|Job Title: ||Senior Project Manager|
|Work Site: ||Richmond Hospital|
Regular Full Time
As soon as possible
Days off: Saturday, Sunday and Statutory Holidays
|Salary: ||$47.39 - $68.12 per hour|
Come work as a Senior Project Manager with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Senior Project Manager to join the Facility Functional Planning team. Apply today to join our team!
As a Senior Project Manager with Vancouver Coastal Health you will:
- Manage the planning and implementation of new facilities, larger renovation projects, and/or a portfolio of smaller projects from the initial planning and design stages through to implementation and completion; provides support by conveying policies and priorities, directing work and ensuring issues are resolved or escalated to appropriate level(s) to meet project deliverables and timelines.
- Establish project team structure by gathering input from stakeholders, identifying needs and skills required, directing and supervising designated staff by assigning work, orienting staff, developing and implementing appropriate staff development and retention plans and conducting performance evaluations as required.
- Establish effective communications channels to ensure stakeholders are fully engaged and aware of project status. Provides frequent clear and concise reports to Facilities and senior organizational leadership regarding ongoing issues, progress updates, challenges and opportunities.
- Carry out project plans according to established departmental project methodologies and systems to ensure successful and coordinated completion of project components by facilitating consensus with stakeholders. Monitors project charter, plans, budget, scope, schedule, expenditures, client satisfaction and risks, reports on variances and impacts to deliverables, and makes recommendations to department leadership to mitigate cost overruns, maintain adherence to allocated budgets and timelines, and ensure delivery of a successful project.
- Lead business plan development for large capital projects through the preparation of feasibility studies, analysis and solution development, development of the project charter, functional requirements, scope and design concepts, budgets and implementation planning.
- Manage strategic space and facility planning initiatives including development of site master plans, regional planning studies, capital funding strategies and asset leveraging opportunities.
- Serve as a Facilities site coordinator monitoring all planning and project activities on designated site(s), including those led by other Facilities teams, identifying areas of overlap, conflict, and coordination. Liaises with site and departmental leadership to identify, recommend and implement management strategies.
- Lead and oversee planning, design and contract preparation by engaging clinical planners, equipment planners, design consultants and various user groups for assigned projects; reviews and signs off schematic designs, design development documents, and working drawings and specs for functionality, attainment of program/facility needs, adherence to technical standards and specifications, efficiency and cost-effectiveness of the design solution, consistency with best practices, energy & environmental sustainability, and building code compliance. Leads and/or facilitates all stages of project construction and operational commissioning.
- Lead the engagement of professional consultants and contractors with support from Procurement. Manages established contracts and oversees performance to ensure that consultants and contractors complete on obligations and deliverables, negotiates changes and resolves disputes within authorized limits.
- Liaise with the Planning and Engineering Departments of various municipalities in geographic areas supported by the organization. Negotiates and establishes requirements and approvals for facilities projects such as development, building and rezoning permits, as needed.
- Establish and maintain a network of relationships and influences in order to promote site interests and issues and to influence decision making affecting project outcomes with internal groups/departments. Monitors adherence to established quality control/risk management protocols. Identifies, communicates, and works with appropriate stakeholders to mitigate potential risk management issues. Manages ongoing customer relations. Ensures the organization’s interests are represented in the resolution of problems.
- Manage the recruitment, orientation and professional development of employees through the formal assessment of training needs and development of training plans. Ensures staff are knowledgeable and fully understand their roles and responsibilities.
- Update department knowledge of current and emerging facility design and innovations through evidence-based design concepts; uses design and construction research in the development and updating of design and construction standards and guidelines. Develops and coordinates facilities planning practices principles, standards and policy through application of evidence-based best practice and LEAN principles.
- Carry out responsibilities in accordance with health and safety requirements. Immediately reports unsafe situations by notifying supervisor or other appropriate personnel.
- Perform other related duties as assigned
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture, Interior Design, Engineering or related field, supplemented with a professional designation
- Seven (7) to ten (10) years’ recent, related, progressive experience in all phases of project planning/design/construction management for a large complex multi-site organization, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Knowledge of capital project planning and implementation processes including design, construction and procurement within current standards, codes, bylaws and regulations.
- Comprehensive knowledge of project management principles and methodologies and ability to coach team members on these skills.
- Ability to interpret construction drawings and construction specifications.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage planning, design and construction projects simultaneously.
- Broad knowledge of patient care delivery systems in primary, acute and community settings.
- Understanding of available resources for projects and applicable stakeholder groups including feedback and detailed analysis on project processes.
- Ability to supervise and provide direction to team members.
- Demonstrated ability to identify, plan, organize, prioritize and implement projects in a timely manner.
- Demonstrated ability to work within a dynamic project environment with changing priorities.
- Demonstrated attention to detail.
- Ability to operate related equipment including related software applications.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
As per the current Public Health Orders (Long Term Care/Seniors Assisted Living Provincial Health Officer Order and the Health Sector Order), as of October 26, 2021, all employees working for Vancouver Coastal Health must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Proof of vaccination status will be required.
WHY JOIN VANCOUVER COASTAL HEALTH?
VCH is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents. At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. We invite you to join us in creating healthy lives in healthy communities by showcasing our passion for care, connection to the communities we serve, and our culture of teamwork that makes VCH a great place to work.
- Comprehensive health benefits package, including MSP, extended health and dental and municipal pension plan
- Grow your career with employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
- Wellness supports, including counselling, critical incident and innovative wellness services are available to employees and their immediate families
- Award-winning recognition programs to honour staff, medical staff and volunteers
- Access to exclusive discount offers and deals for VCH staff
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are essential to our goals of creating a great place to work and delivering exceptional care. We acknowledge and accommodate unique differences and ensure special measures are in place so that all prospective and current employees are given an opportunity to succeed.
We are committed to building a representative workforce and encourage applications reflecting diversity of sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, racialization or ancestry, disability, political belief, religion, marital or family status, age, and/or status as a First Nation, Metis, Inuit, or Indigenous person.
VCH is proud to be recognized as a Best Place to Work in Canada in 2021 by Glassdoor and Forbes
Please note that a resume is required to apply to this posting.
Hours of Work may vary due to project requirements.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.