|Job Title: ||Licensing Officer - Child Care|
|Work Site: ||Community Care Facilities Licensing, Environmental Health - Vancouver, BC|
|Status: ||Temporary Full Time |
|Start Date: ||As soon as possible until approximately September 2023|
|Salary: ||$30.82 - $38.56 per hour|
Days off: Saturday, Sunday, and statutory holidays
Come work as a Licensing Officer - Child Care with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Licensing Officer to join the Environmental Health team working primarily out of their office in Vancouver, BC. Apply today to join our team!
As a Licensing Officer - Child Care with Vancouver Coastal Health you will:
- Performs inspectional, regulatory and advisory work involving the licensing and inspection of child day care facilities in Vancouver Coastal Health.
- Inspects and assesses new and existing community care facilities and programs to ensure compliance with the Community Care and Assisted Living Act and regulations including:
- issues community care licenses;
- investigates complaints of contraventions to the Act and regulations;
- investigates reportable incidents in facilities;
- provides information, guidance and consultation to facility operators, the public and others on related matters;
- interprets, explains and ensures that applicable requirements and provisions of the act and regulations are enforced to promote the health, safety and well-being of children in care.
Education & Experience
- Certificate or Diploma in a relevant discipline supplemented with at least three (3) years of recent, related experience managing a child care program or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Valid BC Early Childhood Educator (ECE) Certificate.
- Valid BC Driver’s License is required. Local area travel requires the use of a personal vehicle.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Comprehensive knowledge of provincial acts and regulations related to child care facilities licensing.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the provision of quality care within child care facilities.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the principles and practices of quality assurance/quality improvement.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment in the inspection and assessment of child care facilities and programs.
- Ability to investigate complaints, identify infractions and violations, and make recommendations regarding corrective action.
- Ability to interpret, explain and ensure compliance with applicable requirements and provisions of applicable acts and regulations.
- Demonstrated ability to problem-solve and negotiate resolutions in a respectful manner to minimize conflict.
- Demonstrated ability to tactfully and diplomatically enforce regulatory provisions.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain collaborative working relationships with licensees, operators, government agencies, special interest groups and the public.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as a member of a team.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing to a variety of audiences.
- Demonstrated ability to prepare and present comprehensive reports and recommendations on community care licensing issues.
- Demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize work.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Demonstrated ability to use current word processing, spreadsheet and electronic mail software applications.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes. Successful applicants may be required to complete a Criminal Records Review Check.
As per the current Public Health Orders (Long Term Care/Seniors Assisted Living Provincial Health Officer Order and the Health Sector Order), as of October 26, 2021, all employees working for Vancouver Coastal Health must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Proof of vaccination status will be required.
WHY JOIN VANCOUVER COASTAL HEALTH?
VCH is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents. At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. We invite you to join us in creating healthy lives in healthy communities by showcasing our passion for care, connection to the communities we serve and our culture of teamwork that makes VCH a great place to work.
- Comprehensive health benefits package, including MSP, extended health and dental and municipal pension plan
- Grow your career with employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
- Wellness supports, including counselling, critical incident and innovative wellness services are available to employees and their immediate families
- Award-winning recognition programs to honour staff, medical staff and volunteers
- Access to exclusive discount offers and deals for VCH staff
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are essential to our goals of creating a great place to work and delivering exceptional care. We acknowledge and accommodate unique differences and ensure special measures are in place so that all prospective and current employees are given an opportunity to succeed.
We are committed to building a representative workforce and encourage applications reflecting diversity of sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, racialization or ancestry, disability, political belief, religion, marital or family status, age, and/or status as a First Nation, Metis, Inuit, or Indigenous person.
Vancouver Coastal Health is proud to be recognized as one of Canada's Top 100 Employers in 2022.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.