|Job Title: ||Social Worker 2 |
|Work Site: ||Emergency, Vancouver General Hospital, Vancouver, BC|
|Status: ||Regular Part Time (0.73 FTE)|
|Start Date: ||As soon as possible|
|Salary: ||$36.99 - $46.27 per hour|
Days off: Rotating
Come work as a Social Worker 2 with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Social Worker to join the Emergency team at Vancouver General Hospital, Vancouver, BC. Apply today to join our team!
* This position works nights only *
As a Social Worker with Vancouver Coastal Health you will:
- Works in a team based environment
- Be responsible for providing clinical and consultative social work services to clients and families focusing on how the clients relationships are affected by their environment in a permanent evening, permanent night or permanent weekend shift
- May be required to supervise up to and including two (2) FTE.
- Duties include:
- conducting social and psychosocial assessments,
- providing individual, family and group counselling services,
- maintaining client records,
- attending interdisciplinary clinical/case conferences,
- providing Long-Term Care assessments.
- Identifies applicable community resources for clients, contributes to the effectiveness and development of community resources.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor of Social Work or Master of Social Work from an accredited School of Social Work and one (1) years’ post Baccalaureate experience in a health care setting or one (1) year in a practicum in a related setting.
- Current full registration with the British Columbia College of Social Workers.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Broad knowledge of systems thinking as it related to social work process.
- Broad knowledge of other health disciplines and their role in healthcare.
- Broad knowledge of research methodology.
- Broad knowledge of counselling skills and clinical practice models.
- Broad knowledge of family and change therapy.
- Broad knowledge of legislation and government policies and procedures that relate to the client.
- Demonstrated ability to apply systems theory to practice in Social Work assessment and intervention.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct social and psychosocial assessments.
- Demonstrated listening and information seeking skills that promote communication and lead to a co-operative approach to problem solving within an interdisciplinary setting.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and influence group and inter-group processes, decision making and problem solving.
- Demonstrated ability to establish rapport with clients and families in order to explore issues that are beyond the initial presented concerns.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with clients, families, team members, other groups and community agency personnel.
- Demonstrated ability to adjust to new or unexpected events.
- Demonstrated ability to deal effectively with conflict situations.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively as a member of an interdisciplinary team.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Skilled in the use of equipment, and in the techniques appropriate for treatment.
- Basic Computer literacy.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes.
As per the current Public Health Orders (Long Term Care/Seniors Assisted Living Provincial Health Officer Order and the Health Sector Order), as of October 26, 2021, all employees working for Vancouver Coastal Health must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Proof of vaccination status will be required.
WHY JOIN VANCOUVER COASTAL HEALTH?
VCH is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents. At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. We invite you to join us in creating healthy lives in healthy communities by showcasing our passion for care, connection to the communities we serve and our culture of teamwork that makes VCH a great place to work.
- Comprehensive health benefits package, including MSP, extended health and dental and municipal pension plan
- Grow your career with employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
- Wellness supports, including counselling, critical incident and innovative wellness services are available to employees and their immediate families
- Award-winning recognition programs to honour staff, medical staff and volunteers
- Access to exclusive discount offers and deals for VCH staff
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are essential to our goals of creating a great place to work and delivering exceptional care. We acknowledge and accommodate unique differences and ensure special measures are in place so that all prospective and current employees are given an opportunity to succeed.
We are committed to building a representative workforce and encourage applications reflecting diversity of sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, racialization or ancestry, disability, political belief, religion, marital or family status, age, and/or status as a First Nation, Metis, Inuit, or Indigenous person.
VCH is proud to be recognized as a Best Place to Work in Canada in 2021 by Glassdoor and Forbes.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.