTH PROGRAMS:
Home Health programs provide a range of health care and support services to people living in the community who have acute, chronic, palliative or rehabilitative health care needs.
THE CLIENT POPULATION:
Home Health clients typically have on-going health issues and/or complex personal and/or social issues, requiring care planning and coordination of appropriate resources. Clients include frail elderly, younger clients with disabilities, and adults with chronic illnesses requiring supports to maintain/promote independence. South serves the southern part of the city including Fraserview, Killarney, Oakridge-Marpole and Sunset neighbourhoods.
Education & Experience
- Master’s Degree in Social Work.
- Two (2) years’ recent experience in case management working with geriatric clients and adults with chronic and acute illness or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Current full registration with the British Columbia College of Social Workers.
- Valid BC Drivers License. Local area travel requires the use of personal vehicle.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Comprehensive knowledge and demonstrated ability to apply case management principles.
- Broad knowledge of case management and practice within a client and family centred care model for clients with complex health care needs.
- Demonstrated ability to apply systems theory to practice in Social Work assessment and intervention.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct social and psychosocial assessments
- Broad knowledge of systems thinking as it relates to the social work process.
- Demonstrated ability to utilize mediation, conflict resolution and counselling skills.
- Comprehensive knowledge of evidence based practice related to care of clients needing supportive case management.
- Comprehensive knowledge of other health disciplines and their role in client care.
- Comprehensive knowledge of adult education principles, methods and tools.
- Broad knowledge of research process and methodology.
- Demonstrates ability to problem solve using sound judgement in applying critical thinking skills within safe limits of client care.
- Demonstrated ability to provide leadership and work direction.
- Demonstrated ability to teach, demonstrate, coach and facilitate clients and families.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement project action plans and accomplish objectives.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively as a member of an interdisciplinary team.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with, and deal effectively with co-workers, physicians, other health care staff, clients and their families, and staff of outside agencies.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively deal with conflict resolutions.
- Demonstrated ability to adjust to new or unexpected events.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, organize and prioritize work in collaboration with others.
- Demonstrated ability in conducting physical, mental, psychosocial/functional environmental assessments.
- Demonstrated skill in the use of supplies and materials utilized in the provision of community based care service.
- Demonstrated physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Basic computer literacy to operate a computerized client care information system.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes.
As per the current Public Health Orders (Long Term Care/Seniors Assisted Living Provincial Health Officer Order and the Health Sector Order), as of October 26, 2021, all employees working for Vancouver Coastal Health must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Proof of vaccination status will be required.
WHY JOIN VANCOUVER COASTAL HEALTH?
VCH is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents. At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. We invite you to join us in creating healthy lives in healthy communities by showcasing our passion for care, connection to the communities we serve and our culture of teamwork that makes VCH a great place to work.
- Comprehensive health benefits package, including MSP, extended health and dental and municipal pension plan
- Grow your career with employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
- Wellness supports, including counselling, critical incident and innovative wellness services are available to employees and their immediate families
- Award-winning recognition programs to honour staff, medical staff and volunteers
- Access to exclusive discount offers and deals for VCH staff
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are essential to our goals of creating a great place to work and delivering exceptional care. We acknowledge and accommodate unique differences and ensure special measures are in place so that all prospective and current employees are given an opportunity to succeed.
We are committed to building a representative workforce and encourage applications reflecting diversity of sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, racialization or ancestry, disability, political belief, religion, marital or family status, age, and/or status as a First Nation, Metis, Inuit, or Indigenous person.
Vancouver Coastal Health is proud to be recognized as one of Canada's Top 100 Employers in 2022.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.