|Job Title: ||Mental Health Housing Clinician|
|Work Site: ||Mental Health Housing Services - Vancouver, BC|
|Status: ||Regular Full Time|
|Start Date: ||As soon as possible|
|Salary: ||$35.65 - $44.56 per hour|
Days off: Saturday, Sunday, Statutory Holidays
Come work as a Mental Health Housing Clinician for Mental Health Housing Services in Vancouver!
Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) is looking for a Mental Health Housing Clinician to join the Mental Health Housing Services team in Vancouver, BC. Apply today to join our team!
RECOVERY RESPECT RESILIENCE
VANCOUVER COMMUNITY MENTAL HEALTH SERVICES IS COMMITTED TO COLLABORATING WITH CONSUMERS AND FAMILIES TO BUILD ON STRENGTHS, TALENTS AND INTERESTS IN ORDER TO FOSTER A COMMUNITY OF HOPE, GROWTH AND SELF-DETERMINATION.
As a Mental Health Housing Clinician you will:
- Work as part of an interdisciplinary team to place clients with mental illness in appropriate housing.
- Perform initial screening and conduct mental health housing assessments to determine the appropriate housing model based on clients needs, housing policies, and best practices.
- Assess and refer clients who require home support or adult day care participation to maintain independent community living.
- Collaborate, consult and share information for continuity of care and community resource coordination; and provides education and information services for housing agencies and staff, and other health care providers regarding mental health housing issues.
- Maintain appropriate client records, participate in in-services and team meetings, and engage in on going program planning and quality improvement activities.
Education & Experience
- Master’s Degree in a Health Sciences discipline from a recognized program.
- Two (2) year’s recent experience working with individuals with a mental illness, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A valid B.C. Driver’s license. Local area travel requires the use of a personal vehicle for which mileage reimbursement will be paid.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Knowledge of the principles of recovery in mental illness.
- Comprehensive knowledge of mental health housing models and resources.
- Broad knowledge of mental health illness, issues and treatments.
- Broad knowledge of community resources and other health care disciplines and their role in client care.
- Broad knowledge of legislation and government policies and procedures that relate to the client.
- Broad knowledge of adult education principles, methods and tools.
- Demonstrated ability to provide psychiatric assessments, crisis intervention and case coordination.
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and collaboratively as a member of a multidisciplinary team.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with clients and their families, colleagues, physician, and other health care staff, both one-on-one and in groups.
- Demonstrated ability to prepare and maintain a variety of charts, records and reports related to work, to perform all duties with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to independently plan, organize, and adapt to a changing workload.
- Demonstrated ability to establish workload priorities in collaboration with others in a complex health care environment.
- Demonstrated listening and information seeking skills that promotes communication and lead to a co-operative approach to problem solving within a multidisciplinary setting.
- Demonstrated ability to adjust to new or unexpected events, problem solve, and deal effectively with conflict situations.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
- A willingness to work with a culturally diverse population.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
- Basic computer literacy to operate a computerized client care information system and word processing, spreadsheet, Internet and e-mail software.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes. Successful applicants may be required to complete a Criminal Records Review Check.
As per the current Public Health Orders (Long Term Care/Seniors Assisted Living Provincial Health Officer Order and the Health Sector Order), as of October 26, 2021, all employees working for Vancouver Coastal Health must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Proof of vaccination status will be required.
WHY JOIN VANCOUVER COASTAL HEALTH?
VCH is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents. At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. We invite you to join us in creating healthy lives in healthy communities by showcasing our passion for care, connection to the communities we serve and our culture of teamwork that makes VCH a great place to work.
- Comprehensive health benefits package, including MSP, extended health and dental and municipal pension plan
- Grow your career with employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
- Wellness supports, including counselling, critical incident and innovative wellness services are available to employees and their immediate families
- Award-winning recognition programs to honour staff, medical staff and volunteers
- Access to exclusive discount offers and deals for VCH staff
Diversity, equity and inclusion are essential to delivering exceptional care and building a great place to work. At VCH, we value and accommodate unique differences to ensure that our staff and medical staff (both current and prospective) have the opportunity and are supported to thrive.
To build a strong and representative workforce, we are seeking candidates who will contribute to a caring and inclusive culture. We encourage applications from members of communities that are disadvantaged on any grounds under the B.C. Human Rights Code, including Indigenous Peoples, people of colour, people of all genders and sexualities and people with disabilities.
VCH is proud to be recognized as a Best Place to Work in Canada in 2021 by Glassdoor and Forbes.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.