|Job Title: ||Child & Family Intake Therapist|
|Work Site: ||Mental Health Child & Adolescent Program - Richmond, BC |
|Status: ||Temporary Full Time|
|Start Date: |
As soon as possible until approximately August 2022
|Salary: ||$35.65 - $44.56 per hour|
Days off: Saturday, Sunday, and statutory holidays
Come work as a Child & Family Intake Therapist with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Therapist with a Master's Degree to join the Child & Adolescent Mental Health program in Richmond, BC. Apply today to join our team!
As a Child & Family Intake Therapist, you will:
- Work as part of a multidisciplinary team providing a community service, to conduct the intake function for Child & Youth Mental Health Services.
- Perform initial screening, assessment, triage and referrals based on client needs, urgency of request and best practices to determine the appropriate treatment; manage the Child & Youth Mental Health Services waitlist, and maintain and provide accurate intake/referral data and statistics.
- Provide treatment services including crisis intervention, individual therapy, play therapy, family therapy and group work with children and/ or youth and their families.
- Educate and provide consultation to client/family; provide information to health providers and the general public; collaborate with colleagues and liaise with schools, Ministry of Children and Family Development, community agencies, hospitals, and other service providers; and participate in committees and community initiatives.
Education & Experience
- Master’s degree in a behavioural science from a recognized program.
- Two (2) years’ recent related experience working with children and youth in a mental health setting, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Valid BC Drivers License. Local area travel may require the use of a personal vehicle.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Broad knowledge of child and youth developmental theory.
- Broad knowledge of psychotherapeutic and counseling skills.
- Broad knowledge of psychopharmacology (indications and side-effects).
- Broad knowledge of neuropsychiatric conditions and care.
- Broad knowledge of community resources.
- Broad knowledge of other health care disciplines and their role in client care.
- Broad knowledge of psychoeducation principles and methods.
- Broad knowledge of legislation and government policies and procedures that relate to children and youth.
- Demonstrated ability to apply a variety of theoretical models to practice in assessment and intervention.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with colleagues, physicians, school counselors, clients and their families, students, and other service providers in health and social services, both one-on-one and in groups.
- Demonstrated ability to apply knowledge of theory and practice to a case management process.
- Demonstrated listening and information seeking skills that promotes communication and lead to a co-operative approach to problem solving within a multidisciplinary setting.
- Demonstrated ability to establish workload priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and collaboratively as a member of a multidisciplinary team.
- Demonstrated ability to adjust to new or unexpected events.
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve.
- Demonstrated ability to deal effectively with conflict situations.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Basic computer literacy to operate a computerized client care information system and word processing, spreadsheet, Internet and e-mail software.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes. Successful applicants may be required to complete a Criminal Records Review Check.
As per the current Public Health Orders (Long Term Care/Seniors Assisted Living Provincial Health Officer Order and the Health Sector Order), as of October 26, 2021, all employees working for Vancouver Coastal Health must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Proof of vaccination status will be required.
WHY JOIN VANCOUVER COASTAL HEALTH?
VCH is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents. At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. We invite you to join us in creating healthy lives in healthy communities by showcasing our passion for care, connection to the communities we serve and our culture of teamwork that makes VCH a great place to work.
- Comprehensive health benefits package, including MSP, extended health and dental and municipal pension plan
- Grow your career with employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
- Wellness supports, including counselling, critical incident and innovative wellness services are available to employees and their immediate families
- Award-winning recognition programs to honour staff, medical staff and volunteers
- Access to exclusive discount offers and deals for VCH staff
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are essential to our goals of creating a great place to work and delivering exceptional care. We acknowledge and accommodate unique differences and ensure special measures are in place so that all prospective and current employees are given an opportunity to succeed.
We are committed to building a representative workforce and encourage applications reflecting diversity of sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, racialization or ancestry, disability, political belief, religion, marital or family status, age, and/or status as a First Nation, Metis, Inuit, or Indigenous person.
VCH is proud to be recognized as a Best Place to Work in Canada in 2021 by Glassdoor and Forbes.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.