|Job Title: ||Care Management Leader (RN)|
|Work Site: ||Care Management Leadership, Vancouver General Hospital|
|Status: ||Regular Full Time - Vacation Relief-Permanent|
|Start Date: ||As soon as possible|
|Salary: ||$43.09 - $52.82 per hour|
0800-1600 with some weekends (1 Saturday & 1 Sunday in a 24 week rotation)
Days off: Saturday, Sunday, Statutory Holidays (works 1 Sat/Sun in a 24 week rotation)
Come work as a Care Management Leader with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Registered Nurse to join the Care Management Leadership team at Vancouver General Hospital. Apply today to join our team!
As a Care Management Leader you will:
- Facilitate assigned patients’ hospitalization from admission through discharge.
- Coordinate and collaborate with the acute interprofessional team to expedite effective patient care and coordinate timely sustainable discharge plans.
- Conduct comprehensive nursing assessments and provide direction to the interprofessional team on appropriate level of care and determine sustainable, quality discharge plans.
- Intervene to address barriers, and provide leadership as needed to achieve optimal outcomes, including securing funding and approvals for services as required.
- Be accountable for the development and effectiveness of policies, procedures and standards to support effective care management and discharge planning.
- Apply the use of data in your own practice; identifying where to focus efforts, the measurement of progress towards identified outcomes, and as an educational tool to ensure that the plan of care and services provided are patient focused, high quality, efficient, and effective.
- Participate in committees, task groups, continuing education, and/or corporate initiatives.
Education & Experience
- Current practicing registration as a Registered Nurse with the BC College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM).
- Three (3) years recent, related acute care experience including (1) years’ experience in case management, discharge planning, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Comprehensive knowledge of Nursing theory and practice within a patient/family centred model of care.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the BCCNM standards for nursing practice.
- Broad knowledge of evidence based nursing practice related to various patient population groups and demonstrated ability to apply knowledge to a case management process.
- Broad knowledge of pathophysiology and pharmacology and demonstrated ability to apply knowledge to safely plan discharge.
- Board knowledge of biological and pathophysiology indicators related to severity of illness to apply medical appropriateness criteria to resource utilization and transition/discharge planning.
- Board knowledge of the illness or disease process and potential long-term complications.
- Broad knowledge of other health care disciplines and their role in patient care.
- Broad knowledge of clinical pathways, expected length of stays, resource utilization, and patient assessment.
- Broad knowledge of external agencies and community resources.
- Demonstrated ability to engage in comprehensive assessment, observation and monitoring of patients.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, organize, and prioritize work.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze situations, problem solve, deal with conflict, and negotiate resolutions in a timely manner.
- Demonstrated ability to provide leadership, work direction and consultation.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as a member of an interprofessional team.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain collaborative working relationships and communicate (orally and in writing) effectively with clients and their families, coworkers, physicians, other health care staff, and staff of external agencies.
- Demonstrated skill in CPR Techniques.
- Demonstrated computer skills including the ability to effectively use computerized client care information system.
- Demonstrated physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes.
As per the current Public Health Orders (Long Term Care/Seniors Assisted Living Provincial Health Officer Order and the Health Sector Order), as of October 26, 2021, all employees working for Vancouver Coastal Health must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Proof of vaccination status will be required.
WHY JOIN VANCOUVER COASTAL HEALTH?
VCH is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents. At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. We invite you to join us in creating healthy lives in healthy communities by showcasing our passion for care, connection to the communities we serve and our culture of teamwork that makes VCH a great place to work.
- Comprehensive health benefits package, including MSP, extended health and dental and municipal pension plan
- Grow your career with employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
- Wellness supports, including counselling, critical incident and innovative wellness services are available to employees and their immediate families
- Award-winning recognition programs to honour staff, medical staff and volunteers
- Access to exclusive discount offers and deals for VCH staff
Diversity, equity and inclusion are essential to delivering exceptional care and building a great place to work. At VCH, we value and accommodate unique differences to ensure that our staff and medical staff (both current and prospective) have the opportunity and are supported to thrive.
To build a strong and representative workforce, we are seeking candidates who will contribute to a caring and inclusive culture. We encourage applications from members of communities that are disadvantaged on any grounds under the B.C. Human Rights Code, including Indigenous Peoples, people of colour, people of all genders and sexualities and people with disabilities.
VCH is proud to be recognized as a Best Place to Work in Canada in 2021 by Glassdoor and Forbes.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.