|Job Title: ||Operational Initiatives Lead|
|Work Site: ||Home Support - Richmond|
Regular Full Time
As soon as possible
Days off: Saturday, Sunday, Statutory Holidays
Come work as an Operational Initiatives Lead with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for an Operational Initiatives Lead to join the Home Support - Richmond Administration team. Apply today to join our team!
As an Operational Initiatives Lead with Vancouver Coastal Health you will:
- Provide leadership, supervision and guidance to designated staff using effective management techniques including but not limited to coaching and mentoring staff, conducting performance evaluations and enabling developmental opportunities, recruiting staff and making hiring decisions, and determining and implementing discipline up to and including termination. Ensures employee adherence to VCH policies and standards (AWP, Respectful Workplace, Confidentiality, etc.).
- Continuously clarify performance expectations, conduct performance reviews and performance conversations. Regularly meet with staff for the purpose of providing continuous communication.
- Implements an effective workforce plan in collaboration with key partners and stakeholders that ensures the availability of adequate staff within the context of operational demands, environmental and resource constraints.
- Prepare and present comprehensive staffing level reviews and recommendations to the manager for effective operations, human resource utilization, and fiscal responsibility, while anticipating future needs.
- Be responsible for aspects of the clinical and/or operational performance of the facility, as directed by the Manager.
- Lead and/or work collaboratively with interdisciplinary care teams in the planning, implementation and evaluation of clinical protocols/practice guidelines and activities required to adhere to accreditation, regulatory and safety guidelines.
- Promote adherence to expenditure guidelines and corrective actions as directed by the Manager.
- Work collaboratively and strategically in the, identification and resolution of resident, family and/or staff issues, cultural and language barriers, ethical dilemmas, and the coordination and integration of care. Lead committees, task groups, provides input from a clinical perspective, presents relevant material, act as an advocate for the goals and the objectives of the service.
- Liaise with stakeholders across the Communities of Care (CoC). Participate in, and lead as required, the planning and implementation of initiatives to achieve organizational goals, promoting collaboration and commitment.
- Work closely with interdisciplinary team coordinating groups across the continuum of care to translate goals into detailed project charters and workplans, outlining timelines and deliverables.
- Execute project plans according to project management methodologies by ensuring systems and processes are in place, provides leadership to project teams responsible for implementing projects according to agreed charters, and ensuring the successful and coordinated completion of all tasks and processes
- Monitors, evaluates and analyses key performance indicators to drive quality improvement and manage risk.
- Promote participation in, and the integration of, research related to Residential Care.
- Carry out responsibilities in accordance with health and safety requirements. Immediately respond and coordinate correction to unsafe situations, involving others as appropriate.
- Identify and carry out system improvements to promote resident and staff safety.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree (Master’s preferred) in nursing or a related Health Sciences professional discipline
- Three (3) to five (5) year’s recent, related experience in a complex health care environment including leadership, program planning, education, facilitation and project leadership or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Current full registration with an applicable regulatory body/association as applicable.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Comprehensive knowledge of complex care and service delivery in residential care settings.
- Demonstrated knowledge of residential care best practices; populations served and care needs/activities.
- Broad knowledge of patient care delivery systems in primary, acute and community settings and the principles underlying safe, effective care transitions and efficient flow.
- Demonstrated ability to form effective relationships across the continuum of care.
- Demonstrated ability to provide clinical and administrative supervision and consultation and manage relevant HR processes.
- Ability to maintain a high level of professional confidentiality.
- Broad knowledge of budget development and management.
- Demonstrated skills and ability to facilitate the development of highly effective teams, and to work both independently and collaboratively.
- Demonstrated ability to model and foster a positive, collaborative, and respectful working environment.
- Demonstrated listening and information seeking skills that promote open and direct communication, and lead to a cooperative approach to problem solving.
- Utilizes effective facilitation, persuasion and negotiation abilities to achieve consensus, resolve conflict and achieve desired outcomes.
- Demonstrated ability to lead quality improvement activities, including the application of LEAN methodology.
- Broad knowledge of project management principles and methodologies, and ability to coach team members on these skills.
- Demonstrated ability to prepare and deliver presentations and reports.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
As per the current Public Health Orders (Long Term Care/Seniors Assisted Living Provincial Health Officer Order and the Health Sector Order), as of October 26, 2021, all employees working for Vancouver Coastal Health must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Proof of vaccination status will be required.
WHY JOIN VANCOUVER COASTAL HEALTH?
VCH is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents. At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. We invite you to join us in creating healthy lives in healthy communities by showcasing our passion for care, connection to the communities we serve and our culture of teamwork that makes VCH a great place to work.
- Comprehensive health benefits package, including MSP, extended health and dental and municipal pension plan
- Grow your career with employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
- Wellness supports, including counselling, critical incident and innovative wellness services are available to employees and their immediate families
- Award-winning recognition programs to honour staff, medical staff and volunteers
- Access to exclusive discount offers and deals for VCH staff
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are essential to our goals of creating a great place to work and delivering exceptional care. We acknowledge and accommodate unique differences and ensure special measures are in place so that all prospective and current employees are given an opportunity to succeed.
We are committed to building a representative workforce and encourage applications reflecting diversity of sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, racialization or ancestry, disability, political belief, religion, marital or family status, age, and/or status as a First Nation, Metis, Inuit, or Indigenous person.
VCH is proud to be recognized as a Best Place to Work in Canada in 2021 by Glassdoor and Forbes.
Please note that a resume is required to apply to this posting.
Hours of Work may vary due to project requirements.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.