|Job Title: ||Bed Management Coordinator (RN/RPN) - Mental Health & Substance Use|
|Work Site: ||Mental Health & Substance Use Inpatient Unit, Joseph & Rosalie Segal & Family Community Health Centre - Vancouver, BC|
|Status: ||Temporary Full Time|
|Start Date: |
As soon as possible until approximately July 2023
|Salary: ||$43.09 - $52.82 per hour|
Days off: Rotating
Come work as a Bed Management Coordinator with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Registered Nurse or Registered Psychiatric Nurse to join the team at Joseph & Rosalie Segal & Family Health Centre in Vancouver, BC as a Bed Management Coordinator. Apply today to join our team!
As a Bed Management Coordinator with VCH you will:
- Coordinate patient/client care activities in a defined area of clinical expertise and provide leadership and guidance to designated staff.
- Facilitate efficient patient/client flow and access within and between units/programs/clinics.
- Facilitate assigned patients’ hospitalization from pre-admission through discharge.
- Conduct initial and concurrent reviews utilizing nursing, biological, pathophysiology, psychiatric and continuum of care knowledge and expertise and clinical utilization tools.
- Apply medical appropriateness criteria to resource utilization and transition/discharge planning, advise the interdisciplinary team on appropriate level of care and discharge planning needs, and intervene to address barriers.
- Provide leadership as needed to achieve optimal outcomes, including securing funding and approvals for services as required.
- Ensure a high standard of patient/client care by acting as a clinical resource for staff.
- Assist the Manager with performing administrative duties and coordinate staffing, scheduling and clinical research activities, ensuring optimal use of patient/client care resources.
- Promote education and research.
- Consult and collaborate with interdisciplinary team members, the leadership team and other health care professionals/providers to achieve excellence in patient/client and family centered care and enhancement in the quality of life.
Education & Experience
- Current practicing registration as a Registered Nurse or Registered Psychiatric Nurse with the British Columbia College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM) is required.
- Three (3) years' recent, related experience in the designated clinical area, including working with the applicable population group, and one (1) years’ experience in case management, discharge planning and/or utilization review, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Knowledge of mental disorders, substance use and concurrent disorders and treatment, and of the principles of recovery.
- Knowledge of Psychosocial Rehabilitation methodology, chemical dependency and substance uses treatment, psychopharmacology (indications and side-effects) and psychotherapeutic and counseling skills.
- Demonstrated ability to provide effective leadership, supervision, work direction and consultation.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct comprehensive mental health and substance use clinical and risk assessments, utilizing relevant tools and rating scales, and formulate a treatment plan, participate in discharge planning and provide crisis intervention.
- Ability to apply knowledge of theory and practice to a case management process.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate (orally and in writing) and collaborate effectively with clients and their families, coworkers, physicians, other health care staff, and staff of external agencies.
- Knowledge of primary, secondary and tertiary care programs and relevant, community resources.
- Knowledge of health care disciplines and their role in patient/client/family care and service provision.
- Knowledge of evidence informed nursing practice related to designated clinical area.
- Knowledge of legislation and government policies and procedures that relate to client, including the BC Mental Health Act.
- Demonstrated ability to promote a supportive, creative learning environment and lead continuous quality improvement.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively plan, organize and prioritize work.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively as a member of an interdisciplinary team.
- Demonstrated ability to set priorities, adjust to unexpected events, mediate and deal with conflict.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively lead change and support staff through transitions.
- Demonstrated ability to perform CPR.
- Demonstrated computer literacy to operate a computerized client care information system as well
- as applicable word processing, spreadsheet and database software applications.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
- Demonstrated physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes.
As per the current Public Health Orders (Long Term Care/Seniors Assisted Living Provincial Health Officer Order and the Health Sector Order), as of October 26, 2021, all employees working for Vancouver Coastal Health must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Proof of vaccination status will be required.
WHY JOIN VANCOUVER COASTAL HEALTH?
VCH is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents. At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. We invite you to join us in creating healthy lives in healthy communities by showcasing our passion for care, connection to the communities we serve and our culture of teamwork that makes VCH a great place to work.
- Comprehensive health benefits package, including MSP, extended health and dental and municipal pension plan
- Grow your career with employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
- Wellness supports, including counselling, critical incident and innovative wellness services are available to employees and their immediate families
- Award-winning recognition programs to honour staff, medical staff and volunteers
- Access to exclusive discount offers and deals for VCH staff
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are essential to our goals of creating a great place to work and delivering exceptional care. We acknowledge and accommodate unique differences and ensure special measures are in place so that all prospective and current employees are given an opportunity to succeed.
We are committed to building a representative workforce and encourage applications reflecting diversity of sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, racialization or ancestry, disability, political belief, religion, marital or family status, age, and/or status as a First Nation, Metis, Inuit, or Indigenous person.
VCH is proud to be recognized as a Best Place to Work in Canada in 2021 by Glassdoor and Forbes.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.