|Job Title: ||Functional Analyst (Finance), Business Systems and Integration|
|Work Site: ||590 Finance - 3rd Floor|
Temporary Full Time
As soon as possible
Days off: Saturday, Sunday, Statutory Holidays
|Salary: ||$33.35 - $47.94 per hour|
Come work as a Functional Analyst (Finance), Business Systems and Integration with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!
Our Decision Support Team is looking for an Analyst to focus on interactive Tableau report design and RPA (robotic process automation) as we expand our process improvement initiatives. You will learn about UiPath to create automated solutions to enhance our operational workflows.
We are looking for an individual with 2+ years of experience with Tableau, Power BI, MicroStrategy or equivalent data visualization tools. This is a role for someone with a keen interest in data dashboards who is passionate about process automation. You will work with a solution oriented team that is motivated to support our stakeholders in adopting new tools and technology.
As a Functional Analyst (Finance), Business Systems and Integration with Vancouver Coastal Health you will:
- Provide expert functional support to ensure that business needs are met and to ensure the application is used to its full potential
- Act as the primary point of contact for business area users across VCH and/or PHC and works closely with stakeholders in other corporate departments in issue resolution, testing and ensuring ongoing business process improvement.
- Develop Business Intelligence reports that provide key insights to stakeholder while adhering to strong data visualization standards.
- Provide technical guidance and direction to Analysts and/or other team members in all aspects of reporting, auditing and testing. Assigns project priorities to ensure overall timelines are met.
- Represent the department at system meetings, establishing and maintaining clear lines of communications between user department and technical IMIS team members.
- Configure system changes and prepares related documentation for changes impacting on system processing, other modules including changes to common data elements across shared modules, applications, and any changes requiring use of the Application Designer tools.
- Work closely with key stakeholders in determination and implementation of best practices including participating in the preparation of business cases, process re-engineering, and improvement initiatives.
- Develop and maintain training materials and reference documentation related to new systems/processes to ensure knowledge transfer and consistent usage by users. Coordinates and facilitates training sessions, drives train-the-trainer activities, and provides one-on-one guidance.
- Visibly champion Business Systems & Integrations and builds relationships with stakeholders that enable the sharing of knowledge and information and encourage collaboration on issues.
- Write queries to customize reports to meet user needs and conducts system audits to ensure data integrity.
- Identify opportunities and make recommendations for further exploitation of Business Systems by ensuring system enhancements are developed, tested, deployed and function according to agreed upon requirements. Maintains up to date knowledge regarding new and upcoming system functionality.
- Carry out responsibilities in accordance with health and safety requirements. Immediately reports unsafe situations by notifying supervisor or other appropriate personnel.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related discipline supplemented by related Information Systems courses.
- Minimum of five (5) years’ recent related experience within a large organization with an emphasis on business systems and reporting an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Extensive experience with complex Business systems, project planning and control are essential.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Expertly applies knowledge of business system modules relating to the Finance business area and maintains an understanding of interdependencies with other modules.
- Uses an understanding of business functions and processes in order to enhance business processes and create efficiencies through enterprise application systems.
- Maintains a strong sense of ownership and a results-oriented attitude to continually improve processes and systems, enhance efficiency and contribute to overall organizational success.
- Uses strong communication skills and the ability to establish and maintain strong communication channels with stakeholders.
- Applies solid technical and troubleshooting abilities in the provision of Business Systems & Integrations support.
- Exercises strong initiative, self-direction and problem solving abilities to identity gaps and opportunities for improvement.
- Keeps abreast of technological changes, anticipates opportunities and ensures readiness for future technology changes and enhancements.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
- CPA designation would be considered an asset
- Experience supporting PeopleSoft’s FSCM (General Ledger, Asset Management, Capital, Financial Reporting) module and/or expert knowledge in these areas will be an asset.
- Experience in Tableau, Power BI, R or other Data Visualization software.
As per the current Public Health Orders (Long Term Care/Seniors Assisted Living Provincial Health Officer Order and the Health Sector Order), as of October 26, 2021, all employees working for Vancouver Coastal Health must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Proof of vaccination status will be required.
WHY JOIN VANCOUVER COASTAL HEALTH?
VCH is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents. At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. We invite you to join us in creating healthy lives in healthy communities by showcasing our passion for care, connection to the communities we serve and our culture of teamwork that makes VCH a great place to work.
- Comprehensive health benefits package, including MSP, extended health and dental and municipal pension plan
- Grow your career with employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
- Wellness supports, including counselling, critical incident and innovative wellness services are available to employees and their immediate families
- Award-winning recognition programs to honour staff, medical staff and volunteers
- Access to exclusive discount offers and deals for VCH staff
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are essential to our goals of creating a great place to work and delivering exceptional care. We acknowledge and accommodate unique differences and ensure special measures are in place so that all prospective and current employees are given an opportunity to succeed.
We are committed to building a representative workforce and encourage applications reflecting diversity of sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, racialization or ancestry, disability, political belief, religion, marital or family status, age, and/or status as a First Nation, Metis, Inuit, or Indigenous person.
Vancouver Coastal Health is proud to be recognized as one of Canada's Top 100 Employers in 2022.
Please note: The duration of this temporary position is until approximately March 2023.
Please note that a resume is required to apply to this posting.
Hours of Work may vary due to project requirements.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.