|Job Title: ||Mental Health & Substance Use Case Coordinator Outreach Nurse (RN/RPN)|
|Work Site: ||Adult Mental Health, Sunshine Coast Mental Health - Sechelt, BC|
|Start Date: ||As soon as possible|
|Salary: ||$36.23 - $47.58 per hour|
Days off: Rotating
Come work as a Mental Health Substance Use Case Coordinator Outreach Nurse with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Registered Nurse OR Registered Psychiatric Nurse to join the Adult Mental Health team at Sunshine Coast Mental Health in Sechelt, BC. Apply today to join our team!
As a MHSU Case Coordinator Outreach Nurse with VCH you will:
- Performs intake, triage, and outreach functions and services to individuals with serious mental health and/or substance use issues.
- Conducts mental health and physical assessments, consults, confers and collaborates with the interdisciplinary team and family members to develop, implement, evaluate and modify individualized care plans to meet clients need for integrated services and continuity of care across the continuum.
- Establishes, maintains and enhances therapeutic relationships, provides counselling support, administers prescribed medicines, monitors client response.
- Prepares and maintains client records according to established standards, participates in team meeting, engages in team planning and quality improvement activities and maintains and updates own knowledge.
ABOUT SECHELT, BC
The District Municipality of Sechelt is located on the lower Sunshine Coast of British Columbia, approximately 50 km northwest of Vancouver. It is accessible from the mainland by a 40-minute ferry trip between Horseshoe Bay and Langdale, followed by a 25-minute drive along Highway 101, also known as the Sunshine Coast Highway. This charming seaside community is known for its natural beauty and is a popular destination for outdoor activities including sightseeing, boating, diving, camping and mountain biking. There are also several municipal parks, plenty of eateries, locally owned shops, boutiques and galleries, and a golf course. Imagine a lifestyle where you are only a short walk or bike ride to work, you go home for lunch and you are home again in time for an activity or go for a hike AND watch the sunset - all before dinner. That is what Sechelt has to offer you!
Education & Experience
- Current practicing registration as a Registered Nurse or Registered Psychiatric Nurse with the British Columbia College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM).
- Diploma in Nursing or Psychiatric Nursing plus three (3) years’ recent related experience working with individuals with mental health and substance use issues or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Valid BC Driver’s license and local area travel may require the use of a vehicle, as required.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Demonstrated knowledge of the principles and practices of a client and family centered recovery model in mental illness.
- Demonstrated knowledge of BCCNM standards for nursing/psychiatric nursing practice.
- Demonstrated knowledge of mental health illness, substance use, concurrent disorders and treatment.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Psychosocial Rehabilitation methodology and psychopharmacology (indications and side-effects).
- Demonstrated knowledge of the Mental Health Act as it applies to the rights and obligations of clients and staff.
- Demonstrated knowledge of community, social and mental health resources.
- Demonstrated knowledge of adult education principles, methods and tools.
- Demonstrated knowledge of trauma-informed care.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct mental health assessments, and provide treatment planning and crisis intervention.
- Demonstrated ability to apply knowledge of theory and practice to a case management process.
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and collaboratively as a member of an interdisciplinary team.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing with clients, families, team members, other groups and community agency personnel.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and co-lead group sessions.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and implement care plans.
- Demonstrated ability to assess client responses to care, and to respond appropriately.
- Demonstrated ability to adjust to unexpected events, problem-solve and set priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to participate in the development and delivery of educational programs and materials for clients and families based on education theories, principles and best practices.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively as a member of an interdisciplinary team.
- Demonstrated ability to establish workload priorities.
- Demonstrated skill in clinical techniques and the use of applicable equipment and supplies.
- Demonstrated skill in CPR techniques.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Basic computer literacy to operate a computerized client care information system and word processing, spreadsheet, Internet and e-mail software.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes.
As per the current Public Health Orders (Long Term Care/Seniors Assisted Living Provincial Health Officer Order and the Health Sector Order), as of October 26, 2021, all employees working for Vancouver Coastal Health must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Proof of vaccination status will be required.
WHY JOIN VANCOUVER COASTAL HEALTH?
VCH is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents. At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. We invite you to join us in creating healthy lives in healthy communities by showcasing our passion for care, connection to the communities we serve and our culture of teamwork that makes VCH a great place to work.
- Comprehensive health benefits package, including MSP, extended health and dental and municipal pension plan
- Grow your career with employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
- Wellness supports, including counselling, critical incident and innovative wellness services are available to employees and their immediate families
- Award-winning recognition programs to honour staff, medical staff and volunteers
- Access to exclusive discount offers and deals for VCH staff
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are essential to our goals of creating a great place to work and delivering exceptional care. We acknowledge and accommodate unique differences and ensure special measures are in place so that all prospective and current employees are given an opportunity to succeed.
We are committed to building a representative workforce and encourage applications reflecting diversity of sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, racialization or ancestry, disability, political belief, religion, marital or family status, age, and/or status as a First Nation, Metis, Inuit, or Indigenous person.
Vancouver Coastal Health is proud to be recognized as one of Canada's Top 100 Employers in 2022.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.