|Job Title: ||Registered Nurse (RN) Med/Surg - General Medicine|
|Work Site: ||Acute Medicine & Telemetry, Richmond Hospital - Richmond, BC|
|Status: ||Casual |
|Start Date: ||As soon as possible|
|Salary: ||$36.23 - $47.58 per hour|
Come work as a Registered Nurse with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Registered Nurse to join the team at Richmond Hospital. Apply today to join our team!
As a Registered Nurse at VCH you will:
- Provide nursing care to assigned patients/clients working independently and as a member of an interdisciplinary care team.
- Assess, plan, implement and evaluate client care for designated general medicine patient/client group.
- Participate in discharge planning, function as a client advocate and teach clients and their families about illness/injury and overall health promotion and wellness.
- Enhance quality of life from the perspective of the client/family.
- Document care provided and respond to incidents in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Consult, confer and collaborate with other health care providers.
- Maintain and advance your own clinical competence.
- Participate on designated hospital committees/teams and approved research projects as assigned.
Education & Experience
- Current practicing registration as a Registered Nurse with the British Columbia College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM).
Knowledge & Abilities
- Demonstrated ability in nursing practice related to designated client group - Acute medicine and surgical.
- Demonstrated knowledge of pathophysiology related to common diagnosis/surgeries and specific clinical situations related to area of practice (e.g. Angina; Arrhythmias; Congestive Heart Failure; Pneumonia; Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease; Coronary Artery Disease, Acute Renal Failure, Dementia, Delirium, and General; Orthopedic; Vascular; Gyne/Urology; Bariatric; Plastics; Ear Nose &Throat Surgeries).
- Demonstrated ability to provide nursing assessments & interventions related to common diagnosis/surgeries and specific clinical situations relevant to the designated patient/client group (e.g. Management of PCA; VAC dressing; TPN; Wound Care: surgical incisions, chronic, and complex wounds; Chest Tubes; Established Tracheostomies, Ostomies).
- Demonstrated knowledge, skill and ability in the use of telemetry monitoring and related equipment.
- Demonstrated ability to perform focused secondary assessments and integrate information from a variety of sources including diagnostics and develop plan of care relevant to the designated patient/client group.
- Demonstrated ability to anticipate and respond to potential complications and care issues relevant to the designated patient/client group.
- Demonstrated ability in correct usage of equipment and maintains competency in working with Oxygen delivery equipment; other care related pumps, catheters, tubes, suctions for designated patient population.
- Demonstrated ability to document client care on appropriate systems/forms in accordance with organizational and unit standards in a timely and accurate manner.
- Demonstrated skill in the management of patients with acute /chronic pain management; Omnicell system, including narcotics; Transcription of orders to MAR. Utilizes the Pain Assessment Record to perform comprehensive pain assessments.
- Demonstrated skill in safe care & management of delirium, hemodynamic instability, post-op infections.
- Demonstrated skill in assessing, maintaining, troubleshooting peripheral IVs and CVCs
- Demonstrated skill in performing RN autonomous scope of practice and standards of care relevant to designated patient/client population including IV, infection control, isolation protocols, etc.
- Demonstrated skill in CPR techniques.
- Basic computer literacy to operate a computerized patient care information systems.
- Demonstrated ability to respond immediately and appropriately to sudden emergencies.
- Demonstrated reliability and ability to organize and prioritize workload.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and implement and document plans of care.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively as a member of an interdisciplinary team.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and work effectively with patients and their families, co-workers, students, physicians, and other health care staff.
- Demonstrated ability to deal effectively and therapeutically with patients and families experiencing grief, loss and uncertainty of diagnoses and outcome.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate in writing accurately, concisely, and clearly.
- Demonstrated ability to teach students, novice staff, patients, and their families.
- Demonstrated ability to assist patients in maximizing functional abilities.
- Demonstrated ability to provide leadership and work direction.
- Demonstrated physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes.
As per the current Public Health Orders (Long Term Care/Seniors Assisted Living Provincial Health Officer Order and the Health Sector Order), as of October 26, 2021, all employees working for Vancouver Coastal Health must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Proof of vaccination status will be required.
WHY JOIN VANCOUVER COASTAL HEALTH?
VCH is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents. At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. We invite you to join us in creating healthy lives in healthy communities by showcasing our passion for care, connection to the communities we serve and our culture of teamwork that makes VCH a great place to work.
- Comprehensive health benefits package, including MSP, extended health and dental and municipal pension plan
- Grow your career with employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
- Wellness supports, including counselling, critical incident and innovative wellness services are available to employees and their immediate families
- Award-winning recognition programs to honour staff, medical staff and volunteers
- Access to exclusive discount offers and deals for VCH staff
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are essential to our goals of creating a great place to work and delivering exceptional care. We acknowledge and accommodate unique differences and ensure special measures are in place so that all prospective and current employees are given an opportunity to succeed.
We are committed to building a representative workforce and encourage applications reflecting diversity of sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, racialization or ancestry, disability, political belief, religion, marital or family status, age, and/or status as a First Nation, Metis, Inuit, or Indigenous person.
Vancouver Coastal Health is proud to be recognized as one of Canada's Top 100 Employers in 2022.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.