|Job Title: ||Physiotherapist - Home Health|
|Work Site: ||Long Term Care, qathet General Hospital (formerly Powell River General) - Powell River, BC|
|Status: ||Regular Part Time (0.9 FTE)|
|Start Date: ||As soon as possible|
|Salary: ||$37.24 - $46.39 per hour|
Days off: Saturday, Sunday, alternate Mondays, and statutory holidays
Come work as a Physical Therapist with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)! Relocation Assistance may be available.
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Physiotherapist to join the team at qathet General Hospital. Apply today to join our team!
As a Physiotherapist with VCH you will:
- Work within a client and family model of care with a variety of acute episodic and chronic disease adult populations and within the context of the vision and values of the organization.
- Work in partnership with the client and family to establish goals that are safe, realistic, and reasonable by assessing, planning, coordinating, organizing, implementing, evaluating, and transitioning physiotherapy and other services for the client in an interprofessional team model in partnership with the client, family, primary care provider, and other care providers.
- Assess service eligibility, facilitate the development, implementation, and adaptation of a care plan, deliver direct care, and provide care management to assist clients to manage their own care and navigate through the various services available within the community setting.
- Work in consultation with other system partners and incorporates current evidence into practice.
Education & Experience
- Current full registration with the College of Physical Therapists of BC (CPTBC).
- Recent, related experience in Home Health clinical practice in Community.
- Valid BC Driver’s License required as local area travel may require the use of a personal vehicle.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Broad knowledge of Physiotherapy theory and practice within a client and family centred model of care.
- Broad knowledge of the CPTBC standards of practice and guidelines for clinical practitioners.
- Basic knowledge of physiotherapy standardised tests and measures.
- Knowledge and demonstrated skill in the provision of evidence-based clinical practice related to designated client populations.
- Knowledge of provincial acts and regulations related to home and community care.
- Knowledge of acute, chronic disease, palliative and health management and self-management support.
- Knowledge of community resources available for client/family support and related health services.
- Knowledge of transitions through continuums of care.
- Knowledge of other health care professions and their role in client care.
- Knowledge of research process and methodology.
- Knowledge of adult education principles, methods and tools.
- Demonstrated ability to promote client-focused care that demonstrates care for and with clients and significant others, sensitive to diverse cultures and preference, client advocacy and social justice concerns.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively as a member of a professional team.
- Demonstrated ability to adjust to new or unexpected events.
- Demonstrated ability to manage psychosocial and behavioural issues.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively through verbal, nonverbal, written, electronic and social media.
- Demonstrated ability to employ effective conflict resolution and reconciliation approaches and techniques.
- Demonstrated ability to teach, facilitate and coach.
- Demonstrated ability to employ teaching/learning strategies to transfer knowledge to engage clients/families in planning and self management of care.
- Demonstrated ability to promote staff morale, cooperation, assertiveness, creative planning for change and innovations, implementation of policies or other protocols and ongoing professional development of self.
- Demonstrated ability to develop rapport, trust and ethical relationships with clients/families, family care providers and other health care professionals.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, organize, schedule and prioritize work.
- Demonstrated skill in the use of equipment and in the techniques appropriate to physiotherapy treatment.
- Ability to operate related equipment and current administrative and clinical computer applications.
- Demonstrated physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes.
As per the current Public Health Orders (Long Term Care/Seniors Assisted Living Provincial Health Officer Order and the Health Sector Order), as of October 26, 2021, all employees working for Vancouver Coastal Health must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Proof of vaccination status will be required.
WHY JOIN VANCOUVER COASTAL HEALTH?
VCH is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents. At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. We invite you to join us in creating healthy lives in healthy communities by showcasing our passion for care, connection to the communities we serve and our culture of teamwork that makes VCH a great place to work.
- Comprehensive health benefits package, including MSP, extended health and dental and municipal pension plan
- Grow your career with employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
- Wellness supports, including counselling, critical incident and innovative wellness services are available to employees and their immediate families
- Award-winning recognition programs to honour staff, medical staff and volunteers
- Access to exclusive discount offers and deals for VCH staff
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are essential to our goals of creating a great place to work and delivering exceptional care. We acknowledge and accommodate unique differences and ensure special measures are in place so that all prospective and current employees are given an opportunity to succeed.
We are committed to building a representative workforce and encourage applications reflecting diversity of sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, racialization or ancestry, disability, political belief, religion, marital or family status, age, and/or status as a First Nation, Metis, Inuit, or Indigenous person.
Vancouver Coastal Health is proud to be recognized as one of Canada's Top 100 Employers in 2022.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.