|Job Title: ||WorkAbility Advisor|
|Work Site: ||Corporate Admin - LGH|
Regular Full Time
As soon as possible
Days off: Saturday, Sunday, Statutory Holidays
Come work as a WorkAbility Advisor with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a WorkAbility Advisor to join the dynamic Health team. Apply today to join our team!
As a WorkAbility Advisor with Vancouver Coastal Health you will:
- Develop, implement and monitor safe stay at work and/or return to work plans for employees with injury or illness.
- Utilize support resources on the Team to develop a safe and suitable care pathway that allows and encourages employees to stay-at-work or return-to-work in a timely manner following injury or illness.
- Maintain full medical confidentiality within the scope of VCH’s Accessing Employee Medical Information Policy.
- Coordinate disability case management of ill and injured employees, including early intervention and provision of services and referrals, to implement cost effective strategies to decrease absence and facilitate early return to work or stay at work.
- Maintain a high level of support for employees participating in disability management through frequent communication with the employee, collaborating with the employee and their care providers in development of goals and objectives compatible to the employee’s disability, monitoring the progress of the employee, communicating and collaborating with managers and union representatives.
- Promote best practices in disability management through communication, provision of expert advice and training of employees, managers, union representatives, HR Advisors and others, as appropriate.
- Follow established guidelines and standards of practice throughout the care pathway.
- Assess employees’ fitness for work based on bona fide medical and functional information.
- Develop, in collaboration with the employee and their care providers, individualized plans that facilitate an injured or ill employee’s return to work or stay at work that meet’s the employee’s functional ability.
- Maintain and evaluate a comprehensive roster of preferred internal and external providers of rehabilitation services.
- Maintain accurate and up to date records of all employees enrolled in the disability management program.
Education & Experience
- University degree in kinesiology, OT, PT or other health care discipline.
- Five (5) years recent related experience in a unionized health care environment, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Disability Management certificate (National Institute of Disability Management and Research).
Knowledge & Abilities
- Disability management
- Health care jobs
- Relationship management
- Verbal and written communication
- Current computer literacy in Excel, Power Point, Word
- Clinical reasoning
- Creative solution-focused
As per the current Public Health Orders (Long Term Care/Seniors Assisted Living Provincial Health Officer Order and the Health Sector Order), as of October 26, 2021, all employees working for Vancouver Coastal Health must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Proof of vaccination status will be required.
WHY JOIN VANCOUVER COASTAL HEALTH?
VCH is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents. At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. We invite you to join us in creating healthy lives in healthy communities by showcasing our passion for care, connection to the communities we serve and our culture of teamwork that makes VCH a great place to work.
- Comprehensive health benefits package, including MSP, extended health and dental and municipal pension plan
- Grow your career with employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
- Wellness supports, including counselling, critical incident and innovative wellness services are available to employees and their immediate families
- Award-winning recognition programs to honour staff, medical staff and volunteers
- Access to exclusive discount offers and deals for VCH staff
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are essential to our goals of creating a great place to work and delivering exceptional care. We acknowledge and accommodate unique differences and ensure special measures are in place so that all prospective and current employees are given an opportunity to succeed.
We are committed to building a representative workforce and encourage applications reflecting diversity of sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, racialization or ancestry, disability, political belief, religion, marital or family status, age, and/or status as a First Nation, Metis, Inuit, or Indigenous person.
Vancouver Coastal Health is proud to be recognized as one of Canada's Top 100 Employers in 2022.
Please note that a resume is required to apply to this posting.
Hours of Work may vary due to project requirements.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.