|Job Title: ||Primary Care Nurse (RN)|
|Work Site: ||Vancouver City Centre Primary Care Network (PCN), Three Bridges Community Health Centre - Vancouver, BC|
|Status: ||Regular Full Time |
|Start Date: ||As soon as possible|
|Salary: ||$36.23 - $47.58 per hour|
Days off: Saturday, Sunday, and statutory holidays
Come work as a Primary Care Nurse with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Registered Nurse to join the Vancouver City Centre Primary Care Network (PCN) team working out of the Three Bridges Community Health Centre in Vancouver, BC. Apply today to join our team!
As a Primary Care Nurse with VCH you will:
- Assesses, plans, implements and evaluates nursing care for patients/clients and caregiver(s).
- Maintains partnership with the Primary Care Provider in accordance with the local PCN care delivery model as co-designed by the PCN Partners (local Division of Family Practice, VCH Community of Care and First Nations Partners).
- Applies health promotion, chronic disease management, advance care planning, and/or self-care management principles to conduct assessments, identify problems, provide direct care, and address issues or variances from the plan of care. In collaboration with the patient/client and interdisciplinary team,
- Provides continuity of care by liaising with team members, coordinating ongoing care (internal and external), supporting transitions and navigating services.
- Acts as a nursing resource for the team by applying problem-solving and critical thinking skills and providing information based on nursing theory and practices.
About Primary Care Networks (PCN)
This new model of care includes a multi-disciplinary team of nurses, pharmacists and allied health professionals, working alongside and supporting family physicians, nurse practitioners at primary care offices, Primary Care Community Health Centres, Urgent and Primary Care centres, and services delivered by not-for-profit community health partners. Team members involved in the patient’s care will work closely together, so that they can get a full picture of the health care needs. PCNs are expected to provide patients and primary care providers with strong, effective links to hospitals and diagnostic service providers.
Education & Experience
- Current practicing registration as a Registered Nurse with the BC College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM).
- One (1) year recent, related clinical experience relevant to the designated clinical area, or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Valid B.C. driver’s license and access to a vehicle.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Demonstrated ability in applying critical thinking skills within safe limits of patient care.
- Demonstrated understanding and knowledge and skills within primary care as well as theory and practice within a patient/client and family centred model of care.
- Demonstrated knowledge of relevant Professional Regulations and Standards (e.g Community Health Nurse of Canada (CHNC) competencies and standards of practice).
- Demonstrated knowledge and skill in the provision of evidence-based clinical practice related to primary care.
- Demonstrated knowledge of provincial acts, regulations, and program policies and guidelines related to home, community and primary care.
- Demonstrated knowledge of acute, chronic disease, mental health and substance use, palliative and health management and self-management support.
- Demonstrated ability to provide competent and culturally safe care in a variety of settings and with diverse populations
- Demonstrated ability to promote Indigenous Cultural Safety.
- Demonstrated understanding of Trauma Informed Practice, Harm Reduction and Recovery Oriented Care.
- Demonstrated ability to recognize when referral to another health care professional is required
- Demonstrated ability to support seamless transition in care.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively.
- Demonstrated ability to employ effective conflict resolution.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and set priorities for care.
- Demonstrated knowledge of other health disciplines and their role in patient/client care.
- Demonstrated ability to use research in practice.
- Demonstrated knowledge of adult education principles and ability to teach and coach patients/clients and caregiver(s) families.
- Demonstrated computer skills including the ability to effectively use a computerized patient/client care information documentation system.
- Demonstrated skill in CPR techniques
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes.
As per the current Public Health Orders (Long Term Care/Seniors Assisted Living Provincial Health Officer Order and the Health Sector Order), as of October 26, 2021, all employees working for Vancouver Coastal Health must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Proof of vaccination status will be required.
WHY JOIN VANCOUVER COASTAL HEALTH?
VCH is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents. At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. We invite you to join us in creating healthy lives in healthy communities by showcasing our passion for care, connection to the communities we serve and our culture of teamwork that makes VCH a great place to work.
- Comprehensive health benefits package, including MSP, extended health and dental and municipal pension plan
- Grow your career with employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
- Wellness supports, including counselling, critical incident and innovative wellness services are available to employees and their immediate families
- Award-winning recognition programs to honour staff, medical staff and volunteers
- Access to exclusive discount offers and deals for VCH staff
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are essential to our goals of creating a great place to work and delivering exceptional care. We acknowledge and accommodate unique differences and ensure special measures are in place so that all prospective and current employees are given an opportunity to succeed.
We are committed to building a representative workforce and encourage applications reflecting diversity of sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, racialization or ancestry, disability, political belief, religion, marital or family status, age, and/or status as a First Nation, Metis, Inuit, or Indigenous person.
Vancouver Coastal Health is proud to be recognized as one of Canada's Top 100 Employers in 2022.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.