|Job Title: ||Culture & Change Advisor|
|Work Site: ||VGH 12th & Oak|
Temporary Full Time
As soon as possible until approximately February 2023
Days off: Saturday, Sunday, Statutory Holidays
|Salary: ||$39.77 - $57.17 per hour|
Come work as a Culture & Change Advisor with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Culture & Change Advisor to join the CST Implementation team. Apply today to join our team!
Reporting to the Clinical & Systems Transformation (CST) Director, Implementation, the Change Management Advisor is responsible for creating change management strategies and implementation plans for the CST go-live at Vancouver General Hospital. You would develop communications strategies that support and encourage employee adoption and usage, whilst taking a solution finding approach to support and adapt to emerging needs. The Change Management Advisor will play a key role in ensuring the Vancouver Clinical and Systems Transformation project meets its objectives (benefit realization, value creation, ROI and the achievement of results and outcomes) on time and on budget by increasing employee adoption and usage with a focus on employees and leaders.
This person will focus on the people side of change (including changes to business processes, systems and technology, job roles and organization structures) and the process side of change (communication, stakeholder engagement and assessment, education). The Change Management Advisor will act as a coach and leader for peer mentors, frontline leaders, operations managers, senior leaders and executives in helping them fulfill the role of change sponsor.
As a Culture & Change Advisor with Vancouver Coastal Health you will:
- Identify and facilitate application of integrated change and project management best practices and ensure strong follow-up and evaluation of culture and change initiatives.
- Partner with senior leaders, project managers, communication leads and interdisciplinary teams in facilitating, designing and implementing strategic change initiatives that engage stakeholders and resources, while utilizing strategic management and key change and project management principles.
- Provide leadership in the development and implementation of strategic and operational initiatives designed to strengthen organizational and systems effectiveness through planning, implementation, integration, evaluation and ongoing monitoring to ensure successful project completion and tainment.
- Gather input and insights from stakeholders, identify needs and skills required, and make recommendations and/or decisions based on validation.
- Support staff and physician engagement for change and culture initiatives through creating strategic and tactical plans based on assessment of people, process, and system-related factors.
- Provide one-to-one and group facilitation of change and project management approaches to support leaders as they lead through change and to their teams as they transition through change.
- Undertake stakeholder assessment and change impact analysis work to inform strategies and plans.
- Facilitate learning, team building, and ideation, through delivery of just-in-time education sessions for the adoption of a common language for successful integration of change management and change leadership practices.
- Develop and coordinate the change management components of regional, multi-site or complex projects; providing expert change coaching and education.
- Monitor change management progress from inception to completion through ongoing communication with assigned team members, facilitation of planning/work sessions, problem resolution, marking of project milestones, trials, etc.
- Provide periodic updates to steering groups, project sponsors, and other stakeholders. Lead related interdisciplinary project teams and working groups and facilitates their ability to implement and evaluate changes.
- Evaluate strategic initiatives to ensure outcomes meet organizational needs and client satisfaction.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Education & Experience
- Master’s Degree in a relevant discipline such as Health Sciences, Organizational Development, Business Administration, Community Development, Sociology or Anthropology.
- Seven (7) years’ recent, related experience in project management, change management, facilitation, organizational development, stakeholder engagement and training and development of staff or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Prosci Certification preferred.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Provides senior advisory services and consultation to leaders throughout VCH utilizing strong communication skills and the ability to persuade and influence.
- Utilizes change management, project management and communication principles and best practices to develop and oversee change initiatives.
- Applies change management methodologies in the design and development of various programs, frameworks and tools.
- Applies comprehensive knowledge and skill in change management, stakeholder engagement, communication and project management as well as an understanding of health care disciplines and networking abilities to provide high level advisory.
- Maintains current knowledge of new developments, trends and research in change management, organizational behavior, communication and recommends/implements best practices accordingly.
- Applies superior judgment and political expertise to communicate sensitive information to, and collaborate with, a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
- Uses superior team building, problem solving, and conflict resolution skills to facilitate critical thinking and problem resolution.
- Fosters creativity, innovation, and systems thinking in strategic planning involving cultural shifts and large scale change initiatives.
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate workshops and meetings with multi-level and multidisciplinary staff to achieve effective outcomes.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
As per the current Public Health Orders (Long Term Care/Seniors Assisted Living Provincial Health Officer Order and the Health Sector Order), as of October 26, 2021, all employees working for Vancouver Coastal Health must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Proof of vaccination status will be required.
WHY JOIN VANCOUVER COASTAL HEALTH?
VCH is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents. At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. We invite you to join us in creating healthy lives in healthy communities by showcasing our passion for care, connection to the communities we serve and our culture of teamwork that makes VCH a great place to work.
- Comprehensive health benefits package, including MSP, extended health and dental and municipal pension plan
- Grow your career with employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
- Wellness supports, including counselling, critical incident and innovative wellness services are available to employees and their immediate families
- Award-winning recognition programs to honour staff, medical staff and volunteers
- Access to exclusive discount offers and deals for VCH staff
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are essential to our goals of creating a great place to work and delivering exceptional care. We acknowledge and accommodate unique differences and ensure special measures are in place so that all prospective and current employees are given an opportunity to succeed.
We are committed to building a representative workforce and encourage applications reflecting diversity of sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, racialization or ancestry, disability, political belief, religion, marital or family status, age, and/or status as a First Nation, Metis, Inuit, or Indigenous person.
Vancouver Coastal Health is proud to be recognized as one of Canada's Top 100 Employers in 2022.
Please note: The duration of this temporary position is until approximately February 2023.
Please note that a resume is required to apply to this posting.
Hours of Work may vary due to project requirements.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.