|Job Title: ||Clinical Resource Nurse (RN) - Palliative Care|
|Work Site: ||End of Life Supports, Richmond Continuing Health Services - Richmond, BC|
|Status: ||Casual |
|Start Date: ||As soon as possible|
|Salary: ||$43.09 - $52.82 per hour|
Come work as a Clinical Resource Nurse with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Clinical Resource Nurse to join the Richmond Continuing Health Services Palliative Care team in Richmond, BC. Apply today to join our team!
As a Clinical Resource Nurse with VCH you will:
- Support the philosophy, vision and mission of the Palliative Care Program and the delivery of quality consistent care in an efficient and integrated model.
- Provide staff development and support relative to palliative care services offered in Community through coaching, mentoring and leadership.
- In collaboration with the Palliative Care & Home Health team(s), act as a clinical resource to all health disciplines and team members across the health units related to palliative care.
- In addition, provide clinical education services including orientation to clinical practice, resources, and services; individual and group learning assessments; developing, implementing, and evaluating clinical education programs and resources using specialized theory and knowledge of Home Care and Palliative/Hospice services as well as adult teaching and learning theories.
Education & Experience
- Current practicing registration as a Registered Nurse with the British Columbia College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM).
- Five (5) years recent and successful experience in Palliative Care Nursing and Home Care Nursing or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience in acute and community care.
- Current CNA Certification in Palliative Care.
- Valid driver’s license and local travel requires the use of personal vehicle.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Demonstrated ability to provide clinical leadership and work direction.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in collaboration with others.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively plan, organize and prioritize work.
- Demonstrated ability to deal with or guide others in resolution of conflict.
- Demonstrated ability to use critical thinking skills in the approach to patient & client care.
- Demonstrated ability to lead change and support staff through transition.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively lead a project or initiative.
- Demonstrated ability to promote a supportive, creative learning environment and engage in continuous QI.
- Demonstrated ability in nursing related to palliative care clients and families.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and implement plans of care in relation to staff priorities.
- Ability to mentor, coach, and provide feedback.
- Ability to teach using knowledge of adult learning theories. Demonstrates ability to adjust to new or unexpected events.
- Demonstrates ability to deal with conflict situations.
- Demonstrates ability to work collaboratively as a member of an interdisciplinary team.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate orally and in writing.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with and deal effectively home care nurses, co-workers, physicians, other health care staff and staff of outside agencies.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Demonstrated skill in the use of medical equipment and supplies appropriate to the clinical area.
- Basic computer literacy to operate a computerized patient care information system.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes.
As per the current Public Health Orders (Long Term Care/Seniors Assisted Living Provincial Health Officer Order and the Health Sector Order), as of October 26, 2021, all employees working for Vancouver Coastal Health must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Proof of vaccination status will be required.
WHY JOIN VANCOUVER COASTAL HEALTH?
VCH is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents. At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. We invite you to join us in creating healthy lives in healthy communities by showcasing our passion for care, connection to the communities we serve and our culture of teamwork that makes VCH a great place to work.
- Comprehensive health benefits package, including MSP, extended health and dental and municipal pension plan
- Grow your career with employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
- Wellness supports, including counselling, critical incident and innovative wellness services are available to employees and their immediate families
- Award-winning recognition programs to honour staff, medical staff and volunteers
- Access to exclusive discount offers and deals for VCH staff
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are essential to our goals of creating a great place to work and delivering exceptional care. We acknowledge and accommodate unique differences and ensure special measures are in place so that all prospective and current employees are given an opportunity to succeed.
We are committed to building a representative workforce and encourage applications reflecting diversity of sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, racialization or ancestry, disability, political belief, religion, marital or family status, age, and/or status as a First Nation, Metis, Inuit, or Indigenous person.
Vancouver Coastal Health is proud to be recognized as one of Canada's Top 100 Employers in 2022.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.