|Job Title: ||Access and Discharge Coordinator (RN/RPN)|
|Work Site: ||BC Psychosis Program, UBC Hospital - Vancouver, BC|
|Status: ||Regular Part Time (0.8 FTE)|
|Start Date: ||As soon as possible|
|Salary: ||$43.09 - $52.82 per hour|
Days off: Thursday, Saturday, Sunday, and Statutory Holidays
Come work as an Access and Discharge Coordinator with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Registered Nurse (RN) or Registered Psychiatric Nurse (RPN) to join the BC Psychosis Program team, UBC Hospital in Vancouver, BC as an Access and Discharge Coordinator. Apply today to join our team!
As an Access and Discharge Coordinator with Vancouver Coastal Health you will:
- Be responsible for coordinating and implementing a centralized referral and access utilization system, developing and determining the effectiveness of access and discharge policies and procedures.
- Coordinate and maintain a bed occupancy and wait list database and may be required to track Alternate Level of Care (ALC) service applicable for the designated program.
- Serve as a liaison between service providers and health care teams, participates in rounds, collects related data, receives and reviews referrals, participates on relevant working groups/committees, participates in quality improvement activities and promotes awareness of Mental Health and/or Addiction programs.
Education & Experience
- Current practicing registration as a Registered Nurse or Registered Psychiatric Nurse with the British Columbia College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM).
- Two years' recent, related nursing experience relevant with the designated client population or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Valid BC Driver’s License. Local area travel may require the use of a personal vehicle.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Comprehensive knowledge of nursing science theory, and practice within a client and family centred model of care.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the BCCNM standards for Nursing Practice.
- Comprehensive skill and expertise in adult and older adult residential care, tertiary, acute and community Mental Health and/or Addiction services and related issues.
- Knowledge of relevant policies, procedures, and standards of care.
- Knowledge of other health care disciplines and their role in patient care.
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate the development of critical thinking and clinical decision making skills in others.
- Ability to communicate effectively with co-workers, physicians, and other health care staff, either one-on-one or in groups.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrated ability to function as a team member, leader, and facilitator.
- Demonstrated ability to establish workload priorities in collaboration with others.
- Demonstrated ability to provide effective consultation.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in collaboration with others.
- Ability to put systems in place to address various designated client population groups, to ensure access to services and facility care.
- Ability and skill to operate related equipment, and in techniques appropriate to assigned clinical area.
- Physical ability to perform the duties and responsibilities of the position.
- Basic computer literacy with word processing, spreadsheet and database skills.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes.
As per the current Public Health Orders (Long Term Care/Seniors Assisted Living Provincial Health Officer Order and the Health Sector Order), as of October 26, 2021, all employees working for Vancouver Coastal Health must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Proof of vaccination status will be required.
WHY JOIN VANCOUVER COASTAL HEALTH?
VCH is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents. At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. We invite you to join us in creating healthy lives in healthy communities by showcasing our passion for care, connection to the communities we serve and our culture of teamwork that makes VCH a great place to work.
- Comprehensive health benefits package, including MSP, extended health and dental and municipal pension plan
- Grow your career with employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
- Wellness supports, including counselling, critical incident and innovative wellness services are available to employees and their immediate families
- Award-winning recognition programs to honour staff, medical staff and volunteers
- Access to exclusive discount offers and deals for VCH staff
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are essential to our goals of creating a great place to work and delivering exceptional care. We acknowledge and accommodate unique differences and ensure special measures are in place so that all prospective and current employees are given an opportunity to succeed.
We are committed to building a representative workforce and encourage applications reflecting diversity of sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, racialization or ancestry, disability, political belief, religion, marital or family status, age, and/or status as a First Nation, Metis, Inuit, or Indigenous person.
VCH is proud to be recognized as a Best Place to Work in Canada in 2021 by Glassdoor and Forbes.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.