|Job Title: ||Human Resources / Labour Relations Advisor|
|Work Site: ||VGH 12th & Oak or Lions Gate Hospital or Sechelt Hospital or Richmond|
Regular Full Time
As soon as possible
Days off: Saturday, Sunday, Statutory Holidays
$39.77 - $57.17 per hour
Come work as a Human Resources Advisor with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Labour Relations/ Human Resources Advisor to join the People team where you will provide full scope labour relations support within a specified portfolio. This role offers flexible remote work options, where candidates can work remotely the majority of the time. Apply today to join our team!
As a Human Resources Advisor with Vancouver Coastal Health you will:
- Provide Labour Relations support (union/management grievance administration, essential services, labour relations code, collective agreement interpretation, selections):
- Investigate issues/grievances, maintain accurate documentation and engage in discussions with management and union representatives to achieve effective resolutions and encourage positive and proactive union/management relations
- Lead and facilitate resolution of disputes related to discipline and dismissal, grievance, investigations, third party preparations and advocacy
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of customer needs and objectives, engage other staff, team members and unions to proactively identify and resolve related issues
- Interpret and apply collective agreements, Employee Engagement policies, legislative requirements and other legal documents
- Ensure consistent application of processes and procedures related to internal posting selections
- Review Staff Conduct/Performance (respectful communication, continuous communication, employee development, personal conflict, performance management/discipline, human rights):
- Coach managers in the use of performance evaluation systems, continuous communication, respectful communication, and the development of performance plans.
- Ensure consistent application of processes and procedures related to human rights complaints.
- Utilize Change Initiatives (Section 54 labour adjustment, displacements, restructuring):
- Utilize targeted communication strategies for unions, employees and other stakeholders to provide information, gain acceptance and support change initiatives. Establish, initiate and evaluates change initiative plans through collaboration with managers and other stakeholders
- Develop organizational/people development strategies that promote department/program redesign, facilitate customer service understanding and acceptance of change
- Ensure consistent application of processes and procedures related to displacements, and transfers
- Provide advice, support and education to clients in the areas of:
- Staff Productivity Initiatives (Duty to Accommodate).
- Work in collaboration with the DTA Team to facilitate accommodations
- Provide Education and Training:
- Provide education and training to managers, supervisors and staff related to: performance management, Human Rights, collective agreement administration, respect and conflict resolution
Education & Experience
- University degree in a related field and/or a Human Resources certificate from a recognized post secondary institution
- Five (5) to seven (7) years of recent related experience in a unionized environment, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Both membership with the Human Resources Management Association of British Columbia (HRMA) and CHRP designations are assets.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Horizontal thinker
- Verbal and written communication
- Emotional intelligence
- Conflict resolution
- Creative solution-focused
- Current computer literacy in Excel, Power Point, Word
- Labour code
- Collective agreements
- Human rights code
As per the current Public Health Orders (Long Term Care/Seniors Assisted Living Provincial Health Officer Order and the Health Sector Order), as of October 26, 2021, all employees working for Vancouver Coastal Health must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Proof of vaccination status will be required.
WHY JOIN VANCOUVER COASTAL HEALTH?
VCH is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents. At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. We invite you to join us in creating healthy lives in healthy communities by showcasing our passion for care, connection to the communities we serve and our culture of teamwork that makes VCH a great place to work.
- Comprehensive health benefits package, including MSP, extended health and dental and municipal pension plan
- Grow your career with employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
- Wellness supports, including counselling, critical incident and innovative wellness services are available to employees and their immediate families
- Award-winning recognition programs to honour staff, medical staff and volunteers
- Access to exclusive discount offers and deals for VCH staff
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are essential to our goals of creating a great place to work and delivering exceptional care. We acknowledge and accommodate unique differences and ensure special measures are in place so that all prospective and current employees are given an opportunity to succeed.
We are committed to building a representative workforce and encourage applications reflecting diversity of sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, racialization or ancestry, disability, political belief, religion, marital or family status, age, and/or status as a First Nation, Metis, Inuit, or Indigenous person.
Vancouver Coastal Health is proud to be recognized as one of Canada's Top 100 Employers in 2022.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.