|Job Title: ||Social Worker 2 - Case Manager|
|Work Site: ||Assertive Community Treatment (ACT), Vancouver Mental Health Services, 865 West 10th Avenue - Vancouver, BC|
|Status: ||Regular Full Time|
|Start Date: |
As soon as possible
|Salary: ||$36.99 - $46.27 per hour|
Days off: Saturday, Sunday, Monday, and statutory holidays; one Monday shift every 6 weeks
Come work as a Social Worker with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) in Whistler, BC!
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Social Worker to join the Assertive Community Treament (ACT) team in Vancouver, BC in a Case Management capacity. Apply today to join our team!
As a Social Worker in Case Management at VCH you will:
- Provide case management services and clinical and consultative social work services to individuals with complex mental health, addiction and chronic medical concerns or equivalent.
- Conduct biopsychosocial mental health and addictions assessments, provide individual, family and group counselling services, maintain client records, and attend interdisciplinary clinical/case conferences.
- Identify applicable community resources for clients, contribute to the effectiveness and development of community resources and planning with clients for care and support in accordance with their health needs.
- Provide continuity of care across the continuum as a member of an interdisciplinary team by liaising with team members, developing/evaluating care plans and providing crisis intervention.
- Coordinate and implement clinical interventions, evaluating client outcomes based on client goals for care.
- Coordinate ongoing care and support transition to the community.
- Consult, confer, and collaborate with interdisciplinary team members, physicians, educational resources and other health care professionals to achieve excellence in client-centred education, care and empowerment.
ABOUT ASSERTIVE COMMUNITY TREATMENT (ACT)
Assertive Community Treatment (ACT) teams bring health care and life-skills support to clients; all of whom would have difficulty arranging and keeping appointments with traditional office-based health care practitioners. ACT uses a trauma informed approach to promote recovery through community-based treatment and rehabilitation. The ACT team strives to reduce the number of contacts between police and their clients with severe and persistent mental health conditions and substance use concerns.
Education & Experience
- Master’s degree in Social Work.
- Two (2) years’ recent experience in case management working with individuals with complex mental health, addiction and chronic medical concerns or equivalent, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Current full registration with the British Columbia College of Social Workers.
- Local area travel requires the use of personal vehicle. Valid BC Drivers License.
This posting has been posted internally and externally concurrently. External applicants will be considered after internals.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Knowledge of the principles of recovery in mental health.
- Knowledge of Psychosocial Rehabilitation methodology.
- Knowledge of mental health issues and treatment.
- Knowledge of substance abuse and addictions treatment.
- Knowledge of psychopharmacology (indications and side-effects).
- Knowledge and demonstrated ability to apply evidence based practice case management principles within a client and family centered care model for clients with complex health care needs.
- Knowledge and experience providing Indigenous culturally competent and responsible care.
- Demonstrated ability to apply systems theory to practice in Social Work assessment and intervention.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct biopsychosocial mental health and addiction assessments, functional/environmental and risk assessments and provide treatment planning and crisis intervention.
- Knowledge of systems thinking as it relates to the social work process.
- Demonstrated ability to utilize mediation, conflict resolution and counselling skills.
- Knowledge of other health disciplines and their role in client care.
- Knowledge of appropriate acts as they relate to the rights and obligations of clients and staff, e.g.
- Mental Health Act, Adult Guardianship Act, Health Care Consent (and Care Facility Admissions) Act and Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
- Knowledge and experience providing a Harm Reduction approach and Trauma Informed Care.
- Knowledge of adult education principles, methods and tools.
- Demonstrates ability to problem solve using sound judgement in applying critical thinking skills within safe limits of client care.
- Knowledge of health care ethics and ability to apply an ethical framework to practice.
- Demonstrated ability to teach, demonstrate, coach and facilitate clients and families.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement project action plans and accomplish objectives.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively as a member of an interdisciplinary team.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with verbally and in writing, and deal effectively with co-workers, physicians, other health care staff, clients and their families and staff of outside agencies.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively deal with conflict resolutions.
- Demonstrated ability to adjust to new or unexpected events.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, organize and prioritize work in collaboration with others.
- Demonstrated physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Basic computer literacy to operate a computerized client care information system, word processing, spreadsheet, Internet and email software.
- Demonstrated ability to provide consultation, leadership and work direction.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes.
As per the current Public Health Orders (Long Term Care/Seniors Assisted Living Provincial Health Officer Order and the Health Sector Order), as of October 26, 2021, all employees working for Vancouver Coastal Health must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Proof of vaccination status will be required.
WHY JOIN VANCOUVER COASTAL HEALTH?
VCH is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents. At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. We invite you to join us in creating healthy lives in healthy communities by showcasing our passion for care, connection to the communities we serve and our culture of teamwork that makes VCH a great place to work.
- Comprehensive health benefits package, including MSP, extended health and dental and municipal pension plan
- Grow your career with employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
- Wellness supports, including counselling, critical incident and innovative wellness services are available to employees and their immediate families
- Award-winning recognition programs to honour staff, medical staff and volunteers
- Access to exclusive discount offers and deals for VCH staff
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are essential to our goals of creating a great place to work and delivering exceptional care. We acknowledge and accommodate unique differences and ensure special measures are in place so that all prospective and current employees are given an opportunity to succeed.
We are committed to building a representative workforce and encourage applications reflecting diversity of sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, racialization or ancestry, disability, political belief, religion, marital or family status, age, and/or status as a First Nation, Metis, Inuit, or Indigenous person.
VCH is proud to be recognized as a Best Place to Work in Canada in 2021 by Glassdoor and Forbes.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.