|Job Title: ||Physiotherapist 2 - Continuing Health Services (CHS)|
|Work Site: ||Richmond Continuing Health Services - Richmond, BC |
|Status: ||Temporary Part Time (0.6 FTE)|
|Start Date: ||As soon as possible until approximately February 2023|
|Salary: ||$37.24 - $46.39 per hour|
Days off: Wednesday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday
Come work as a Physiotherapist with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Physiotherapist to join the team at Richmond Continuing Health Services. Apply today to join our team!
As a Physiotherapist with VCH, you will:
- Work without general supervision, provide physical therapy services to clients to achieve and maintain optimal health outcomes and participate as a member of an integrated collaborative health care team.
- Perform duties such as:
- assessing client’s physical status, functional abilities, needs and goals,
- establishing a physical therapy diagnosis and prognosis,
- developing and implementing an intervention strategy,
- evaluating the effectiveness of the intervention,
- and communicating with the client/caregiver(s) and other health care providers.
- As required, contribute to the organization and delivery of physical therapy services, and participate in departmental/program quality assurance initiatives, meetings, research, and education.
- Utilize relevant software application such as PARIS, Microsoft Word and Access.
Education & Experience
- Degree in Physical Therapy or Rehabilitation Sciences and two to three years recent related experience.
- Current full registration with the College of Physical Therapists of BC (CPTBC).
- Eligible for membership in the Physiotherapy Association of British Columbia (PABC).
- Valid B.C. driver’s license in good standing. Local area requires the use of a personal vehicle for which mileage is paid.
- An ability to speak a second language may be required.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Working knowledge of physiotherapy theory and practice including the application of standardized tests/tools and measures.
- Working knowledge of the determinants of health and health promotion principles and practices.
- Working knowledge of community health agencies and available community resources.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully analyze situations, problem solve and facilitate resolutions.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, implement, evaluate and modify rehabilitation services
- Demonstrated ability to prescribe and/or recommend a variety of self-aids and rehabilitation equipment.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct relevant assessments per established standards of practice.
- Demonstrated ability to independently plan, organize and prioritize workload.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as a member of an interdisciplinary team.
- Demonstrated ability to plan/deliver/evaluate health education for individuals and groups.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain collaborative working relationships with clients, caregivers/families and community partners.
- Ability to provide effective service in a variety of community settings and with diverse populations.
- Demonstrated computer knowledge in relevant software applications.
- Working knowledge of research process and methodology.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes. Successful applicants may be required to complete a Criminal Records Review Check.
As per the current Public Health Orders (Long Term Care/Seniors Assisted Living Provincial Health Officer Order and the Health Sector Order), as of October 26, 2021, all employees working for Vancouver Coastal Health must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Proof of vaccination status will be required.
WHY JOIN VANCOUVER COASTAL HEALTH?
VCH is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents. At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. We invite you to join us in creating healthy lives in healthy communities by showcasing our passion for care, connection to the communities we serve and our culture of teamwork that makes VCH a great place to work.
- Comprehensive health benefits package, including MSP, extended health and dental and municipal pension plan
- Grow your career with employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
- Wellness supports, including counselling, critical incident and innovative wellness services are available to employees and their immediate families
- Award-winning recognition programs to honour staff, medical staff and volunteers
- Access to exclusive discount offers and deals for VCH staff
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are essential to our goals of creating a great place to work and delivering exceptional care. We acknowledge and accommodate unique differences and ensure special measures are in place so that all prospective and current employees are given an opportunity to succeed.
We are committed to building a representative workforce and encourage applications reflecting diversity of sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, racialization or ancestry, disability, political belief, religion, marital or family status, age, and/or status as a First Nation, Metis, Inuit, or Indigenous person.
Vancouver Coastal Health is proud to be recognized as one of Canada's Top 100 Employers in 2022.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.