|Job Title: ||Regional Clinical Nurse Specialist (RN) - Wound, Ostomy and Continence|
|Work Site: ||Professional Practice Administration, 520 West 6th Avenue - Vancouver, BC|
Temporary Full Time
As soon as possible until approximately March 2023
0800 - 1600
Days off: Saturday, Sunday & Statutory holidays
Come work as a Clinical Nurse Specialist with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Clinical Nurse Specialist (CNS) to join the Professional Practice Administration team in Vancouver, BC. The focus for this role will be Wound, Ostomy and Continence. Apply today to join our team!
As a Clinical Nurse Specialist with Vancouver Coastal Health you will:
- Provide leadership and direction in the delivery of nursing care and the formulation of organizational policies relevant to such care.
- Work within the organization’s leadership framework to foster, facilitate and achieve the highest standards of service delivery and leads in the planning, development and implementation of clinical policies and programs designed for improving patient/client care.
- Provide expert advice and consultation in the areas of nursing, resource planning, program and health system improvement, research and professional development to support quality and utilization initiatives.
- Continuously evaluate nursing practice and contribute to the ongoing organizational development of practice knowledge by evaluating research and developing frameworks and strategies to facilitate the implementation of best practices.
- Function as clinical leader in a particular area of specialty and advances nursing practice in the area of specialty through the use of advanced practice and evidence based research.
- Work closely with Professional Practice leaders and act as a liaison between various hospitals and/or community programs to facilitate integration of care across the continuum and reports on professional nursing practice matters.
- Provide leadership and expert consultation to team members and other health care staff, patients/clients and families/significant others.
- Work collaboratively with Program Managers, Medical Directors, Clinical Educators, Nurse Clinicians, staff nurses, and others members of the interdisciplinary team to pro-actively move nursing practice forward at the regional, provincial and national levels.
Education & Experience
Masters degree in Nursing plus current practicing registration as a Registered Nurse with the British Columbia College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM).
A minimum of five (5) year’s recent related experience working in a health care setting with a focus in primary care and in a progressive leadership role.
Canadian Nurses Association certification or membership in related provincial, national and/or international professional association(s) preferred.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Effectively collaborates to build relationships that promote the achievement of cooperative goals and contribute to an atmosphere of trust and mutual respect.
- Professionally consults to enable the successful sharing of expertise with caregivers, patients/clients, families/significant others, other members of the public, and colleagues.
- Proficiently provides and vigilantly evaluates education/orientation on complex advanced practices and abilities to ensure skills levels are acquired or maintained by team members to meet overall practice and care standards.
- Utilizes expert acute clinical evaluation skills to assess needs of the patient/client and their families/significant others.
- Skillfully, and in consultation with academic institutions and professional bodies, identifies/develops discipline specific standards for teaching and education.
- Collaboratively leads in the identification, planning and implementation of ongoing activities to support research initiatives.
- Effectively leads and directs staff by providing a work environment that fosters motivation and respectful relationships, and enables decision-making.
- Exhibits advanced verbal, written and technological communication and presentation skills when disseminating information/advice and/or promoting the use of research findings.
- Applies knowledge of a wide range of cross-cultural and diversity issues within a health care environment.
WHY JOIN VANCOUVER COASTAL HEALTH?
VCH is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents. At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. We invite you to join us in creating healthy lives in healthy communities by showcasing our passion for care, connection to the communities we serve and our culture of teamwork that makes VCH a great place to work.
- Comprehensive health benefits package, including MSP, extended health and dental and municipal pension plan
- Grow your career with employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
- Wellness supports, including counselling, critical incident and innovative wellness services are available to employees and their immediate families
- Award-winning recognition programs to honour staff, medical staff and volunteers
- Access to exclusive discount offers and deals for VCH staff
Diversity, equity and inclusion are essential to delivering exceptional care and building a great place to work. At VCH, we value and accommodate unique differences to ensure that our staff and medical staff (both current and prospective) have the opportunity and are supported to thrive.
To build a strong and representative workforce, we are seeking candidates who will contribute to a caring and inclusive culture. We encourage applications from members of communities that are disadvantaged on any grounds under the B.C. Human Rights Code, including Indigenous Peoples, people of colour, people of all genders and sexualities and people with disabilities.
VCH is proud to be recognized as a Best Place to Work in Canada in 2021 by Glassdoor and Forbes.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.