|Job Title: ||Clinical Planner (Mental Health and Substance Use)|
|Work Site: ||Segal: Joseph & Rosalie Family|
Temporary Full Time
As soon as possible until approximately January 2023
Days off: Saturday, Sunday, Statutory Holidays
Come work as a Clinical Planner with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Clinical Planner to join the ACT Advanced Practice team. Apply today to join our team!
As a Clinical Planner with Vancouver Coastal Health you will:
- Undertake a lead role in projects within the VCH Regional Mental Health and Substance Use Program.
- Lead planning processes to help identify specific needs within the project and in relation to other areas of health.
- Coordinate the development, implementation and evaluation of strategic initiatives identified for implementation.
- Work collaboratively with stakeholders/managers throughout Vancouver Coastal Health and other Health Authorities to ensure Provincial plans to meet standards to be implemented across relevant Health Authorities while at the same time being sensitive to individual community needs, supports and capacity.
- Research and recommend policies and practices to support care delivery models that are specific to the project/initiative. In doing so, you will consult with Physicians, Managers, staff, consumers and family members and other stakeholders in Vancouver Coastal Health and other Health Authorities.
- Ensure the identification and incorporation of evidence-based standards and best practices for care delivery, coordinate project development for a broad range of initiatives and ensure appropriate frameworks and processes for evaluation are in place.
- Work collaboratively with other provincial and federal authorities and organizations to provide the resources and contacts necessary for sourcing and developing various care models.
- Develop and complete an action research/evaluation process to be utilized for the gathering and sharing of expertise for incorporation into plans within Vancouver Coastal Health.
- Manage the transition of assigned projects through the development state and ensure the transition of the management of these to the identified responsible Manager.
Education & Experience
- Masters Degree in a health related discipline.
- Five years recent experience related to the designated initiative or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Demonstrated experience in program development, implementation and evaluation.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Extensive knowledge & clinical experience in designated area
- Proven ability to manage complex projects
- Knowledge and experience in community development
- Demonstrated ability in change management and change processes
- Ability to undertake program evaluation
- Experience with budget development
- Demonstrated leadership skills with diverse populations and stakeholder groups
- Excellence in computer skills, including the Microsoft Office group of products
As per the current Public Health Orders (Long Term Care/Seniors Assisted Living Provincial Health Officer Order and the Health Sector Order), as of October 26, 2021, all employees working for Vancouver Coastal Health must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Proof of vaccination status will be required.
WHY JOIN VANCOUVER COASTAL HEALTH?
VCH is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents. At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. We invite you to join us in creating healthy lives in healthy communities by showcasing our passion for care, connection to the communities we serve and our culture of teamwork that makes VCH a great place to work.
- Comprehensive health benefits package, including MSP, extended health and dental and municipal pension plan
- Grow your career with employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
- Wellness supports, including counselling, critical incident and innovative wellness services are available to employees and their immediate families
- Award-winning recognition programs to honour staff, medical staff and volunteers
- Access to exclusive discount offers and deals for VCH staff
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are essential to our goals of creating a great place to work and delivering exceptional care. We acknowledge and accommodate unique differences and ensure special measures are in place so that all prospective and current employees are given an opportunity to succeed.
We are committed to building a representative workforce and encourage applications reflecting diversity of sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, racialization or ancestry, disability, political belief, religion, marital or family status, age, and/or status as a First Nation, Metis, Inuit, or Indigenous person.
VCH is proud to be recognized as a Best Place to Work in Canada in 2021 by Glassdoor and Forbes.
Please note: The duration of this temporary position is until approximately January 2023.
Please note that a resume is required to apply to this posting.
Hours of Work may vary due to project requirements.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.