|Job Title: ||Clinical Operations Supervisor (RPN/RN)|
|Work Site: ||Home Support Vancouver - North Team - Multi-site: 1212 West Broadway, 650-555 West 12th Ave, 2750 East Hastings - Vancouver, BC|
|Status: ||Regular Full Time |
|Start Date: ||As soon as possible|
|Salary: ||$45.90 - $55.32 per hour|
Days off: Saturday, Sunday, Statutory Holidays
Come work as a Clinical Operations Supervisor with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Registered Psychiatric Nurse OR Registered Nurse to join the Home Support North Team in Vancouver, BC as a Clinical Operations Supervisor. This position will work out of multiple sites: 1212 West Broadway, 650-555 West 12th Ave, 2750 East Hastings as needed. Apply today to join our team!
As a Clinical Operations Supervisor with VCH you will:
- Administrate/oversee and provide supervision to designated staff and team professionals including continuous communications, conflict resolution, performance recognition, coaching, performance management, safe work and resident transfer practices, workload and staffing issues.
- Conduct Attendance Wellness Promotion (AWP), Respectful Workplace, accommodation and other meetings in conjunction with an HR Advisor. Recruits, hires, selects, mentors and retains staff.
- Oversee all aspects of care delivery and daily activities of designated programs/areas.
- Liaise with key stakeholders on the achievement of quality indicators and program goals and objectives.
- Ensure a high standard of care while promoting interdisciplinary practice and ensuring a safe environment for staff and residents.
- Quality patient/client care is supported through a patient/client/family centered care model in accordance with established standards of professional practice and the vision and values of the organization.
- Practices within the standards of professional practice and code of ethics for Registered Nurses or Registered Psychiatric Nurses as outlined by the British Columbia College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM).
Education & Experience
- Current practicing registration as a Registered Nurse or a Registered Psychiatric Nurse with the British Columbia College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM). Baccalaureate in Nursing and/or Bachelors in Psychiatric Nursing.
- Five (5) years recent related experience in an appropriate area of clinical practice within a large complex health organization.
- Strong facilitation, conflict management and resolution skills that include three (3) years supervisory leadership experience or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Experience using a variety of software applications including presentation, word processing, spreadsheet and databases.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Comprehensive knowledge of issues in relevant service area including current trends, best practices and modalities of treatment.
- Demonstrated ability to function as a strong team leader, motivator, coach/mentor, and team member within a complex multidisciplinary setting.
- Demonstrated ability to continuously communicate effectively and strategically with colleagues, physicians and health care staff, both one-on-one and in groups.
- Utilizes strong critical thinking skills when making decisions, resolving issues/conflict.
- Demonstrated ability to adjust to new or unexpected events, problem solve, and deal effectively with and guide others in resolution of conflict issues.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and resolving conflict.
- Demonstrated ability to model and foster a positive, collaborative, and respectful team working environment.
- Ability to maintain a high level of professional confidentiality.
- Demonstrated ability to provide clinical and administrative supervision and consultation.
- Demonstrated skills and ability to facilitate team building and to work both independently and collaboratively.
- Demonstrated listening and information seeking skills that promotes open and direct communication and leads to a cooperative approach to problem solving.
- Demonstrated organizational and planning skills.
- Demonstrated ability to set priorities, organize work, and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to operate related equipment.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Employs advanced expertise in the use of current computer applications to create and maintain a variety of client care information systems (such as PARIS), databases, documents and presentations.
- Demonstrated skill in CPR techniques.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes. Successful applicants may be required to complete a Criminal Records Review Check.
As per the current Public Health Orders (Long Term Care/Seniors Assisted Living Provincial Health Officer Order and the Health Sector Order), as of October 26, 2021, all employees working for Vancouver Coastal Health must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Proof of vaccination status will be required.
WHY JOIN VANCOUVER COASTAL HEALTH?
VCH is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents. At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. We invite you to join us in creating healthy lives in healthy communities by showcasing our passion for care, connection to the communities we serve and our culture of teamwork that makes VCH a great place to work.
- Comprehensive health benefits package, including MSP, extended health and dental and municipal pension plan
- Grow your career with employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
- Wellness supports, including counselling, critical incident and innovative wellness services are available to employees and their immediate families
- Award-winning recognition programs to honour staff, medical staff and volunteers
- Access to exclusive discount offers and deals for VCH staff
Diversity, equity and inclusion are essential to delivering exceptional care and building a great place to work. At VCH, we value and accommodate unique differences to ensure that our staff and medical staff (both current and prospective) have the opportunity and are supported to thrive.
To build a strong and representative workforce, we are seeking candidates who will contribute to a caring and inclusive culture. We encourage applications from members of communities that are disadvantaged on any grounds under the B.C. Human Rights Code, including Indigenous Peoples, people of colour, people of all genders and sexualities and people with disabilities.
VCH is proud to be recognized as a Best Place to Work in Canada in 2021 by Glassdoor and Forbes.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.